Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, since actual build week is July 19, I hope to get this thing in August and then start the mods.
(Edit: my Bronco is stuck at Dirt Mountain so may not get this now til Oct/Nov šŸ˜”)

EDIT AGAIN: Bronco delivered on 11/19, picked up on 11/20. So happy!

So hereā€™s what Iā€™m thinking - go for the (Jeep) Magneto look on my white WT. Hence the black ice theme. FYI, I will not be referring to my Bronco as Black Ice, thatā€™s cheesy and itā€™s just here to name this thread. It will just be ā€˜my Broncoā€™. Anyways, since my white WT will already have the black accents and hood/side graphics and the blue stitching/accents inside so my plan is to:
  • add subtle velocity blue pinstripping (using high quality pinstripe tape, not paint) around the outer edges of the WT hood graphic
  • add thin, subtle blue pinstriping (high quality pinstripe tape) under (parts of, not all of) the WT side graphics
  • paint the front tow hooks velocity blue (maybe just the sides and inside circle, still deciding)
  • paint only the sides of the white letters on the front grill velocity blue (the fronts of letters remain white)
  • add a second tow hook on the rear and paint both rear tow hooks velocity blue
Hereā€™s what Iā€™m starting with:
Ford Bronco BLACK ICE Build 8927F0DD-5239-4C6D-8EF0-F563FF1C4924

And hereā€™s the look color scheme Iā€™m going for.
Ford Bronco BLACK ICE Build 4CC3A85F-29B6-4D13-AEBE-688086EAA287

Other initial mods planned:
  • Tint front windows (Stephens, my dealer doing for $50 upon arrival)
  • add 4 door rock rails both for actual use and to cover the pinch welds/open holes
  • paint the muffler flat black with high temp paint
  • buy a new steel rear bumper, leaning to the 4WPs version at the moment
  • install quick disconnects on the front sway bar
  • replace the rear diff cover with the upgraded Ford Perf diff cover
  • find a stubby antenna
  • install level kit for front or 1ā€ to 2ā€ lift, we shall see
  • more Iā€™m sureā€¦
Excited to get started once the Bronco gets here.

Pic here is 11/22.

Ford Bronco BLACK ICE Build 8B79037D-A8E7-41A9-BE06-F401E9D63E48
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congrats on at least having a plan... and a build date.
Thanks. And we all know that having plan can get all Fā€™d up pretty easily, but hopefully itā€™s a place to start. Now I need to get the wallet to come along.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of what you posted was an appearance package sort of thing, so what I was trying to say is, at least ya know what you like/want. As I read through, I kept wondering if you plan to do the accent work yourself.?.?.? Doing so would help with the wallet aspect quite a lot... but as always it depends on our own skill sets. I donā€™t have the patience to do custom paintwork like, say @broadicustomworks does... so I tend to have vehicles with a rough looking exterior. However, Iā€™m a stickler on the mechanical and fabricated pieces. All that said, I do like the nicely painted and clean looking vehicles... but I also appreciate patina šŸ™‚

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco looks so good as is. Your subtle touches are going to look great and make it yours. I plan to do something similar on mine too, like maybe the black stripe that 4WP has.

Over time I'm sure we'll see some wild stuff on the streets but the Bronco doesn't really need more than subtle touches my opinion.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Bronco looks so good as is. Your subtle touches are going to look great and make it yours. I plan to do something similar on mine too, like maybe the black stripe that 4WP has.

Over time I'm sure we'll see some wild stuff on the streets but the Bronco doesn't really need more than subtle touches my opinion.
Totally agree, going for subtle, not in your face so just a tiny bit of blue as I donā€™t want it to be only black and white.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, since actual build week is July 19, I hope to get this thing in August and then start the mods.

So hereā€™s what Iā€™m thinking - go for the (Jeep) Magneto look on my white WT. Hence the black ice theme. FYI, I will not be referring to my Bronco as Black Ice, thatā€™s cheesy and itā€™s just here to name this thread. It will just be ā€˜my Broncoā€™. Anyways, since my white WT will already have the black accents and hood/side graphics and the blue stitching/accents inside so my plan is to:
  • add subtle velocity blue pinstripping around the outer edges of the WT hood graphic
  • add thin, subtle blue pinstriping under (only parts of, not all of) the WT side graphics
  • paint the front tow hooks velocity blue (maybe just the sides and inside circle, still deciding)
  • paint only the sides of the white letters on the front grill velocity blue (the fronts of letters remain white)
  • add a second tow hook on the rear and paint both rear tow hooks velocity blue
Hereā€™s what Iā€™m starting with:

And hereā€™s the look Iā€™m going for.

Other initial mods planned:
  • Tint front windows (Stephens, my dealer doing for $50 upon arrival)
  • add 4 door rock rails both for actual use and to cover the pinch welds/open holes - ordered already
  • paint the muffler flat black with high temp paint
  • buy a new steel rear bumper, leaning to the 4WPs version at the moment
  • install quick disconnects on the front sway bar
  • replace the rear diff cover with the upgraded Ford Perf diff cover
  • find a stubby antenna
  • more Iā€™m sureā€¦
Excited to get started once the Bronco gets here.
Looks cool man!

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I dig the black subtle stripe of the 4WP
Think it would look cool on my cactus grey 4 door
Sponsored