Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seriously. Looks like a beater TJ top that’s been baking in the sun for 20 years.
Well just think 20 years from now when it’s white, it’ll be exactly what you wanted

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Are we 100% certain that the radar module is integrated into the tail light?

Some of the recent assembly pics appear to show a square, black plastic module below each tail light, covered by a plastic quarter panel. It looks to me like the radar module is not integrated into the tail light.
We're as 100% certain as we are that B&P will be available by September.

That being said, Ranger taillights are larger and could fully integrate BLIS within it. However, all the sensors must be in the tail light itself and not behind metal panels.

At this point it's an unknown exactly how they will integrate it. From that standpoint it's easiest to operate from a data point that we do know. Which is that for Ranger the BLIS and non-BLIS taillights are not interchangeable without substantial cost/effort/time.

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe I’m not looking at this correctly but the bronco will be built on the Ford Ranger frame. It has a very sad towing capability on spending the money for the tow hitch from the factory. I looked up a Ranger tow hitch from aftermarket and found one that would allow a significant change in the capabilities. Are the tow rating’s going to be based on what Broncos hitch will offer or will it be the frame strength that will create a problem?
5BA9D730-23CC-4A32-B2D0-6BDC5FB75C9D.png
This has been discussed quite a bit on the towing forums. From what I remember reading it’s not just related to what the frame can handle, it’s what the system can handle. On the Ranger you’re dealing with rear leaf springs and a solid axle which rides bouncy but can handle heavy weights while still tracking straight. On the Bronco you have rear coil springs and a solid axle with no sway bar. This is probably done to give the Bronco the total vehicle articulation they wanted. Because of this setup a trailer won’t be as stable as it would behind a Ranger. Compromises.

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well just think 20 years from now when it’s white, it’ll be exactly what you wanted
Are you sure it’s not a white top that looks dirty grey because of crappy factory lighting?

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love the steelies- I really do but if I order the BD I think I’m squatching it..

if I go BL I will do the upgraded33s with wheels
Yeah. I'll probably do some fifteen52's like on the cactus gray concept rig. Not sure what size. would probably prefer 33"s but may have to do 35"s if 33 looks funny

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe I’m not looking at this correctly but the bronco will be built on the Ford Ranger frame. It has a very sad towing capability on spending the money for the tow hitch from the factory. I looked up a Ranger tow hitch from aftermarket and found one that would allow a significant change in the capabilities. Are the tow rating’s going to be based on what Broncos hitch will offer or will it be the frame strength that will create a problem?
5BA9D730-23CC-4A32-B2D0-6BDC5FB75C9D.png
The hitch doesn't magically increase towing capacity. The towing capacity for any combination is whatever has the lowest capacity.

I have a Class III hitch on my Escape. Good for 5000lbs I think. The Escape is good for 1500lbs. I didn't get 3500lbs extra by bolting on a hitch.

BasBronc80

Wildtrak
First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My god that gray top is just so bad. It should be called "sun-faded black"

OB1

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Speaking of wheels. Will you be able to purchase the -17” Black High Gloss-Painted Forged Aluminum with Warm Alloy Beauty Ring, Beadlock Capable Wheels with out buying the sasquatch pkg?

Sponsored

Jmgunn0124

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I like steel wheels, they are very durable and also leak air alot less at low PSI. My only gripe is that they went to 17s which just looks sad to me. maybe they would be fine with 40s or something but 16s is my maximum wheel size for give 2 craps about them at all. I will likely be selling my wheels and buying some nice 16 steel wagons or maybe alloy outlaws.

As far as this top is concerned. That is a white top. If yall think its gray what color are those hinges? Black? I think this was a sneak reveal. Show em some steel wheels, that they will all yawn at, and they wont even realize we gave up a white top!
If that’s white they missed a few coats.

Jmgunn0124

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Observation points of the photo:

• As we all know (or at least about three of us know), the final color of the material used to make the roof is not in use. These cars are fitted with pre-production roofs from their supplier. They are making final fitment changes to the mold and will use the properly pigmented materials once the molds are working as needed.
    • The black plastic used for the window hinge caps will be the production color.
  • It appears that the steel rear bumper will have a plastic cap over the top of it and just be steel below. Not a bad cost savings, and allows for more decorative finishing on top.
  • the back-up sensors are as well-protected as could be hoped for considering where they need to be to function properly.
  • Nice integration of the 4/7 pin trailer plug. The only spot which would have been better would be next to the license plate (such as on the full sized trucks & Ranger), but would then make that area look silly
  • I had not noticed a button on the rear door pull before, so that seems new to me. Possibly because this unit doesn't have the Mid package?
  • rear tail lamps look good even without LED. Much less "busy" appearance that will age better than the non-stop march of "lets put silly patterns in our lights!" that's been going on since Audi started the trend.
  • Rear visibility is going to be piss-poor out of this rig.
    • Rear window wiper is tiny and only covers the center.
    • Spare wheel blocks most of center view until you get out a 1/4 mile from the rig.
    • view to the sides of where the wiper covers will be minimal.
you give me hope

P.C

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Silverado, 1952 Chev 3100, 2016 Honda Fit
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We're as 100% certain as we are that B&P will be available by September.

That being said, Ranger taillights are larger and could fully integrate BLIS within it. However, all the sensors must be in the tail light itself and not behind metal panels.

At this point it's an unknown exactly how they will integrate it. From that standpoint it's easiest to operate from a data point that we do know. Which is that for Ranger the BLIS and non-BLIS taillights are not interchangeable without substantial cost/effort/time.
If BLIS sensors are in taillights they will be in both types as BLIS is part of mid package available on Big Bend and Black Diamond with the non signature style.
Sponsored