Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have a little blizzard going on in North Dakota, went for a little drive. Ended up pulling the winch line twice to get myself out. Also pulled out two others that were stuck. It was quite a chore just to back out of my garage.

14B543DC-A642-438B-A910-425CF2960094.jpeg

11012698-95B7-4775-BF29-7019108E3C3E (2).jpg

262D5C7C-2D03-4D8D-B0DA-C1B9A9A845B3 (1).jpg
images(49).jpg
Sponsored

mrjking2000

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BadSasquatch, 2019 F-250 PowerStroker
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
totally jealous and i love it!

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m up in the northwest corner of the state, in the little town of Lignite.
If you sneeze to hard.....you would become a Canadian. 😉 Looks like your town is small too. Google says 140. Lehr in it's prime was around400....it's 80 now. A lot of memories as a child visiting Lehr and we came back in June of 2022 (now live in Oregon in a City of 3,000 about 15 miles from the State Capitol). You live in a beautiful State and lots of places to enjoy your Bronco!!!

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which mode did you use to drive in that snow? 4 low? Lockers? Tried slippery setting in much less snow and got stuck.

OP
OP
Bentpushrod

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Which mode did you use to drive in that snow? 4 low? Lockers? Tried slippery setting in much less snow and got stuck.
Normal mode 4L both lockers engaged. Had to winch out. Biggest thing in snow, turn off traction control, wheel speed is your friend.

Sponsored

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Normal mode 4L both lockers engaged. Had to winch out. Biggest thing in snow, turn off traction control, wheel speed is your friend.
Hey! BPR!!!
How you likes your winch setup?
I'm saving for the RC hidden mount with Warn 10K.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got a 2010 Ranger and I sold my 2014 FieSTa, both with crappy brake-based traction control.
Brake-based traction control, at least the Ford variety, SUCKS......HARD!!!
It is designed to get you stuck and wear out brake pads. Which is why I bought a Badlands.

OP
OP
Bentpushrod

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey! BPR!!!
How you likes your winch setup?
I'm saving for the RC hidden mount with Warn 10K.
I like the setup. One thing to keep in mind, it’s very hard to access the winch clutch with this setup. Some guys have built an extension for the clutch handle. I just leave the clutch engaged, and power out the winch line. A Warn Zeon Platinum would solve this issue, as the clutch can be controlled from the wireless remote. The problem is the Zeon is too wide to fit the RC mount. Lobo has a hidden winch mount that will fit the Zeon.

HoosierMan

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT & 2014 F350
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m up in the northwest corner of the state, in the little town of Lignite.
I was getting ready to ask what part of North Dakota. My Wife has relatives that moved from Southern Indiana many years ago who live in Divide County right on the Canadian line near Colgan. Been out there a couple of times and want to get back. You are in the middle of the Bakken!

Ford Bronco Blizzard wheeling in North Dakota WEST TRIP 005.JPG

Sponsored

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the setup. One thing to keep in mind, it’s very hard to access the winch clutch with this setup. Some guys have built an extension for the clutch handle. I just leave the clutch engaged, and power out the winch line. A Warn Zeon Platinum would solve this issue, as the clutch can be controlled from the wireless remote. The problem is the Zeon is too wide to fit the RC mount. Lobo has a hidden winch mount that will fit the Zeon.
Ya, as soon as I get some other $$$ projects out of the way, I'm buying the Evo and RC mount.
I have seen small ~ 1/4-3/8 inch u-joint fittings which could be fabbed up to remote the clutch handle...just trying to remember where!!!
Much rather DIY than give Ford $4300!!!
Hey I spent almost 2 weeks at the Econotel and Steak n Stein in El Forko Grande in February back in the mid-80s!!! Cold WX Cruise Missile testing!!!

OP
OP
Bentpushrod

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was getting ready to ask what part of North Dakota. My Wife has relatives that moved from Southern Indiana many years ago who live in Divide County right on the Canadian line near Colgan. Been out there a couple of times and want to get back. You are in the middle of the Bakken!

Ford Bronco Blizzard wheeling in North Dakota WEST TRIP 005.JPG
Very cool! its a small area population wise up here, I know where Colgan is, and know a lot of people over in Divide county. I see one of those border markers every day!

OP
OP
Bentpushrod

Bentpushrod

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ram 2500, '18 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ya, as soon as I get some other $$$ projects out of the way, I'm buying the Evo and RC mount.
I have seen small ~ 1/4-3/8 inch u-joint fittings which could be fabbed up to remote the clutch handle...just trying to remember where!!!
Much rather DIY than give Ford $4300!!!
Hey I spent almost 2 weeks at the Econotel and Steak n Stein in El Forko Grande in February back in the mid-80s!!! Cold WX Cruise Missile testing!!!
Good ‘old Grand Forks. I went to college there in the late 80’s early 90’s. The flat part of Nodak!

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs