Sponsored

Blck Diamond Sas or Badland non sas? Ordering tomorrow.

Jakob1972

Everglades
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Fummins F250, 2008 Chevy Cobalt
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

My original order was a No-squatch Badlands high pkg and 7-speed. I switched to the Everglades which is a Black Diamond Sasquatch with mid pkg and 12" screen. I miss rowing my own gears and I don't have the swaybar disco but I love My Bronco. But I still think the Best bang for your buck is a no-squatch Black Diamond. the rear locker is enough for most people.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
not really a point in getting Badlands if you're sticking with mid package unless you like the headlights and stabar disco. I would take a BD with Sas and not look back all day long.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Built similar w mid package and 2.3 auto. Same price ($52k ish). Black diamond is a Sasquatch and the badland is not. Advice is appreciated. Ordering tomorrow. Thx in advance.
sas if you have the money

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The OP said in the first post he's getting the auto, not the Chinese trany.

OP
OP

Hunter05

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
not really a point in getting Badlands if you're sticking with mid package unless you like the headlights and stabar disco. I would take a BD with Sas and not look back all day long.
That’s exactly what I asked my salesman to do. Black Diamond with sas. We will see what the order banks think about it. Hoping the 2.3 auto and sas are good for the road trips and the wheeling. Thanks again to everyone for the replies. Sounds like first mod on it will be some kind of rock guards for the Goodyears lol!

Dirtrider

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am a month into my BD 2.7 SAS. Going to the Off Rodeo this weekend reaffirmed my choice to load out a BD SAS. I don’t ever see myself doing serious enough crawling that the sway bar disco would be needed but having the 35s with both front and rear lockers is it. I have no BL envy.
For what it is worth. I did the Texas Off Rodeo 3 weeks ago in the BL Non-SAS since it was the closest to my Non-SAS BD. The BL Non-SAS did everything the SAS Broncos did (I did have the Sta-bar disconnected throughout) with absolutely no issues. I never used the front locker on any of the obstacles which some of the SAS equipped Broncos did. The Off-Rodeo was a blast and as probably tougher off roading than I'll ever do. ;)

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There are still dealers with allocations and yes banks are still open, the hype they would only stay open a short time was just that, hype.
I have talked to at least a dozen dealers over the last few weeks (Socal and East Coast) and every last one said the order banks are closed. They offered to put me on a list of interested customers.

OP
OP

Hunter05

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For what it is worth. I did the Texas Off Rodeo 3 weeks ago in the BL Non-SAS since it was the closest to my Non-SAS BD. The BL Non-SAS did everything the SAS Broncos did (I did have the Sta-bar disconnected throughout) with absolutely no issues. I never used the front locker on any of the obstacles which some of the SAS equipped Broncos did. The Off-Rodeo was a blast and as probably tougher off roading than I'll ever do. ;)
Great to hear it. I really think it’s a coin toss between the two. Both are the same price. I’m maybe just justifying the sas BD because I’m getting the 4.70 gears and 35’s out of the gate. Now to find out
I have talked to at least a dozen dealers over the last few weeks (Socal and East Coast) and every last one said the order banks are closed. They offered to put me on a list of interested customers.
I can only guess that means those dealers are out of allocations. Ordered mine yesterday. Got the confirmation email this morning from Ford.

Sponsored

8ronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a non-sas Badlands and love it but I wanted Lux (downgraded to High....) and manual transmission.

If you aren't concerned about High or Lux and/or a manual transmission with the mid (or higher) package, then I suppose it makes sense to get the Black Diamond sasquatch. Plus you'll get Sport mode with the BD which could be a plus.
Just to add that you can enable Sport and all other GOAT Modes on any Bronco - with that said, the washout floors on the BD are durable and awesome!

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had this debate. I went with BD SAS.

I figured the camera would be a gimick overtime but sometimes I wish I had it. 12" screen is nice but not a needed item. I feel kind of the same way with the stabilizer disconnect, but that can be done manually. 4.70 gears are needed as I may go up to 37's down the road and feel they would be better on 4.70's than 4.46. I added signature lights to my BD so that's a moot point with going to Badlands. Another moot point is Baja vs Sport mode, thanks to Forscan.

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just to add that you can enable Sport and all other GOAT Modes on any Bronco - with that said, the washout floors on the BD are durable and awesome!
Yeah, but some of us don't want to mess with FORSCAN.