First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else having difficulty getting their APIM module replaced? My nav screen & radio died 2/25, dealership wasn’t able to repair due to not being able to get the parts. Vehicle brought home on 2/17, so I only had it 18 days before it died and I have been without radio, navigation and the ability to see where I’m changing the airflow to, etc since that time. I have a customer service ticket in now but all I’m being told is “no update.” To say I’m beyond frustrated is an understatement and wondering if anyone else is having this issue. 😡 Especially frustrating after my delivery window was changed 3 times after the vehicle was built…
Sponsored

J.W.

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I just had this fail on my '21 Tuesday. I've had it since mid-December. Same results from the dealer, can't pin down when the part will come in to repair it.

OP
OP
Kim_Rn

Kim_Rn

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I just had this fail on my '21 Tuesday. I've had it since mid-December. Same results from the dealer, can't pin down when the part will come in to repair it.
Hopefully you have better luck than I have had.

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure if it matters, but what size screen do you both have that your having this problem with?

J.W.

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Tnjrb

Outer Banks
First Name
Jedidiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Anyone else having difficulty getting their APIM module replaced? My nav screen & radio died 2/25, dealership wasn’t able to repair due to not being able to get the parts. Vehicle brought home on 2/17, so I only had it 18 days before it died and I have been without radio, navigation and the ability to see where I’m changing the airflow to, etc since that time. I have a customer service ticket in now but all I’m being told is “no update.” To say I’m beyond frustrated is an understatement and wondering if anyone else is having this issue. 😡 Especially frustrating after my delivery window was changed 3 times after the vehicle was built…
I just got mine back from dealer with same issue and no end in sight...any luck on yalls end?

ZokarRa

First Edition
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My 12" screen in my FE went black at the beginning of May, less than 3k miles and got it in April. Finally had my service appointment last week and they confirmed I need a new APIM. They too told me it is on backorder with no ETA. I say take them out of the ones sitting for chips and get us back in business.

Golfmom

Black Diamond
First Name
Carrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carpooling Platinum Escalade ESV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same thing happened to me. Mine’s the smaller screen. This sucks! My local dealership doesn’t even have service appointments until the end of July. Wtf?!?

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just got a Maverick which doesn't offer Nav, found a APIM on eBay with Nav, swapped it out, works great. I guess as a last resort you could try eBay 😁 Or perhaps Ford should try eBay.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 12” SYNC 4 screen failed a week and a half ago. Finally got a service appointment at my dealer today, and diagnostics confirmed that my APIM is also dead.

The service write-up says the following:

“3050 Verified customer concern. Checked for DTC’s and found U0253 in multiple modules. Found SSM 50148. Checked connector and connector was seated properly. No issues with connector found. APIM failed network communication. Conducted PPT J. PPT J resulting in replacement of APIM.”

No ETA at present. The module is back-ordered nationally, but direct-shipped from the vendor, so there is no inventory tracking within the Ford system. It could take anywhere from days to months for delivery.

My service advisor said he would let me know when it comes in, so we can schedule an appointment for the installation.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ZokarRa

First Edition
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Do you guys got your new APIM ?
Nope. Almost LOL I got a call saying the APIM was in and I took her in on the 18th. About half way through the day I get a "sorry" text. Apparently they were shipped the wrong part. They got a screen instead of the APIM. So they put her back together and I picked her up with a black screen again. Since the service advisor was already gone for the day I couldn't get any further info. The gal said your part should be in the middle of next week because "it's readily available." I about fell over. I said what???? We've been waiting all these months for a backordered part, that was the wrong part ordered in the first place. She said I'll have someone call you in the morning. That was last Friday. Still no word this week so I called the service dept. yesterday afternoon. After 20 minutes on the phone, I still didn't have any more info and that someone would call me in the morning. So I'm waiting. I'm trying not to get pissed off any further but I've been without a screen since May 7th. I got her April 7th. Not much time to enjoy all the cool features. @Ford Motor Company seriously needs to get their SH*! together.

Update 8/30 - Dealer said they had to get a code from the scan read and give it to Ford. They were expecting the new APIM in a couple of days. I really can't believe them at this point. And I even got a Ford case number back in May/June for expedited attention. That hasn't helped.

Last edited:

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Add me to the list.....I already posted elsewhere about this, same issue. I have a Nov 21 built FE and my Nav/Radio is blacked/bricked out. My best guess was from an over the air update but after reading through, maybe its just a shitty processor. I've been waiting since early July for new parts.
Sponsored