Sponsored

Black Painted top equals priority code 99?

Trevisan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi there,

Converted my reservation of 9/20 to an order today for the wildtrak 4dr with all the fixings.

I didn’t notice at the time, but the dealership order sheet that was printed off has priority code “99” on the top. I was told that my dealer had 44 allocations for MY 21, and that I would be one of the 44.

There was a warning that popped up on his system when going through the options and packages saying that the painted black top was “ late availability” but I said that was fine.
Did the black painted top automatically push the priority code to 99? There was nothing I could see that he did to make it a code 99, unless I missed something.

As a side note, on my Ford online portal, it says “Bronco Badlands, in store order” “ with a date of 2/2/2021, which I had nothing to do with.

This is through Ford Canada.

TIA!
Sponsored

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It could be one of two things or both. Late availability items push it to 99 or that your reservation is after 9/19/20. If it is not a dealer input issue.

I am sure someone else will post because I am not sure that the late availability items were confirmed to cause a 99 code automatically.

Edit: looks like late availability doesn't do an automatic 99 code. So should be due to reservation after 9/19.

Can anyone provide more detailed input on the “priority code” for those who have submitted orders.

I had to have my dealer resubmit my order 3 times and got different codes.

First order had no late availability items = priority code 10

Second order he added the 2.7L Ecoboost = priority code 10

Third order(what I want) OBX, 2.3L, black painted hard top, modular front bumper, high package and other minor things = priority code 10 again.

OP
OP

Trevisan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It could be one of two things or both. Late availability items push it to 99 or that your reservation is after 9/19/20. If it is not a dealer input issue.

I am sure someone else will post because I am not sure that the late availability items were confirmed to cause a 99 code automatically.

Edit: looks like late availability doesn't do an automatic 99 code. So should be due to reservation after 9/19.
Hmm interesting. Reservation date was 9/7/20
Maybe I will follow up with dealer. Thanks!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I ordered the mod top and my priority code is 19.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the mod top and lux with a 19, so that isn't the culprit. The Badlands on the Ford account seems to be some type of default. I'm told it may or may not update on the user interface, but that the right configuration is in and I have the order summary in hand.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not heard of a reservation after that date (or any date) automatically being assigned a 99. (Unless this is a Canada specific thing)

In fact, I have black mod top *and* my reservation is after 9/19 and my priority code is 19.

Trueblue2296

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands, 2022 F250 Tremor 6.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there,

Converted my reservation of 9/20 to an order today for the wildtrak 4dr with all the fixings.

I didn’t notice at the time, but the dealership order sheet that was printed off has priority code “99” on the top. I was told that my dealer had 44 allocations for MY 21, and that I would be one of the 44.

There was a warning that popped up on his system when going through the options and packages saying that the painted black top was “ late availability” but I said that was fine.
Did the black painted top automatically push the priority code to 99? There was nothing I could see that he did to make it a code 99, unless I missed something.

As a side note, on my Ford online portal, it says “Bronco Badlands, in store order” “ with a date of 2/2/2021, which I had nothing to do with.

This is through Ford Canada.

TIA!
You likely made it into the estimated allocations but all the allocations are going to change based on orders and time stamps of the orders placed. You are likely going to be a MY22 based on Res date. I wouldn’t believe anything your dealer tells you. The actual allocations based on orders will be given to dealerships in April. We wont know anything concrete until at least end of April or May.

Stonetree

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I recently had my dealer convert my 7/14 reservation to an order. It's a Wildtrak with the black mod top. We did everything through email. I received a confirmation email from Ford and my order shows In Store Order. The priority code shows 99 on the summary sheet he emailed me. I responded that the priority code can't be 99 because that puts my order on hold. He did respond. So, I made an appointment with him to get it straightened out this week. Hopefully, they don't push back.

Am I correct that it should definitely not be priority 99, otherwise Ford won't schedule the build and send me an estimated delivery date in May?

Should I demand that it be moved to priority 10-19? I would think all the scheduling shouldbe left up to Ford unless I request a delay.

I've also read that they could be shady and switch it to a lower number temporarily and then change it. Is that a thing? I don't get that vibe from my salesman though.

I was told I'm #5 of 29 initial allocations at the dealer.

