First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh, also thought I would mention at 6120 miles this was the first time I got any sort of Oil Life/Ford Pass App notification - which happened at about 15%. Oil was changed at 12-13% remaining. So, the computer is smarter than we think.
Sponsored

Brettlil17

Outer Banks
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I understand the results of the test, but what’s the value of doing it on a new engine? If there is high levels of anything I doubt the service Dept will replace the motor until it breaks. I’ve been a gear head my entire life. I’ve had engines blow etc.. but if there is an internal issue, it will wear out and break. If you know what to listen for or see, it shouldn’t be surprise when it lets go. If my car had 150k miles and has a bad oil report, I’m not tearing it down to fix the problem, just squeeze all the miles out of it until it breaks. Rebuild/replace when needed.

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I understand the results of the test, but what’s the value of doing it on a new engine? If there is high levels of anything I doubt the service Dept will replace the motor until it breaks. I’ve been a gear head my entire life. I’ve had engines blow etc.. but if there is an internal issue, it will wear out and break. If you know what to listen for or see, it shouldn’t be surprise when it lets go. If my car had 150k miles and has a bad oil report, I’m not tearing it down to fix the problem, just squeeze all the miles out of it until it breaks. Rebuild/replace when needed.
I likely won’t do many more of these. I just wanted a baseline while working through some modifications and get some fluid/filter feedback since I don’t use Motorcraft. I like the idea of knowing what it “should” look like and if 7500 mile intervals vs 5000 made much of a difference.

Daemione

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 2-door 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Figured I'd share my reports here instead of starting a new thread. 2.3, manual. First change after 3,887 miles, then after 9,093, and then again after another 11,056. Third change was roughly 1,000 miles "overdue" according to the computer, I was on my way home from a long road trip. Using AMSoil XL 5w30 for the 2 changes after factory fill.

Anyone still insisting that 3k mile intervals are necessary (or beneficial) is crazy. :)

Bronco-3changes.jpg
Sponsored

Reactions: Fly