First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrek 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I seem to be getting black specs on my doors and cannot figure what they are. I live in the Midwest with the winter conditions. I think it is something coming up off the roads. I have not found a product that removes them other than Polishing Compound. I did it once and then waxed the doors and now the specs are back again. Does anyone know a product to remove these specs? I tried Turtle Wax Bug and Tar remover and it does not work on theee things. I am afraid to use the Polishing Compound again.

Please help me iwht a produc or knowledge of what this is. Thanks so much.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Pjblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrek 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well I just came back from the dealer and they tried buffing the entire vehicle and could not get whatever it is off. I have to take it in again tomorrow so someone else can look at it. I am just wondering if there is something going on with the color of the paint? I see they do not offer it in the Cyber Yellow for 2023. Wow, I cannot believe this is happening. Less than 600 miles and two months old.

BeachTiger

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pictures would help. You said you were able to polish it off the first time. That would suggest it's a surface contaminant of some kind. Were you able to feel the specks with your finger or fingernail? Could it be little flecks of tar? If so, I use Goof Off all the time for just that.

Ford Bronco Black Specs On Paint 2022 Cyber Orange 1675117841968

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Take it to a professional detailer to get it “diagnosed” with a recommended solution. Pay for the first correction. Do it yourself if it keeps happening. I would not let a dealer touch it.

Sponsored

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree with taking to a reputable detail shop. They see that kind of stuff. Please let us know how it goes.

Eric L.

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SQ5, 65 Mustang, 67 Coronet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can polish it off it is a bonded surface contaminate. This is a perfect job for a clay bar. It will not alter the paint surface like a polish will. In some cases the clay bar will work better than the polish, especially fine grits. The mitts are a little more beginner friendly than a real clay but less effective. Use lots of soapy water in a spray bottle. If the bar leaves a smudge on the paint you are not using enough water/lubricant.

OP
OP

Pjblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrek 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Take it to a professional detailer to get it “diagnosed” with a recommended solution. Pay for the first correction. Do it yourself if it keeps happening. I would not let a dealer touch it.
Thanks everyone for your comments and recommendations. This morning the dealer is having a detailer look at it as they tried removing it with several different compounds, hand rubbed, and a small buffer. The first time I was able to remove it with Turtle Wax Polishing compound but now it is spread. This color has gold metal flakes in it and I am wondering if the flake is contaminated under the clear coat? I know I am not letting them strip the clear coat to find out. As much as I like the Bronco, I will tell them they can take it back if it comes to anything like cutting through the clear coat.

Thanks again and we shall see what this detailer indicates.

OP
OP

Pjblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrek 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you can polish it off it is a bonded surface contaminate. This is a perfect job for a clay bar. It will not alter the paint surface like a polish will. In some cases the clay bar will work better than the polish, especially fine grits. The mitts are a little more beginner friendly than a real clay but less effective. Use lots of soapy water in a spray bottle. If the bar leaves a smudge on the paint you are not using enough water/lubricant.
Thanks, I just wonder if this Cyber Orange color has been a problem since Ford is not offering it in the '23 model?

OP
OP

Pjblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrek 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree with taking to a reputable detail shop. They see that kind of stuff. Please let us know how it goes.
Thank you. I just got it back and they got it off. No one still knows what it was. Assuming something off the road, like Brine. I immediately have taken ithe Bronco to get ceramic coated. I sure hope the ceramic coat keeps me from getting it again.

By the way what does your shop recommend? Is there a specific product they. use?

Sponsored

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can confirm that I do not have random black specs on my Cyber Orange bronco. And if you want me to take a picture to prove that TO DAMN BAD

joeb

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you. I just got it back and they got it off. No one still knows what it was. Assuming something off the road, like Brine. I immediately have taken ithe Bronco to get ceramic coated. I sure hope the ceramic coat keeps me from getting it again.

By the way what does your shop recommend? Is there a specific product they. use?

I don't regularly use a detail shop. But I do know some professional auto detailing guys that have worked wonders on friends cars when others were stumped.

I wonder if you got something on it by driving the same route --- any new roads on your area or newly resurfaced roads. Maybe Tar or some type of oil/grease ?

Good to know it was taken care of tho.

Enjoy

OP
OP

Pjblues

Wildtrak
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrek 2023
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't regularly use a detail shop. But I do know some professional auto detailing guys that have worked wonders on friends cars when others were stumped.

I wonder if you got something on it by driving the same route --- any new roads on your area or newly resurfaced roads. Maybe Tar or some type of oil/grease ?

Good to know it was taken care of tho.

Enjoy
One of my friends told me today that the county mixes in Beet Juice as part of the Brine for the road. He thinks that is why is sticks to cars and is hard to come off.
Sponsored