Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There are a ton of great looking lifted Black Diamonds out there running stock steelies on their rigs. One in particular I saw a picture of is @mtap. Does anyone know if you can run stock BD steelies on SAS or is there an issue with the offset?

Thanks
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can run the steelies but I believe the offset is not correct for the squatch tires, potential for rubbing...not sure if this has been confirmed.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know they sell all kinds of steelies... and they're cheap.

I'm sure you could even find ones with center caps and put a bronco sticker on it.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You know they sell all kinds of steelies... and they're cheap.

I'm sure you could even find ones with center caps and put a bronco sticker on it.
Yeah....At this point, I am so far away from getting a Bronco, I'm certainly not worried about it....Just wondering as I see more and more lifter or leveled Black Diamonds with Steelies. I'm surprised Ford didn't try to carry over the Steely wheels for a SAS'd Black Diamond....Of course that means more parts to keep on hand, so I already know the answer, but it looks great.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah....At this point, I am so far away from getting a Bronco, I'm certainly not worried about it....Just wondering as I see more and more lifter or leveled Black Diamonds with Steelies. I'm surprised Ford didn't try to carry over the Steely wheels for a SAS'd Black Diamond....Of course that means more parts to keep on hand, so I already know the answer, but it looks great.
I would have liked to see them do that AND offer some weld-in bead stiffeners as accessories. The bead-lock compatible wheels are very rarely going to be converted over because 99.9% of Broncos are going to be daily drivers as well. A steelie with a rim stiffener you can do quite a bit of rock crawling and protect your bead and valve stem and you don't have to worry about messing up your pretty wheels. Just slap on some new spray-paint and go on.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iā€™m planning on SAS Bilstein with either KO2 34x10.5 or AT3 35x11.5. Not a big fan of the super wide 12.5. This way Iā€™ll have the lift, better suspension and tires that fit the well for $2500 and I get to keep the steelies which is one of my favorite parts about the Black Diamond trim.

OP
OP
Little Foot

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™m planning on SAS Bilstein with either KO2 34x10.5 or AT3 35x11.5. Not a big fan of the super wide 12.5. This way Iā€™ll have the lift, better suspension and tires that fit the well for $2500 and I get to keep the steelies which is one of my favorite parts about the Black Diamond trim.
Post pics before and after. It should look bada$$.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was wondering about this the other day. I like the steelies and the BD. I was wondering if take off SAS Bilsteins would be an option for BD owners to upgrade and have the ability to go with a larger tire down the road with less worry. Thanks for posting and reinforcing this thought I had. I've been thinking about how to keep the steelies if I go with BD.

I've thought of going SAS and then just finding the steelies I want for that look, but then I get all the SAS benefits too. More than 1 way to skin a cat, but I find myself just wanting all the capability that comes with SAS, so I at least have it.

Either way, it comes down to what I want to spend. I've thought BaseSAS and replacing the wheels might be my sweet spot, but then I don't get the interior I've been drawn to either. Pros/Cons of both models. I'm not closer to a decision. LOL

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I drove a 2 door BaseSquach at OffRodeo this weekend, and itā€™s a very capable rig. No passenger grab handle though, so be warned about that. I want the washout interior, but donā€™t like the orange Badlands trim.

Seriously considering adding SAS to my Black Diamond order, but I also really like the steelies. Theyā€™re only 7.5ā€ wide though, so it would require a narrower tire. After all the rock tossing complaints about the SAS tires, might not be a bad idea. Hereā€™s another option from 4Wheel Parts:

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/pro-c...ler-steel-wheels/9312?Construction_PQMS=Steel

Interested to see what others do with this idea. A Black Diamond with Sasquatch and black steelies would be my ideal!

TRDFurgesson

Wildtrak
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 2dr WT Lux, '22 Mach 1 HP, '92 Toyota 4x4 P/U
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would love something like I have on my 92 Toyota P/U not looking to push them out just slap 37ā€™s on ā€˜em for the Summaā€¦.

A3B82E32-14D8-4765-988E-2F637DCE4A69.jpeg

01F63D4B-18E2-4022-95F7-65AF58CC62E6.jpeg
Sponsored