Sponsored

Blocked by Mike Levine on Twitter for asking about early reservation holder deliveries

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Warning: This is mostly a rant from a fed up and disillusioned early (first 48 hours) reservation holder.

I made multiple attempts to contact Ford and try and get some sort of direct answer as to why I'm seeing other people with the same build get scheduled while I don't even have a ballpark delivery estimate.

(No hate for those who got scheduled. In fact I'm thrilled for you! I just want a real answer from Ford rather than forum hearsay as to why the scheduling is so messed up.)

Given the radio silence from Ford after my other attempts to get answers, I reduced myself to joining Twitter.

Screenshot_20211220-071958_Firefox.jpg

This was apparently enough to prompt a block. Now given that Mr. Levine is the communications manager, I have to assume he speaks for Ford. Consequently, this feels a lot like I'm being told that Ford does not want my business.

Now given that I'm 523 days and counting, and Ford seems like it doesn't give a flying pig about early reservation holders, I'm honestly debating if this is a company I want to do business with. If they are making it this difficult to pay $40k for the vehicle in the first place, what can I expect with recalls, issues, or replacement parts?

The Bronco is an awesome vehicle, it's just a shame that the company keeps falling through on it's promises and seems to be actively screwing over it's most enthusiastic customers.

If my Bronco gets scheduled soon I'll still take it. Given that I don't even have assurance of a 2022 delivery however, I am now finally starting to seriously look at alternatives.
Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Warning: This is mostly a rant from a fed up and disillusioned early (first 48 hours) reservation holder.

I made multiple attempts to contact Ford and try and get some sort of direct answer as to why I'm seeing other people with the same build get scheduled while I don't even have a ballpark delivery estimate.

(No hate for those who got scheduled. In fact I'm thrilled for you! I just want a real answer from Ford rather than forum hearsay as to why the scheduling is so messed up.)

Given the radio silence from Ford after my other attempts to get answers, I reduced myself to joining Twitter.

Screenshot_20211220-071958_Firefox.jpg

This was apparently enough to prompt a block. Now given that Mr. Levine is the communications manager, I have to assume he speaks for Ford. Consequently, this feels a lot like I'm being told that Ford does not want my business.

Now given that I'm 523 days and counting, and Ford seems like it doesn't give a flying pig about early reservation holders, I'm honestly debating if this is a company I want to do business with. If they are making it this difficult to pay $40k for the vehicle in the first place, what can I expect with recalls, issues, or replacement parts?

The Bronco is an awesome vehicle, it's just a shame that the company keeps falling through on it's promises and seems to be actively screwing over it's most enthusiastic customers.

If my Bronco gets scheduled soon I'll still take it. Given that I don't even have assurance of a 2022 delivery however, I am now finally starting to seriously look at alternatives.
That dude is such a joke. I have no idea how he keeps his job/title. Other than sounding like a condescending douchebag at times because he knows stuff we don't, his posts are cheesy as hell.

This take his uselessness to a whole new level.... can't even be bothered to respond to someone with a super legit claim/request.

Ford has some REALLY cool vehicles, but so much of them is a dumpster fire.

Last edited:

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You haven't been waiting for 523 days. People forget that Ford didn't start building Broncos up until about 6 months ago.

OP
OP
Imissmy1996bronco

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You haven't been waiting for 523 days. People forget that Ford didn't start building Broncos up until about 6 months ago.
I only use that number because that's when I first put money towards my order. No money down=dreaming, money down (even if refundable)=waiting.

Even if you insist on order accepted by ford as the metric, then I'm only a few weeks short of a year, and initial deliveries were projected for Spring 2021.

