Sponsored

Blocked by Mike Levine on Twitter for asking about early reservation holder deliveries

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You haven't been waiting for 523 days. People forget that Ford didn't start building Broncos up until about 6 months ago.
Dude you late to the party we have been waiting for 2020 Broncos and they were building them but other things in the world happened. I have been waiting for 459 days since I plunked down my $100.00 and was told that I should be getting a 2020 Bronco.
Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is probably not the best forum for a comment like that. Most of us on this forum placed reservations in July 2020. To say that people that made $100 reservations in July 2020 haven't been waiting is absolutely absurd. If you had been one of us, you'd know that. You'd also know that at the time we placed our reservations Ford was promising to build them in reservation order, orders would be placed fall 2020, and they'd be building them in Spring 2021.
Dude you should be driving a 2020 Bronco! not a 21-22-23

Doug911

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Warning: This is mostly a rant from a fed up and disillusioned early (first 48 hours) reservation holder.

I made multiple attempts to contact Ford and try and get some sort of direct answer as to why I'm seeing other people with the same build get scheduled while I don't even have a ballpark delivery estimate.

(No hate for those who got scheduled. In fact I'm thrilled for you! I just want a real answer from Ford rather than forum hearsay as to why the scheduling is so messed up.)

Given the radio silence from Ford after my other attempts to get answers, I reduced myself to joining Twitter.

Screenshot_20211220-071958_Firefox.jpg

This was apparently enough to prompt a block. Now given that Mr. Levine is the communications manager, I have to assume he speaks for Ford. Consequently, this feels a lot like I'm being told that Ford does not want my business.

Now given that I'm 523 days and counting, and Ford seems like it doesn't give a flying pig about early reservation holders, I'm honestly debating if this is a company I want to do business with. If they are making it this difficult to pay $40k for the vehicle in the first place, what can I expect with recalls, issues, or replacement parts?

The Bronco is an awesome vehicle, it's just a shame that the company keeps falling through on it's promises and seems to be actively screwing over it's most enthusiastic customers.

If my Bronco gets scheduled soon I'll still take it. Given that I don't even have assurance of a 2022 delivery however, I am now finally starting to seriously look at alternatives.
In the same exact boat as you, and feel the exact same way. Even took to reaching out to Jim Farley on Twitter, to no eval so far. Guess I’ll tag Mark in my tweets now as well. If anyone one has any suggestions, I’m listening. Thanks all, and happy New Year.

7A0CDA38-B218-40BC-BF4C-839686DCA21F.jpeg

Yielar

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 Lariat Powerboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I keep seeing this Ford-apologist characterization, and I think it's dumb. So what that Ford started delivering vehicles 6 months ago. All that means is that everyone had to wait that first amount of time. The fact is, the OP, and many others, gave Ford money for a reservation more than 500 days ago. It seems reasonable to me at this point to be upset over the wait, especially when Ford has allowed people to jump the line that Ford first created.

You need to look up the difference between reservation and order because it seems you have no clue

Yielar

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I only use that number because that's when I first put money towards my order. No money down=dreaming, money down (even if refundable)=waiting.

Even if you insist on order accepted by ford as the metric, then I'm only a few weeks short of a year, and initial deliveries were projected for Spring 2021.

I'm mostly angry for 2 reasons. 1. I still don't even have a ballpark estimate, and I was planning on trading in my current truck in March. 2. Seeing people who reserved after me, with the same order being scheduled while I still haven't received any communication, or even an assurance of having my truck in 2022 much less by summer.

I got a kick out of this too! Since they didn't even have your build order until early this year, that's when the clock starts. Lol. How to be overly dramatic without knowing the difference between a reservation and actual order. 🤷

Sponsored
OP
OP
Imissmy1996bronco

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got a kick out of this too! Since they didn't even have your build order until early this year, that's when the clock starts. Lol. How to be overly dramatic without knowing the difference between a reservation and actual order. 🤷
Given that walk in orders have gotten vin numbers in 2 weeks (per my dealer), and I'm 11 months out from my order, I'd say my response is well justified.

There's a reason for using the bigger number to attempt to provoke a response (since @fordmotorcompany seems completely unwilling to respond so far). I am exceedingly clear about how I'm defining it and why I'm using that number, if you don't like it, well feel free to continue throwing out more apologist comments for why Ford's epic screw up here isn't really their fault.

Yielar

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Given that walk in orders have gotten vin numbers in 2 weeks (per my dealer), and I'm 11 months out from my order, I'd say my response is well justified.

There's a reason for using the bigger number to attempt to provoke a response (since @fordmotorcompany seems completely unwilling to respond so far). I am exceedingly clear about how I'm defining it and why I'm using that number, if you don't like it, well feel free to continue throwing out more apologist comments for why Ford's epic screw up here isn't really their fault.

Just makes you sound uninformed using any days prior to you actually putting in an order build. Hey I get the frustration, I reserved my WildTrak Lux on day one and put my order in soon as the banks opened and finally received my Bronco in November. Didn't help that I had every possible option including the hard top.

Diverdon

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I only use that number because that's when I first put money towards my order. No money down=dreaming, money down (even if refundable)=waiting.

