First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks! Yeah, OP is definitely case #5 I’ve seen of this happening to someone on a 4” lift from non-sas (aka a 3” lift from SAS height). However, he is the first to not be on a zone kit (I think?).

a total theory but it’s either the new max angle of the cv, and/or long-term use of the new operating angle at ride height that’s causing this

The Radflo extended Travel shocks (not extended travel btw, just extended ride height) lift it to the same 4”, but I’m sure the diff drop kit will help!
Yeah, now that I'm comfortable with my angles, I'm going to start worrying about how the "acceptable" increased angles affect the boot lifespan. 😂 The only CVs I've ever blown too early were due to unnoticed boot failures, likely due to increased angles. A diff drop is sounding better and better!
Sponsored

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, now that I'm comfortable with my angles, I'm going to start worrying about how the "acceptable" increased angles affect the boot lifespan. 😂 The only CVs I've ever blown too early were due to unnoticed boot failures, likely due to increased angles. A diff drop is sounding better and better!
Yeah, we won’t know about true long term til a year or few from now, but If it helps, I’m on a true 3” (from non sas height) icon spacer lift. Been about 5000mi so far and no boot issues. Also know a ton of people on pure perch collar lift with many multiples more miles than me and they’ve been alright too. Keep in mind only the operating angle changes with those spring load kits, while with the combo kits like zone and icon, your operating angle changes as well as the max angle (with the new operating angle on a combo kit being more than a pure spring perch kit). It’s one thing to know the geometry change which these companies should know but real world durability is something no engineer can know for sure til its already happened

but of course, these issues won’t happen to everyone running a 3/4”lift kit. It only happens to a select few, which is why companies cant catch it til it’s too late

OP
OP
MUDLVR

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! Yeah, OP is definitely case #5 I’ve seen of this happening to someone on a 4” lift from non-sas (aka a 3” lift from SAS height). However, he is the first to not be on a zone kit (I think?).

a total theory but it’s either the new max angle of the cv, and/or long-term use of the new operating angle at ride height that’s causing this

The Radflo extended Travel shocks (not extended travel btw, just extended ride height) lift it to the same 4”, but I’m sure the diff drop kit will help!
Yes, I forgot to add that this is not a Zone lift, it is a Bronco Bigfoot Lift and I had Camburg UCA's. I think what caused the axle's to blow were the fact that the spacers were compressing the springs tighter then they should have been, and thus causing a faster rebound. The spacers already caused a stiffer ride with the additional compression. I believe if you're going to do some hardcore off-roading like we were doing, constantly maneuvering over boulders, then spacer lift's are not the way to go.

Lurker B6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Murph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those who do not know, the RC diff drop only move it down 3/8".

This is not a silver bullet, just something to hlep limit the angles a little bit.

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, I forgot to add that this is not a Zone lift, it is a Bronco Bigfoot Lift and I had Camburg UCA's. I think what caused the axle's to blow were the fact that the spacers were compressing the springs tighter then they should have been, and thus causing a faster rebound. The spacers already caused a stiffer ride with the additional compression. I believe if you're going to do some hardcore off-roading like we were doing, constantly maneuvering over boulders, then spacer lift's are not the way to go.
Is the 3/8ths diff drop worth the effort? Does it help with the angles much? Im asking because I also have a 3.5 spacer lift and have been looking for a diff drop. Only one there is made specifically for bronco is the one you installed. Kinda shocked almost two yrs and nobody has released a larger drop. Like you said,they dont even normally sell that one as a stand alone ,it comes in a kit. Im not rock crawling, im just slightly concerned with the angles.

CASM920

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the King adjustable coil-overs and had the external reservoirs mounted behind the front bumper similar to the Radflo. I've since relocated them to the rear of the vehicle tucked in behind the wheel well liner, similar to how Fox does their installation. I had no clearance issues with 35's w/ 0mm offset wheels. However, ran into an issue when upgrading to 37s. There is also the added risk of damage by rocks/obstacles at approach.
IMG_8211.JPG

123_1.jpg
Are you running a different spring rate or length than what came on the Kings 16” @ 550lbs?

decummins

Wildtrak
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mark Borgmann

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just a little update: I got the Radflo's installed and they are A M A Z I N G! They are adjustable with a dial on the reservoir that controls how hard or soft the compression and rebound can be. I also installed a front differential drop bracket to lower the angle of the CV axle's to be more linear. The pics are before I tightened the bracket bolts. Oh, and I also took off my rear swaybar for better articulation.

Ford Bronco Blew BOTH CV Axles Out at the Same Time 1678559092530
I just received my radflo shock a few days ago. Could u post a few pictures of where u mounted the remote resivours for the front?
Sponsored