First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I knew I wanted a black Bronco emblem the minute I saw one in a photo, but the Badlands trim comes with chrome. It was just about the only chrome on the whole vehicle (short of within the Ford emblem) and I wasn't a fan.

Watched a few YouTube videos and learned it's super easy and low-risk as it just peels off if you don't like it. I'm pretty thrilled with how it turned out, and I can attest to how easy it was. I have no experience doing anything like this before, so there is zero reason you can't Plasti Dip (or Hyper Dip, or any number of competitive products) your emblem in any color.

End Result:
Ford Bronco Black Plasti-Dip on rear Bronco emblem IMG_7749

One before, and a few from the process:

Ford Bronco Black Plasti-Dip on rear Bronco emblem IMG_7711

Ford Bronco Black Plasti-Dip on rear Bronco emblem IMG_7730

Ford Bronco Black Plasti-Dip on rear Bronco emblem IMG_7741
Ford Bronco Black Plasti-Dip on rear Bronco emblem IMG_7746
Ford Bronco Black Plasti-Dip on rear Bronco emblem IMG_7748
Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice spray job, well done.

Good ol’ Plasti-dip - is. there anything it can‘t do?

😉

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I knew I wanted a black Bronco emblem the minute I saw one in a photo, but the Badlands trim comes with chrome. It was just about the only chrome on the whole vehicle (short of within the Ford emblem) and I wasn't a fan.

Watched a few YouTube videos and learned it's super easy and low-risk as it just peels off if you don't like it. I'm pretty thrilled with how it turned out, and I can attest to how easy it was. I have no experience doing anything like this before, so there is zero reason you can't Plasti Dip (or Hyper Dip, or any number of competitive products) your emblem in any color.

End Result:

One before, and a few from the process:

Thank you for this post!

Sponsored
OP
OP
bwomp91

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's great to hear because I'll be doing the same. Thank you for the feedback. Is there a type of plastidip I should get over some other kind or is it all the same?
I used the Plasti Dip brand, but there are plenty of videos comparing competitive products. All seem to be the same concept.

OP
OP
bwomp91

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you have to run a blade around the outline to peel off the overspray?
Nope! Plasti Dip is pretty incredible, it peels itself right off, but isn't sprayed on thick enough to cover the gap between body paint and emblem so there's a natural break there. I used a wooden toothpick in some of the tighter spaces to help separate it from the paint, but didn't have any issues with the overspray peel-off damaging the emblem coating. Shocked at how great and simple it was.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

my recommendation is not to do large pieces or multiple things around the car, it'll start looking cheap. my brother did various parts on his Ram that were chrome. it started looking off and cheap. over time it started going greyish and it looks very beat up.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well done. I got a bit of a chuckle at the excessive paper/plastic to protect the vehicle - I did the same thing the first time I Plasti-dipped something on a vehicle. Now I just tape off a small area and that's all.

Turned out really well. And honestly, the back is a low-risk for rock chips and stuff peppering it, so it should last quite a while. I did the Chevy bowtie on my Silverado (front and back) and it lasted a long time (I actually sold the truck before I had to re-do either of them). Looking forward to doing this to my Bronco, whenever it arrives.

OP
OP
bwomp91

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well done. I got a bit of a chuckle at the excessive paper/plastic to protect the vehicle - I did the same thing the first time I Plasti-dipped something on a vehicle. Now I just tape off a small area and that's all.

Turned out really well. And honestly, the back is a low-risk for rock chips and stuff peppering it, so it should last quite a while. I did the Chevy bowtie on my Silverado (front and back) and it lasted a long time (I actually sold the truck before I had to re-do either of them). Looking forward to doing this to my Bronco, whenever it arrives.
Haha hey, I just picked this thing up 2 days ago after a 15 month wait - you bet your ass I was over-protecting it!!!

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha hey, I just picked this thing up 2 days ago after a 15 month wait - you bet your ass I was over-protecting it!!!
I get it! haha. I like how you even took the spare tire off. Thankfully you didn't fully remove the rear cargo door :ROFLMAO: