First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F250, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Recap: December 23rd, while stopped at a stop light, the engine was at idle when it abruptly shut off (only 2,024 miles on it). The 2.7 would simply not restart. The Bronco ended up being towed to local Ford dealer where it discovered that the timing chain broke, the valves had destroyed the pistons and metal shaving contaminated the entire oil system.

December 30th, 7 days later, Ford Motor Co. finally authorized a rental to “temporarily” replace the Bronco. I know some say that I must be patient, after all it was Christmas on the 25th. To that I reply I know, since the Bronco was my only vehicle (I traded my truck in to get it and sold my 06 Jeep TJ) I was stranded without an automobile during the Christmas Holiday.

Today, January 6, 2022, as I write this, Ford Motor Company has not yet authorized a replacement motor (according to my local Ford Dealership’s Service Dept.). It has now been 14 days since the new Bronco lost it’s engine. I was not expecting the Bronco to be fixed by now, but I was expecting that Ford would have at least authorized an engine replacement and maybe even be in the process of shipping said replacement to the dealership.

I am not bashing the new Bronco, for 2,023 miles, I absolutely loved it. The Bronco was by far more comfortable in the driver’s seat than my 06 TJ. You could not even compare the upgrade of on-highway driving between the new Bronco and the old Jeep. The Bronco is just that much more superior on road. As far as off-roading, I had a mild 2’ lift on the Jeep, my Bronco FE came with the Sasquatch package, disconnecting stay-bar and both front and rear lockers. To plainly put it, there are trails I attempted with my 06 TJ that it just could not make it up, and yet my new Bronco made those very same obstacles look easy.

Come on Ford Motor, seven days to authorize a rental, stranding me over the Holiday, not cool. Fourteen days after the motor was blown and still no word on a replacement engine? That is not acceptable. Just made a $545 dollar payment on a Bronco I don’t possess and have no clue as to when it will return, that simply hurts.

The Bronco is a great vehicle, I just wish Ford Motor Co. would give it and new Bronco owners the right support.

first ride 1.jpeg
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That sucks man, hope they get you fixed up quick.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sorry to hear and tell the dealer they should give you a rental immediately and hash it out later in any argument otherwise.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
And you need to emphasize you sold your useable vehicle for a new vehicle and it’s only right they give you transportation as this is resolved.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

segt1915

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry to hear and tell the dealer they should give you a rental immediately and hash it out later in any argument otherwise.
Yeah, this seems to be on the dealer to initiate and handle the fallout with FoMoCo. My Bronco is in the shop for a much less significant warranty repair and my dealer sent me home in a loaner 2020 F-150 the day I brought it in, no questions asked.

JohnG

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 dr Basesquatch, 2022 2 dr Base 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry man, that’s the worst. I’m scheduled for a 2.7 build next month, these stories are not encouraging.

Racerdad

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a loan on the vehicle with Ford Motor Credit, you might reach out to them for help on payment forbearance while the vehicle is out of service.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When did you take delivery?

Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When my dealer doesn't have a loaner, they get me a free rental
and that's just for regular maintenance.

On a blown engine, or any warranty work, this is completely unacceptable

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

engine build date?

ColoradoKid26

Badlands
First Name
Naughty Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badsquatch, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 200 miles on mine, and I'm almost nervous to drive it hearing these 2.7 grenade stories.