Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok I am confused here. Exactly how long does it take for a Bronco to be built? I have a blend date of 10/5/21 Isn't that the date they are building my Bronco? I thought it made it down the line in less than a day? How often to they update the system?
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ok I am confused here. Exactly how long does it take for a Bronco to be built? I have a blend date of 10/5/21 Isn't that the date they are building my Bronco? I thought it made it down the line in less than a day? How often to they update the system?
The build starts on the blend date, usually in production and built a day or two later, unless its getting a new MIC roof, in which case it could be in production for 3 months, and still be waiting . . .

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Blend date is essentially the start of production.

I don't know the details of Bronco's assembly specifically, but most Ford vehicles typically take under 48 hours (often less than 24 hours) from start to finish for main assembly. It then goes through a QA process... once complete it'll either get sent over to the holding lot or sent to the accessories line to install any non-standard accessories.

On Ford's other vehicles, non-standard accessories include bash plates, engine block heaters, appearance package, spoilers, etc. Again, I don't know what is considered a non-standard accessory on the Bronco... but if I were to guess they would include brush guards, roof rails, decals for Wildtrak/First Edition, etc. It can sit on the accessories line for any number of days... ultimately depends on what needs to be added to the truck. Once the accessories are installed, goes through QA, then it heads over the holding lot for shipment.

The accessory installation is the slowest part of the chain... for that reason Ford lately has been pushing for dealers to install accessories after they take delivery but before the customer picks it up. Again, I don't have any details for Bronco... but an example could be "Hey we'll just put the brush guard in the back of the Bronco, and your mechanics at the dealership can install it." It is also my understanding that Ford is using the accessories line to install the new MIC tops for the dirt mountain Broncos, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is backed up even more than usual.
Sponsored