79bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No worries. Being such new vehicles I actually had to cross-reference a Lincoln MKZ to find them. Everything said it was not compatible with the bronco/sport models but the Ford OEM site listed those as a cross match. Once production pics up on the bronco it will be much easier I am sure.

OP
OP
GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F-150 Raptor, 2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you're wanting to swap lugs so quickly, I highly recommend the "Spline Drive" line of McGard lugs. The silver seat you see floats, meaning once you seat the lug, the base won't continue turning once you mate the wheel and lug. This will keep you from damaging the finish on your wheels (assuming you bought aftermarket wheels since the lug color is an issue for you)

You can't see the seat once the lug is installed, so the color there doesn't matter. I've used their Spline Drive lugs on my racing wheels with their expensive an thin finishes and these are a superior design and superior materials to even their normal lugs.

Yes, they are more expensive. But you're only buying them once if you buy the right items!

61-1057[1].jpg
Ford Bronco Black Lugs & Wheel Locks PXL_20210720_164534981

I got a set to validate if they would work better, they look worse than stock due to not covering the bare mating surface below a standard lug.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
PXL_20210720_164534981.jpg

I got a set to validate if they would work better, they look worse than stock due to not covering the bare mating surface below a standard lug.
I am not questioning your findings but I am having a difficult time understanding what I am looking at in your pic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F-150 Raptor, 2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am not questioning your findings but I am having a difficult time understanding what I am looking at in your pic.
So the issue with small diameter lugs is that they don't have a large bulge. On stock wheels the lug wells are painted for bulge style lugs. What you are seeing is the McGard spline style lugs installed on the stock wheels (Wildtrak/First Edition) which has an unsightly silver ring around the lug. Definitely recommend sticking with the lugs I mentioned in the original post.

Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the issue with small diameter lugs is that they don't have a large bulge. On stock wheels the lug wells are painted for bulge style lugs. What you are seeing is the McGard spline style lugs installed on the stock wheels (Wildtrak/First Edition) which has an unsightly silver ring around the lug. Definitely recommend sticking with the lugs I mentioned in the original post.
Thanks, Funny how the pic was like an optical illusion to me.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found an ideal setup for black lugs and wheel locks to include securing that rear spare! I personally hate chrome lugs on black wheels so this was a must have.

Searched quite a bit to find a solution for all 4 wheels and the spare. Ultimately I decided on the below.

The Bronco uses 6 M12x1.50 lugs like the Ranger so a total of 24 lugs plus 3 for the spare wheel.

McGard 24526 - 5 piece black locking lugs with key.

McGard 64015 - 4 piece black lug nuts. Need to order 6 of these, you'll have 2 excess which isn't a bad thing to have on hand. You may be able to find a vendor who sells them individually as some buy them in bulk quantities.
I went a slightly different route by splitting the buy up between Amazon and McGard.

Bought Kit # 84538 - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DIX1PNC
Bought Qty (2) #64015 - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000COS0H4

Then once lock code is in hand, contact McGard to buy an additonal lock nut (and key so I have a spare) coded to the kit.

Edit to Add (9/2/2021):

Talked to McGard salesrep and asked if they had plans to create a 27 piece kit for the Bronco similar to the one for the Jeeps and they stated that they do not. Maybe after the Bronco has been out a few years. So for now, the method I've outlined is the most cost effective. Approximately $120

Last edited:

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went a slightly different route by splitting the buy up between Amazon and McGard.

Bought Kit # 84538 - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DIX1PNC
Bought Qty (2) #64015 - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000COS0H4

Then once lock code is in hand, contact McGard to buy an additonal lock nut (and key so I have a spare) coded to the kit.

Edit to Add (9/2/2021):

Talked to McGard salesrep and asked if they had plans to create a 27 piece kit for the Bronco similar to the one for the Jeeps and they stated that they do not. Maybe after the Bronco has been out a few years. So for now, the method I've outlined is the most cost effective. Approximately $120
Ford Bronco Black Lugs & Wheel Locks 1A817AB5-94BB-468A-9B03-3AB53A3E8FD4

should I be concerned Amazon says it doesn’t fit?

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Black Lugs & Wheel Locks 1A817AB5-94BB-468A-9B03-3AB53A3E8FD4

should I be concerned Amazon says it doesn’t fit?
I'm not. This is the same size referenced by others but I do not have my Bronco yet. Hopefully next week I can definitively say they do.

@GrabberBlue may be able to 100% verify

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not. This is the same size referenced by others but I do not have my Bronco yet. Hopefully next week I can definitively say they do.

@GrabberBlue may be able to 100% verify
Following for yay or nay. Also thanks for the link

Sponsored

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Following this as well. Just trying to decide between the ones on the Ford Bronco accessory page or any of the mentions here. Seems like a few conflicting opinions on what to get, so interested to see what wins when the dust settles.

CliffCo

Big Bend
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Iconic Silver, Big Bend Sasquatch (MIC top)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is a bulge cone seat different than the cone? I always thought it was cone and ball...

(or ball and cone... wait, what?)

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Still laughing at the math deficient. If you're putting locking nuts on, you'll need 4 less regulars, and if you have a spare tire cover....know one will know.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is extraordinarily confusing! Figured switching to black nuts would be easy peasy. Instead, some say NOT FOR BRONCO! Why? And then the McGard's are 3-4x priced over others. What's the diff?
I guess I'll wait to get mine, assuming I do...before making a pick.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found an ideal setup for black lugs and wheel locks to include securing that rear spare! I personally hate chrome lugs on black wheels so this was a must have.

Searched quite a bit to find a solution for all 4 wheels and the spare. Ultimately I decided on the below.

The Bronco uses 6 M12x1.50 lugs like the Ranger so a total of 24 lugs plus 3 for the spare wheel.

McGard 24526 - 5 piece black locking lugs with key.

McGard 64015 - 4 piece black lug nuts. Need to order 6 of these, you'll have 2 excess which isn't a bad thing to have on hand. You may be able to find a vendor who sells them individually as some buy them in bulk quantities.
Are these shitty, tin-capped lugs like most Ford's, or "real" lug...?
Sponsored