Last edited:

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm a November reservation with a mod top and I was priority 19. I was also outside their allocation allotment. 🤷‍♀️

Sponsored

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’m pretty sure your reservation date is not what caused your 99 priority code.
I reserved mine on 2/15/21, yes, 2021 and had my order placed on 2/19/21.
My order sheet has a priority code 19 and MY21.

Packman

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ford Mustang Pace Car
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Me: “I never received my confirmation email from Ford. I was advised to make sure my dealer doesn’t have it as a 99 priority code, as has happened to some others and why they didn’t get their confirmation email. Would you mind double-checking that? If the code priority code is correct, do you know why I’ve never received the email?”

Dealer: “So yes, your order is coming out as a priority 99. The reason it is stating that is because of the type of roof you chose. That particular roof is showing as late availability. The other orders we have converted are showing as priority 19.. Let me know what you want me to do and I can get the answers for you.“

Me: “My understanding is priority 99 is a “do not build” code and is being used for reservation holders who want a model year 22. Mine should be a priority code between 10 and 19, even with the late availability mod top. Is this something the dealership can fix for me?”

Dealer: “We do not control the priority. When we convert the order, make changes, and then submit, it crosses over to a priority 19. When we hit submit on your order it gives us an error because of the fact the shadow black painted roof was selected. And that makes it a late availability. If I chose the regular roof it would probably switch over to a priority 19. If you have any info that we may not know about let me know. Will be glad to help. We were told Ford will not be doing Shadow Black painted roofs for 2021.”

Any advice on how to tackle this? My order is a FE with mod black roof.

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My reservation was on 2/22 and my priority was coded 10. I think it depends on the dealer and how they enter it.

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I recently had my dealer convert my 7/14 reservation to an order. It's a Wildtrak with the black mod top. We did everything through email. I received a confirmation email from Ford and my order shows In Store Order. The priority code shows 99 on the summary sheet he emailed me. I responded that the priority code can't be 99 because that puts my order on hold. He did respond. So, I made an appointment with him to get it straightened out this week. Hopefully, they don't push back.

Am I correct that it should definitely not be priority 99, otherwise Ford won't schedule the build and send me an estimated delivery date in May?

Should I demand that it be moved to priority 10-19? I would think all the scheduling shouldbe left up to Ford unless I request a delay.

I've also read that they could be shady and switch it to a lower number temporarily and then change it. Is that a thing? I don't get that vibe from my salesman though.

I was told I'm #5 of 29 initial allocations at the dealer.
My understanding
Me: “I never received my confirmation email from Ford. I was advised to make sure my dealer doesn’t have it as a 99 priority code, as has happened to some others and why they didn’t get their confirmation email. Would you mind double-checking that? If the code priority code is correct, do you know why I’ve never received the email?”

Dealer: “So yes, your order is coming out as a priority 99. The reason it is stating that is because of the type of roof you chose. That particular roof is showing as late availability. The other orders we have converted are showing as priority 19.. Let me know what you want me to do and I can get the answers for you.“

Me: “My understanding is priority 99 is a “do not build” code and is being used for reservation holders who want a model year 22. Mine should be a priority code between 10 and 19, even with the late availability mod top. Is this something the dealership can fix for me?”

Dealer: “We do not control the priority. When we convert the order, make changes, and then submit, it crosses over to a priority 19. When we hit submit on your order it gives us an error because of the fact the shadow black painted roof was selected. And that makes it a late availability. If I chose the regular roof it would probably switch over to a priority 19. If you have any info that we may not know about let me know. Will be glad to help. We were told Ford will not be doing Shadow Black painted roofs for 2021.”

Any advice on how to tackle this? My order is a FE with mod black roof.
I have the same setup as you do with the black leather interior and my priority # was 10. I believe you are correct that a P code 99 is a do not build in MY21. I would be on the phone to everyone!!

LeshMcG

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer said that they inputted the priority codes. They were putting all orders in as a priority 19, even if we were outside of their allocation numbers. They said that Ford would then come back and let them know what orders are going through as MY21. My dealer reminded me that my roof was late availability, but my order was still put in as a code 19.

It seems that some dealers don't know how to properly put in orders? I have no idea how you are supposed to get it corrected, but based on my order and my others you should go in as a code 19...unless something has changed in the ordering system the last few weeks. My order went in on February 12.
Sponsored