Sponsored

Black Painted Modular Hardtop, too glossy?

GordoJones

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last edited:

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
They also have gorgeous interiors on thier website, that we'll never have.
My HOPE, is that they are teasers and the longer they stall bnp the longer I have hope.
But as with many things in life we need to accept that which we cannot change. Maybe they will offer something later, or in 2023. Could be something they are holding for a future model, different colors and such. Can't do it all first year. If something does come along that I like better I'll get that and it will feel like I bought a new car.

These are all the things I've had to tell myself just to get over some of these roofs:ROFLMAO:

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in traffic today and there was a Wrangler JL next to me. It had the black painted hardtop. It looked too glossy for the rest of the vehicle. Almost out of place. Has anyone else seen this and had the same thought?
Not my favorite... but it will be ok, if they take a minute to match the Fender Flares to the top and the grill; otherwise, it's a poorly thought out, stupid-ass, bastard of a plan... and a disappointing surprise to those who would spend the extra $$$ to fall into this category of mismatched, painted-ass parts and pieces.

Did I do ok? I was trying to hold my temper while I responded to this post!!!

@EricAtKearnyMesaFord

Last edited:

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They also have gorgeous interiors on thier website, that we'll never have. Great way to introduce a new vehicle, show preproduction Broncos with options that aren't available. Wonder who the Rocket scientist was who came up with this idea.
Ford Bronco Black Painted Modular Hardtop, too glossy? __  ries-concept-outer-banks-fishing-concept-2-jpg-
Unless I am missing something, ford will be absolutely be producing white painted tops. Anyone who orders the white bronco with body matching painted top will get a white top. So they should be able to increase production to offer them, they are making them anyway.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm weird then, i think that looks pretty good. It would look hideous with the MIC grey top.
I don't think the argument is about the Grey. I think we want the matte Black top, grill, door handles, and fender flares (and bumpers), as previously indicated on the Reservation Page. We don't want the cobbled up, mis-matched parts and pieces as they are now indicating!!!

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've heard rumors of this thing called paint . Supposedly it comes in 16 million different shades and colors .
I think I will look into it and give it a try .

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've heard rumors of this thing called paint . Supposedly it comes in 16 million different shades and colors .
I think I will look into it and give it a try .
yeah, but you've still got nubbied-up, injection molded, fender flares and bumpers thay won't paint well.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah, but you've still got nubbied-up, injection molded, fender flares and bumpers thay won't paint well.
I owned a custom accessory and paint shop for 20 years and never had a problem . I'm going to swap those ugly basic flares out anyway as soon as aftermarket comes out with something else .

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Plastic bumper covers, just as "nubbied" up whatever that means, have been being painted by manufacturers and autobody shops for decades.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks fine to me. There will be a plethora of aftermarket items if you really want bumpers or fender flares in different colors.

apa1128

Wildtrak
First Name
April
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can someone explain to me the exact differences in the hard tops? I really wanted a white top with the cactus grey...

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This sucks all around big time
Sponsored