First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered a BL with Mod painted top - I’m obviously hoping it’s only delayed a couple months at the most but it is what it is at this point
I do have one issue though since going with the painted mod top gets you painted mirror caps AND a black painted grill. I think the charcoal grey BL grille is the nicest one of all and with the painted top I’m going to lose that grill - I don’t really like the black grill but I guess at least it will match the top and mirrors. If it came with the charcoal grey grill it would be a 3rd color - grill, black top, mic grey fenders - that’s a lot going on.
Thoughts on my dilemma? Has anyone else struggled with this choice/option for this reason?
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you sure? That would make it mostly a Wildtrak in exterior appearance.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don’t sweat it.
Once people start getting their Broncos I am sure there will be someone who would be willing to trade grills with you.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Grills are easy to change and replacements are expected to be available. So you should be able to swap it with a carb gray one later if desired.

Good chance B6G will have more answers about grills by the time the mod tops are delivered. Order the top you want and then roll with it from there. 👍

good luck!

PEACE

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Black painted top has always included black painted grille and side mirrors. Just doesn't reflect it in the B&P, because Rockstars.
Ford site in the exterior detail area for exterior extras and has been that way since launch.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This worries me that body-colored tops could come with body-colored mirrors. 😳

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What a mess!

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m very glad it comes with the matching mirror caps and grill.

There will be a bunch of folks wanting to trade or you can buy a carb Grey grill and sell your gloss black.

Also the fenders are not MIC Carb Grey. They’re matte black like the rest of the trim

Last edited:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well I'll be, I never noticed the black top gets you black grille and Mirrors. Learn something new every day. I'm wondering if Ford remembers this is on their website. Maybe Rockstars forgot to delete, as adding black top doesn't change grille and mirrors to black. Well this is going to make alot of folks very happy and alot of folks very sad.
Personal love the Black top, black grille, black mirror look.

Ford Bronco Black Mod top on BL loses charcoal grey grill Screenshot_20210212-020018_Chrome

Last edited:

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its a mistake. The wording is for WT and it just got carried through. I cant see a BD or a BB getting the Mod top and then adding glossy black mirrors and grilles. We have never even seen a Black BD grille. If thats true then OBX gets its body colored mirrors tossed for black ones? No way. Just look at the brochure and all its mistakes, these guys are clowns.

PartyMarty

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Black Bear, 2009 VW Rabbit
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Its a mistake. The wording is for WT and it just got carried through. I cant see a BD or a BB getting the Mod top and then adding glossy black mirrors and grilles. We have never even seen a Black BD grille. If thats true then OBX gets its body colored mirrors tossed for black ones? No way. Just look at the brochure and all its mistakes, these guys are clowns.
Unfortunately, I think you're right. I would love to have the black painted grille on my blacked out mod top BD, but what you said makes sense. I'll still be happy with the BD black MIC grille and MIC mirrors though, so it's nothing to lose sleep over for me.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, been listed under "i" as having the grill painted and the mirror caps since forever. Not in the order guide one way or the other. The only question I have in to my dealer is if the mod top gets the mirror caps and black painted grill on my Badlands. To my eye, if it doesn't, the added contrast will just make it look even more like Johnny Cash's mythical and musical "One piece at a time" Cadillac. I'll switch the roof back to MIC if it doesn't
Sponsored