Sponsored

Black Painted Modular Hardtop, too glossy?

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was in traffic today and there was a Wrangler JL next to me. It had the black painted hardtop. It looked too glossy for the rest of the vehicle. Almost out of place. Has anyone else seen this and had the same thought?
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it looks awesome especially compared to the cheap grey plastic
If the mirror caps and fenders were grey that would make it better but there are different shades of blacks and grey all
Over the thing...

just looks faded and worn

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't like the shiny. I like the matted look of a top. And I like the no maintenance of MIC top. I hate the grey, but I don't have to look at it when I'm driving so there's that:ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't like the shiny. I like the matted look of a top. And I like the no maintenance of MIC top. I hate the grey, but I don't have to look at it when I'm driving so there's that:ROFLMAO:
Fair points. I think most people are upset at how light the top is compared to other tops. This grey reminds me of the 2002 Explorer XLS that screamed "cheap!"

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Cactus Grey with Black glossy Hardtop, I'm all in. Heck I'll even take the decals on the hood, just say no to Navy Pier interior, Lol
Ford Bronco Black Painted Modular Hardtop, too glossy? your-60-000-2021-for_800x0w

Last edited:

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fair points. I think most people are upset at how light the top is compared to other tops. This grey reminds me of the 2002 Explorer XLS that screamed "cheap!"
I agree. I hate the top the way it's been shown. I still want a white top. But I don't think I have a say in the matter so if this is the way it is then that's how it is. I dont think it will bother me when I'm shifting gears LOL. it isn't something I WANT.
It WAS something I had to get over. I realized that when I ride motorcycles I never care if it's a beater or a unicorn, just that I'm riding.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. I hate the top the way it's been shown. I still want a white top. But I don't think I have a say in the matter so if this is the way it is then that's how it is. I dont think it will bother me when I'm shifting gears LOL. it isn't something I WANT.
It WAS something I had to get over. I realized that when I ride motorcycles I never care if it's a beater or a unicorn, just that I'm riding.

Yeah, I'm going 2-door and would prefer a soft top, but Henry Ford must've passed down stone tablets that said no.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks perfect to me.

Sponsored

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was in traffic today and there was a Wrangler JL next to me. It had the black painted hardtop. It looked too glossy for the rest of the vehicle. Almost out of place. Has anyone else seen this and had the same thought?
Yes. Very worried about it.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Need white....get's hotter than hell out here in the dez...black just cooks the interior
Thing is, THEY HAVE IT, it's on their Ford website... Now if they'll sell it to us....

BRONCO_4_DOOR_ACC_0078_C3_v1_current.jpeg

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thing is, THEY HAVE IT, it's on their Ford website... Now if they'll sell it to us....
They also have gorgeous interiors on thier website, that we'll never have. Great way to introduce a new vehicle, show preproduction Broncos with options that aren't available. Wonder who the Rocket scientist was who came up with this idea.
Ford Bronco Black Painted Modular Hardtop, too glossy? bronco-2dr-interior-02-1594665859
Sponsored

Last edited: