Sponsored

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like the sound but I am completely uneducated on this topic. I have started my research and see 3 options to accomplish this. 1) Panda motors suggested a $5 cap and simply disconnecting the recirculating hose and cap recirculating intake port. 2) Lethal performance suggested a turbosmart duel port valve that recirculates 50% for $250. This appears to replace the OEM closed valve with an “upgraded” 50/50 valve and appears to have the blow off adaptor incorporated in the valve. 3) boomba blow off adaptor here which appears to be a blow off adaptor/spacer put between the oem valve and port, but I don’t see if it is 50/50 or what it is…
Can someone enlighten me? I have also seen that panda did the $5 cap and added the turbosmart duel blow off valve. Are there benefits to doing one vs another, both (does it make it even louder or any benefits to both), any drawbacks (gas mileage, harm engine), etc. Again I’m ignorant on this and would love real mechanical advise, don’t need the “sound” critics out there. Our beautiful big beasts are a bit of a joke as it is with the price tag and gas mileage, etc… may as well pile on the ridiculousness!

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like the sound but I am completely uneducated on this topic. I have started my research and see 3 options to accomplish this. 1) Panda motors suggested a $5 cap and simply disconnecting the recirculating hose and cap recirculating intake port. 2) Lethal performance suggested a turbosmart duel port valve that recirculates 50% for $250. This appears to replace the OEM closed valve with an “upgraded” 50/50 valve and appears to have the blow off adaptor incorporated in the valve. 3) boomba blow off adaptor here which appears to be a blow off adaptor/spacer put between the oem valve and port, but I don’t see if it is 50/50 or what it is…
Can someone enlighten me? I have also seen that panda did the $5 cap and added the turbosmart duel blow off valve. Are there benefits to doing one vs another, both (does it make it even louder or any benefits to both), any drawbacks (gas mileage, harm engine), etc. Again I’m ignorant on this and would love real mechanical advise, don’t need the “sound” critics out there. Our beautiful big beasts are a bit of a joke as it is with the price tag and gas mileage, etc… may as well pile on the ridiculousness!

There are different options available on the market, for now we offer 2 adapters for someone who is looking to get more noise out of their Bronco. We offer a full vent to atmosphere BOV adapter that is going to offer full loud mode or an adjustable BOV adapter that allows the use to change how much pressure is going to either be recirculated back into the intake or vented out.

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is there any reason I should be recycling 100 vs 50/50. Is there any harm mechanically one vs the other. Is there any benefits or drawbacks of one vs the other? Why wouldn’t ford design it this way in the first place if the only difference is sound? Why do you offer full vs half? Is the full basically the same is doing the cap method?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there any reason I should be recycling 100 vs 50/50. Is there any harm mechanically one vs the other. Is there any benefits or drawbacks of one vs the other? Why wouldn’t ford design it this way in the first place if the only difference is sound? Why do you offer full vs half? Is the full basically the same is doing the cap method?
Whether you want to fully VTA or run a 50/50 adapter it will not change the way it operates/drives. There are no A/F ratio changes and there are no check engine/CEL lights that would come on because of the modification. We offer 2 options to give our customers the option of being able to adjust how loud they want the adapter to vent. The 50/50 adapter is also the only one that works on Euro Spec Ecoboost engines since they run a completely different setup than the ones we get here in the states.

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
to further what @Jmax was asking, @Boomba Racing, what exactly is the reasoning Ford chose to recirculate the air? sounds like there are no performance benefits/drawbacks, correct? any reliability/longevity issues? thx @Boomba Racing

the only reason is sound?
you guys think you'd create enough backpressure while rock crawling to create the pssssh?

personally, the sound would be entertaining on-road. but might become tedious off-road.

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
to further what @Jmax was asking, @Boomba Racing, what exactly is the reasoning Ford chose to recirculate the air? sounds like there are no performance benefits/drawbacks, correct? any reliability/longevity issues? thx @Boomba Racing

you guys think you'd create enough backpressure while rock crawling to create the pssssh?

personally, the sound would be entertaining on-road. but might become tedious off-road.
Yeah, I keep feeling like I am missing something. Why would ford do what they did? If it is just sound and they think majority prefers it quite then why would people spend 100-260 when they can just disconnect the hose and cap the intake. I don’t get it. I keep seeing 70% if the answer.

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I keep feeling like I am missing something. Why would ford do what they did? If it is just sound and they think majority prefers it quite then why would people spend 100-260 when they can just disconnect the hose and cap the intake. I don’t get it. I keep seeing 70% if the answer.
great video here:
TLDNR version is that replacing the BPV with a BOV will reduce throttle response. but the bronco's turbos are so small it probably doesn't matter.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have two quick questions. One, with the adjustable BOVA, what is to prevent the little allen screws from falling inside and being introduced into the system? Do you use blue locktite? Two, with the regular BOVA, is there a way to keep debris like dust and grime from getting inside the three ports? Any risk of this?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

As far as we know there are no vehicle manufacturers that offer vent to atmosphere BOV options available directly from the showroom floor. The adaptors we offer have no moving parts and just mount with the stock BPV to convert it into a BOV that vents into the atmosphere It is a relatively very easy to install mod that is primarily there for the noise aspect. We have customers that had them installed on their Ecoboost vehicles for 8+ years with no issues. We cannot answer on why they do not offer an option like that.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have two quick questions. One, with the adjustable BOVA, what is to prevent the little allen screws from falling inside and being introduced into the system? Do you use blue locktite? Two, with the regular BOVA, is there a way to keep debris like dust and grime from getting inside the three ports? Any risk of this?
Those are excellent questions that we are more than happy to answer. The adjustable BOVA side screws have a "stopper" so once they are gently snugged in their place they are secured and will not fall thru the other side. The BPV is mostly closed during regular driving and will only vent for a short period of time when you let off the throttle. We haven't had any issues or heard of anyone having any sealing issues.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Those are excellent questions that we are more than happy to answer. The adjustable BOVA side screws have a "stopper" so once they are gently snugged in their place they are secured and will not fall thru the other side. The BPV is mostly closed during regular driving and will only vent for a short period of time when you let off the throttle. We haven't had any issues or heard of anyone having any sealing issues.
Thanks for answering so quickly. That definitely makes me feel better about the adjustable model.

MCOBronco6

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2D
Your Bronco Model
Base
Don't hesitate to ask if there's any questions.
Any idea what the correct spec is for the included (lag screws?) hardware? I have lost one and need to visit the hardware store for a replacement. Thank you.
Sponsored