Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im told if the coats are thin wd 40 helps with removal.
Sponsored

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do people actually like chrome accents still in 2021? Always perplexes me to see so much of it on certain cars. One of the first thing I do with any vehicle is black out with plastidip any chrome accents around the grill or trim. That Bronco logo (or anything else for that matter usually in chrome) looks better black.

FifthCard

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I knew I wanted a black Bronco emblem the minute I saw one in a photo, but the Badlands trim comes with chrome. It was just about the only chrome on the whole vehicle (short of within the Ford emblem) and I wasn't a fan.

Watched a few YouTube videos and learned it's super easy and low-risk as it just peels off if you don't like it. I'm pretty thrilled with how it turned out, and I can attest to how easy it was. I have no experience doing anything like this before, so there is zero reason you can't Plasti Dip (or Hyper Dip, or any number of competitive products) your emblem in any color.

End Result:
IMG_7749.jpg

One before, and a few from the process:

IMG_7711.jpg

IMG_7730.jpg

IMG_7741.jpg
IMG_7746.jpg
IMG_7748.jpg
If I ever get my bronco I believe this will be the first thing I do to it.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Now everyone will be plastidipping everything!!
They aren't already? LOL

I did this to my Mustang GT wheels a while back because I was getting weird white flecks in them.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want other colors or patterns I have bought some pieces from this guy for my Mustang. I got a red carbon fiber GT emblem from him and he does good work. You can ship the parts to him he dips and ships them back. This is very permanent though unlike the Plasti-Dip

https://www.hydrodun.com/

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Webbie44

The Bronco script is sold by a member here. It sticks by 3m adhesive that's on the back. They were $90 shipped. The bucking Bronco came from James Tidwell Ford in Georgia. It was like $60 shipped. The part was $42 and they reemed my ass $18 shipping.
So did you order online from Jim Tidwell or go in?

The part number doesn't appear as available on their site

Ford Bronco Black Plasti-Dip on rear Bronco emblem Screenshot_20210916-105156

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with HyperDip. A bit thinner of a paint so you're able to get a gloss finish. Went with Piano Black from DipYourCar kits. Came out much better then I was expecting
Ford Bronco Black Plasti-Dip on rear Bronco emblem IMG_1172

Ford Bronco Black Plasti-Dip on rear Bronco emblem IMG_1175

OP
OP
bwomp91

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with HyperDip. A bit thinner of a paint so you're able to get a gloss finish. Went with Piano Black from DipYourCar kits. Came out much better then I was expecting

Looks awesome! I went back and forth on gloss vs matte. Decided not to throw the glossifier on it.

There’s more than enough matte plastic on the vehicle but also plenty of shine between the paint and wheels that I think it’s impossible to go wrong and boils down to personal preference. Looks great.

smaxey

Big Bend
First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone tried this on the front grille? Any idea if that would work out? I got the vinyl stickers for the front and they dont look good in my opinion, I'm also not a fan of the white letters. 🤷‍♀️

Sponsored
OP
OP
bwomp91

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone tried this on the front grille? Any idea if that would work out? I got the vinyl stickers for the front and they dont look good in my opinion, I'm also not a fan of the white letters. 🤷‍♀️
I’m not sure this would be the best solution for the grill. Any rock chip, ding, or scratch would mean the whole coating would have to be peeled off and done again. There’s no way to spot-touch-up something like Plasti-Dip (as far as I know) since it’s essentially one continuous rubber coating.

Low risk to cover a small badge on the back of the vehicle. High risk to cover the whole front grill haha.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This is what you need. Painting them is not much more effort than plasti-dip for the grill letters

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

This is what you need. Painting them is not much more effort than plasti-dip for the grill letters
Just what it needed. This guy made it look easier than the guy that melted the letters back on.

Arcnsparks

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKRU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've planned on dipping my flares and MIC top just to see how it looks before committing to something as permanent as paint... the key to easy removal is having enough coats. And like paint/powdercoat it can be done well, or poorly 😂

anyone who is unfamiliar with it check out dipyourcar to see what it can do.
This! Enough coats is key and if doing larger items, using the proper spraying equipment. I'm one of the crazy people that does whole cars. I'm a fan of the DYC line and will be doing my Badlands within the first couple weeks of ownership. IMO, the spray is way nicer to work with than vinyl wrap but I also paint cars on the side as a hobby, so am definitely biased. The technology in pealable coatings has exploded in the last 10 years. If anyone's interested check out AutoFlex coatings as well. I've done jobs with their stuff that has full solvent resistance and you cut and buff just like a regular paint job.

Here's my 2015 JK in a few colors I've had it in over the last few years. Definitely not the "whole car with a rattle can" horror stories everyone always thinks of.

Zombie Flip - Green/black color flip

Ford Bronco Black Plasti-Dip on rear Bronco emblem 20171231_171101

Ford Bronco Black Plasti-Dip on rear Bronco emblem 20171231_170849

Tangerine w/ gold pearl in the clear top coat (my version of CO 😁) - had just pulled it out of the paint booth so still had the rear fenders removed.
Ford Bronco Black Plasti-Dip on rear Bronco emblem 20190315_113429~2

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This! Enough coats is key and if doing larger items, using the proper spraying equipment. I'm one of the crazy people that does whole cars. I'm a fan of the DYC line and will be doing my Badlands within the first couple weeks of ownership. IMO, the spray is way nicer to work with than vinyl wrap but I also paint cars on the side as a hobby, so am definitely biased. The technology in pealable coatings has exploded in the last 10 years. If anyone's interested check out AutoFlex coatings as well. I've done jobs with their stuff that has full solvent resistance and you cut and buff just like a regular paint job.

Here's my 2015 JK in a few colors I've had it in over the last few years. Definitely not the "whole car with a rattle can" horror stories everyone always thinks of.

Zombie Flip - Green/black color flip

Tangerine w/ gold pearl in the clear top coat (my version of CO 😁) - had just pulled it out of the paint booth so still had the rear fenders removed.
Do you think it would stick to the MIC?
Sponsored