Even if you insist on order accepted by ford as the metric, then I'm only a few weeks short of a year, and initial deliveries were projected for Spring 2021.

I'm mostly angry for 2 reasons. 1. I still don't even have a ballpark estimate, and I was planning on trading in my current truck in March. 2. Seeing people who reserved after me, with the same order being scheduled while I still haven't received any communication, or even an assurance of having my truck in 2022 much less by summer.
Did you at least get the flimsy hammock and the cheap calander.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

If the builds were identical, I would say your gripe is legit, but that's probably not the case. All it takes is 1 part on constraint to push a build back. Those that know what constraints are currently affecting builds have likely chosen to remove them and take what Ford is currently able to build. Same thing is happening with Maverick.

Glenn

Wildtrak
First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush,21 CFTP GT500,20 Explorer ST,67 Nova
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When you log in to the FORD website, it should show your build on it! In the past when I ordered from FORD it always showed up. My Bronco is not showing up yet for the 2022 reordered from 2021), so I called the GM at the dealership, and he said he will get an answer back by the 4th of Jan. I say this because when I ordered the 2021 it was there. I often wonder if the dealer really ordered the Bronco in the first place?!?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Imissmy1996bronco

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just makes you sound uninformed using any days prior to you actually putting in an order build. Hey I get the frustration, I reserved my WildTrak Lux on day one and put my order in soon as the banks opened and finally received my Bronco in November. Didn't help that I had every possible option including the hard top.
Given that you were criticizing something I have explained very clearly multiple times, your post just makes you sound like you didn't bother reading before typing.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you are probably the fifth person to go round and round on this, and like I said, I used that number for a reason.

Did you at least get the flimsy hammock and the cheap calander.
I did get the hammock! No calendar though....

If the builds were identical, I would say your gripe is legit, but that's probably not the case. All it takes is 1 part on constraint to push a build back. Those that know what constraints are currently affecting builds have likely chosen to remove them and take what Ford is currently able to build. Same thing is happening with Maverick.
I was honestly shocked, but one of them was my build exactly down to the color. I have seen multiple with the same list of official constraints as me though.

When you log in to the FORD website, it should show your build on it! In the past when I ordered from FORD it always showed up. My Bronco is not showing up yet for the 2022 reordered from 2021), so I called the GM at the dealership, and he said he will get an answer back by the 4th of Jan. I say this because when I ordered the 2021 it was there. I often wonder if the dealer really ordered the Bronco in the first place?!?
I hope you get some answers 🤙

I spoke to my dealer today, had to elevate it to management and was told they don't know anything, and can't do anything. They also claimed ignorance about the allocation process. Then I went and test drove a bunch of jeeps. Getting jerked around by ford and getting what amounts to the middle finger when I ask for answers has me seriously re considering whether I want to do business with Ford or not.

Last edited:

Yielar

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Given that you were criticizing something I have explained very clearly multiple times, your post just makes you sound like you didn't bother reading before typing.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but you are probably the fifth person to go round and round on this, and like I said, I used that number for a reason.

I did get the hammock! No calendar though....

I was honestly shocked, but one of them was my build exactly down to the color. I have seen multiple with the same list of official constraints as me though.

I hope you get some answers 🤙

I spoke to my dealer today, had to elevate it to management and was told they don't know anything, and can't do anything. They also claimed ignorance about the allocation process. Then I went and test drove a bunch of jeeps. Getting jersey around by ford and getting what amounts to the middle finger when I ask for answers has me seriously re considering whether I want to do business with Ford or not.
That's my point. The 5 other members clearly didn't get through to you dude, lol. Doesn't make sense to use a date before your actual order date but clearly you can't grasp this fact. No wonder you got blocked as you sound out of touch.

OP
OP
Imissmy1996bronco

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's my point. The 5 other members clearly didn't get through to you dude, lol. Doesn't make sense to use a date before your actual order date but clearly you can't grasp this fact. No wonder you got blocked as you sound out of touch.
You seem to not understand how to agree to disagree. I clearly defined that the time was from the pre-order, and how I defined waiting. You can disagree if you want, but your opinion doesn't carry any more validity than mine.

P.s. you may want to read through the rest of this thread as the multitude of other people responding to those same people suggests that I am not the one out of touch here.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You seem to not understand how to agree to disagree. I clearly defined that the time was from the pre-order, and how I defined waiting. You can disagree if you want, but your opinion doesn't carry any more validity than mine.

P.s. you may want to read through the rest of this thread as the multitude of other people responding to those same people suggests that I am not the one out of touch here.
I’m not really in the days since reservation camp because we all knew when we placed a reservation in the early days, there was going to be some wait until anyone got one. However, as long as you are clear which you are using, I think it is fine. Plus, reservation date supposedly conveys some information about where you are in line. I’ve seen plenty of people using either date, and particularly on Twitter, people often neglect to say which it is, probably because a tweet is so limited in length.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No January 2021 should still be left for dead smoke that. Remember that 3/19 cutoff date? Those were Ford's marching orders, then somewhere Ford said FU.
Sponsored