Sponsored

Black Painted Modular Hard Top & Dual Top Roof Ford pass points consolation.

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So last year I had a 21 ordered with a black painted modular top. Around March 25th, 2021 I received an email from Ford stating the painted top would not be available until the 22 model year and as a result, we’re offering 200k fordpass points if you change the order to a soft top or MIC AND take delivery in 2021. Further they said you must take delivery in 2021 to qualify since the painted top will be available in 22. NOT, it’s not available until 23. So, my question is what about folks who converted the order in Oct to a 22 model because ford was not able to fulfill the order in 21. Is the 200k points still being offered to those of us who had to switch to a MIC and transition to a 22? I don’t recall seeing any further updates from Ford on this. The way I see it, the 200k points should apply no matter if you took delivery in 21 or 22– the mod top ain’t available either year. Thoughts?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will still get the 200,000 points. Dealer has to redeem the 200,000 points (and the 20,000 points for being a reservation holder) after you take delivery.

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So last year I had a 21 ordered with a black painted modular top. Around March 25th, 2021 I received an email from Ford stating the painted top would not be available until the 22 model year and as a result, we’re offering 200k fordpass points if you change the order to a soft top or MIC AND take delivery in 2021. Further they said you must take delivery in 2021 to qualify since the painted top will be available in 22. NOT, it’s not available until 23. So, my question is what about folks who converted the order in Oct to a 22 model because ford was not able to fulfill the order in 21. Is the 200k points still being offered to those of us who had to switch to a MIC and transition to a 22? I don’t recall seeing any further updates from Ford on this. The way I see it, the 200k points should apply no matter if you took delivery in 21 or 22– the mod top ain’t available either year. Thoughts?
I was just asking my dealership about that very circumstance. WTs were supposed to come standard with a black painted modular top. I was first pushed to a MIC top, then when that wasn't available I had no top choice left since the soft top wasn't available to '21 bronco WTs. Oct of 21 on reorder to a 22my the soft top finally came available for WTs and the dealership told me if I changed to a soft top( since they were still having issues with the MIC tops) I would probably get my bronco quicker....so I did. June 24th 2022 I took divery of my 2022 Wildtrac. Maybe those of us that were denied delivery in 2021should get a group letter together and send it to Ford asking for our 200k pass points.. it would be interesting how many there are of us....just a thought

OP
OP
luvtofish

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will still get the 200,000 points. Dealer has to redeem the 200,000 points (and the 20,000 points for being a reservation holder) after you take delivery.
Not doubting your word but have you experienced this personally? I have nothing from Ford to confirm this. Thanks

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not doubting your word but have you experienced this personally? I have nothing from Ford to confirm this. Thanks
I’m taking delivery in a few weeks and yes- I am getting the 220000 points ( after my vehicle had been scheduled for production I received an email from ford verifying the points..)

Sponsored
OP
OP
luvtofish

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m taking delivery in a few weeks and yes- I am getting the 220000 points ( after my vehicle had been scheduled for production I received an email from ford verifying the points..)
I got an email from Ford as well as I’m taking delivery in the next week or so. It didn’t mention the painted top issue but said I would be getting 220k points for being an early reservation holder. Plus 42k for new vehicle purchase. IMHO, it should also include the 200k for the painted top for a total of 462k points

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got an email from Ford as well as I’m taking delivery in the next week or so. It didn’t mention the painted top issue but said I would be getting 220k points for being an early reservation holder. Plus 42k for new vehicle purchase. IMHO, it should also include the 200k for the painted top for a total of 462k points
462,000 would be awesome!! But nah, it’s 20,000 for early reservation holder and 200,000 for the mod top (or dual top, or First Edition), and 42,000 for the delivery of the vehicle. 262,000 total.

The 20k and 200k should already be added to your FordPass account today… should be sitting there pending redemption. Your dealer can pull up your account if you provide them your email, and see the pending points.

I have a bunch of points expiring soon from a vehicle purchase last summer. I was at my dealer yesterday getting an appraisal on my Focus ahead of my Bronco delivery (hopefully next month). If the appraisal was low on the Focus, I was going to keep it and spend the points on replacing a few worn-out parts. If it was high enough then I would trade-in my Focus and use the points on Bronco accessories.

Ideally I would want to wait until after the Bronco arrived to make the decision, but the points expire August 2nd, and my build week is August 1st. Dealer logged into my account to see if there was any way to extend the points (there wasn’t), but while he was on my account we saw the pending points from my Bronco purchase.

(Appraisal was ~$4500 for the Focus by the way, so I will be keeping it. Effectively pays for itself with the price of gasoline currently.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
luvtofish

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did similar with my King Ranch. I was offered 13k from one dealer (not the one who will be selling me the Bronco). I’m going to push to get 15k which is smack in the middle of the KBB trade-in value. I don’t owe anything on my truck so it will make a great down payment on my Bronco. My dealer will be selling my Bronco at $50 over factory invoice. So I’m getting a great deal.

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I picked up my bronco and got the points last week(pic below). The 42k are automated and show up a few days after purchase. The 200k and 20k show up the instant the proper dealer person with access to the points system grants them to you.
Ford Bronco Black Painted Modular Hard Top & Dual Top Roof Ford pass points consolation. Screenshot_20220707-084807_FordPass

OP
OP
luvtofish

luvtofish

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So how many real $$ is this worth? What are you spending yours on?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just asking my dealership about that very circumstance. WTs were supposed to come standard with a black painted modular top. I was first pushed to a MIC top, then when that wasn't available I had no top choice left since the soft top wasn't available to '21 bronco WTs. Oct of 21 on reorder to a 22my the soft top finally came available for WTs and the dealership told me if I changed to a soft top( since they were still having issues with the MIC tops) I would probably get my bronco quicker....so I did. June 24th 2022 I took divery of my 2022 Wildtrac. Maybe those of us that were denied delivery in 2021should get a group letter together and send it to Ford asking for our 200k pass points.. it would be interesting how many there are of us....just a thought
DM me the email you use for FP and I can see if the points are sitting there waiting. Went through this and was told by FP that the points are put on the account by them if it was eligible per Ford's criteria. The dealer has to go in and click a button to "redeem" them for the customer. The 42,000 show up after the vehicle is sold and modem is activated.
Sponsored