I'm mostly angry for 2 reasons. 1. I still don't even have a ballpark estimate, and I was planning on trading in my current truck in March. 2. Seeing people who reserved after me, with the same order being scheduled while I still haven't received any communication, or even an assurance of having my truck in 2022 much less by summer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Graybs

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I keep seeing this Ford-apologist characterization, and I think it's dumb. So what that Ford started delivering vehicles 6 months ago. All that means is that everyone had to wait that first amount of time. The fact is, the OP, and many others, gave Ford money for a reservation more than 500 days ago. It seems reasonable to me at this point to be upset over the wait, especially when Ford has allowed people to jump the line that Ford first created.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How the f*ck is Ford still not delivering orders from the first week? I ordered mine 3 weeks after the order banks opened and got it a month ago.
Total utter dick move by Mike. What a douchebag. Ford should get a better communications manager.
Did you order something totally crazy like Mike’s wife’s strap on she uses on him every night connected to your shift lever? 😂😂😂
I have a 2nd hour day one res and I'm not even scheduled. Ford's ability to continually fuck the Bronco launch up is impressive.

But the fact the Mike levine has been able to keep his position throughout this whole thing is incredible, but not surprising.

Rezzak

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2nd hour day one res and I'm not even scheduled. Ford's ability to continually fuck the Bronco launch up is impressive.

But the fact the Mike levine has been able to keep his position throughout this whole thing is incredible, but not surprising.
Not cool at all man. I had no idea first day customers had not received theirs. This makes me feel bad for you guys. Truly.
I honestly want to know what you ordered that could make it so hard for them to deliver? Or did they just throw names in a bucket and produce the first build they pulled out each time? 😂

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is probably not the best forum for a comment like that. Most of us on this forum placed reservations in July 2020. To say that people that made $100 reservations in July 2020 haven't been waiting is absolutely absurd. If you had been one of us, you'd know that. You'd also know that at the time we placed our reservations Ford was promising to build them in reservation order, orders would be placed fall 2020, and they'd be building them in Spring 2021.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good for you keeping this top of his mind. He may have blocked you but he will never forget what a fk up this has been for Ford. People will be turning in their leased Wrangler 392s before most early Bronco reservation holders get their Broncos. Way to stay competitive Ford

Sponsored

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'd also know that at the time we placed our reservations Ford was promising to build them in reservation order, orders would be placed fall 2020, and they'd be building them in Spring 2021.
Not to mention all the schedules that slipped leading up to the July 13th, 2020 date, and the dates that slipped months by September, December, etc.

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep seeing this Ford-apologist characterization, and I think it's dumb. So what that Ford started delivering vehicles 6 months ago. All that means is that everyone had to wait that first amount of time. The fact is, the OP, and many others, gave Ford money for a reservation more than 500 days ago. It seems reasonable to me at this point to be upset over the wait, especially when Ford has allowed people to jump the line that Ford first created.
Ford Bronco Blocked by Mike Levine on Twitter for asking about early reservation holder deliveries 1640038389525

SASProbie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Windup Toy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Forgive me. Not sure how I goofed up... But this post below was actually intended for this thread... https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/fords-management-of-supply-chain.31265/#post-1053101

Sorry for any confusion!

Lean manufacturing, FIFO, POS, Kaizen and many more... All are in their own unique ways trying to match lowest cost with max profit while reasonably controlling supply and demand.

There is no method during any pandemic that is going to prevail beyond sourcing all the raw materials and manufacturing in house. And we all know that is unreasonable and not cost effective.

And let us not forget about logistics! A lot of small things must go great together or the entire process fails.

Call it what you want. Any time a "Global" event happens. We all pay the price. Now if we could just learn from history instead of being determined to repeat it... LOL!

Last edited:

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What's sad is, even if you change your order to remove the constraints, later orders still get picked before the earlier reservations. Unbelievable!

OP
OP
Imissmy1996bronco

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lean manufacturing, FIFO, POS, Kaizen and many more... All are in their own unique ways trying to match lowest cost with max profit while reasonably controlling supply and demand.

There is no method during any pandemic that is going to prevail beyond sourcing all the raw materials and manufacturing in house. And we all know that is unreasonable and not cost effective.

And let us not forget about logistics! A lot of small things must go great together or the entire process fails.

Call it what you want. Any time a "Global" event happens. We all pay the price. Now if we could just learn form history instead of being determined to repeat it... LOL!
If it was just a delay from supply line shortages I would be much more understanding. Ford re-negged on their initial promised delivery model, and has shown absolutely no concern for the customers that negatively effected. Reference the folks over at Grainger who are first week res holders and looking at likely 2024/2025 delivery dates.
Sponsored