George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Lance103222 Have you heard whether it’s not approved for replacement or just unavailable? I’ve been in contact with Ford Customer service and they say mine’s been escalated by my dealer, but the escalation is still to be determined due to unknown availability of replacement parts.

Also, Ford Customer service has been calling me every two days with updates. I would advise starting a case with them.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well poop. Sorry man. If it's any consolation it's a great looking Bronco. Why does your top look so black?

Macjr

Black Diamond
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad, 2020 Volvo xc40 RDesign
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you have a loan on the vehicle with Ford Motor Credit, you might reach out to them for help on payment forbearance while the vehicle is out of service.
I was thinking same thing….this is crazy…Ford should jump in and help in these situations.. Most of us waited well over a year to get our Broncos. And…in all fairness the OP and most others aren’t bashing Ford they’re just saying there’s a problem.. This guy isn’t a first by any means to have an issue w the Bronco 2.7…I hope they take a hard look at what looks a bit like a trend of issues w the 2.7’s

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Recap: December 23rd, while stopped at a stop light, the engine was at idle when it abruptly shut off (only 2,024 miles on it). The 2.7 would simply not restart. The Bronco ended up being towed to local Ford dealer where it discovered that the timing chain broke, the valves had destroyed the pistons and metal shaving contaminated the entire oil system.

December 30th, 7 days later, Ford Motor Co. finally authorized a rental to “temporarily” replace the Bronco. I know some say that I must be patient, after all it was Christmas on the 25th. To that I reply I know, since the Bronco was my only vehicle (I traded my truck in to get it and sold my 06 Jeep TJ) I was stranded without an automobile during the Christmas Holiday.

Today, January 6, 2022, as I write this, Ford Motor Company has not yet authorized a replacement motor (according to my local Ford Dealership’s Service Dept.). It has now been 14 days since the new Bronco lost it’s engine. I was not expecting the Bronco to be fixed by now, but I was expecting that Ford would have at least authorized an engine replacement and maybe even be in the process of shipping said replacement to the dealership.

I am not bashing the new Bronco, for 2,023 miles, I absolutely loved it. The Bronco was by far more comfortable in the driver’s seat than my 06 TJ. You could not even compare the upgrade of on-highway driving between the new Bronco and the old Jeep. The Bronco is just that much more superior on road. As far as off-roading, I had a mild 2’ lift on the Jeep, my Bronco FE came with the Sasquatch package, disconnecting stay-bar and both front and rear lockers. To plainly put it, there are trails I attempted with my 06 TJ that it just could not make it up, and yet my new Bronco made those very same obstacles look easy.

Come on Ford Motor, seven days to authorize a rental, stranding me over the Holiday, not cool. Fourteen days after the motor was blown and still no word on a replacement engine? That is not acceptable. Just made a $545 dollar payment on a Bronco I don’t possess and have no clue as to when it will return, that simply hurts.

The Bronco is a great vehicle, I just wish Ford Motor Co. would give it and new Bronco owners the right support.

first ride 1.jpeg
Good morning, Lance! Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I would like to look into this Bronco engine concern for you on my end. Thanks!

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If no one has asked…
What’s the traceability on this 2.7 build date.?

Sponsored

the Duff

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford doesn't need to authorize the engine. The dealer told you that?

I could believe that the engine is on backorder...

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well poop. Sorry man. If it's any consolation it's a great looking Bronco. Why does your top look so black?
All we know so far is that ours are fine, Dick! lol

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Recap: December 23rd, while stopped at a stop light, the engine was at idle when it abruptly shut off (only 2,024 miles on it). The 2.7 would simply not restart. The Bronco ended up being towed to local Ford dealer where it discovered that the timing chain broke, the valves had destroyed the pistons and metal shaving contaminated the entire oil system.

December 30th, 7 days later, Ford Motor Co. finally authorized a rental to “temporarily” replace the Bronco. I know some say that I must be patient, after all it was Christmas on the 25th. To that I reply I know, since the Bronco was my only vehicle (I traded my truck in to get it and sold my 06 Jeep TJ) I was stranded without an automobile during the Christmas Holiday.

Today, January 6, 2022, as I write this, Ford Motor Company has not yet authorized a replacement motor (according to my local Ford Dealership’s Service Dept.). It has now been 14 days since the new Bronco lost it’s engine. I was not expecting the Bronco to be fixed by now, but I was expecting that Ford would have at least authorized an engine replacement and maybe even be in the process of shipping said replacement to the dealership.

I am not bashing the new Bronco, for 2,023 miles, I absolutely loved it. The Bronco was by far more comfortable in the driver’s seat than my 06 TJ. You could not even compare the upgrade of on-highway driving between the new Bronco and the old Jeep. The Bronco is just that much more superior on road. As far as off-roading, I had a mild 2’ lift on the Jeep, my Bronco FE came with the Sasquatch package, disconnecting stay-bar and both front and rear lockers. To plainly put it, there are trails I attempted with my 06 TJ that it just could not make it up, and yet my new Bronco made those very same obstacles look easy.

Come on Ford Motor, seven days to authorize a rental, stranding me over the Holiday, not cool. Fourteen days after the motor was blown and still no word on a replacement engine? That is not acceptable. Just made a $545 dollar payment on a Bronco I don’t possess and have no clue as to when it will return, that simply hurts.

The Bronco is a great vehicle, I just wish Ford Motor Co. would give it and new Bronco owners the right support.

first ride 1.jpeg
What’s your engine build date

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All we know so far is that ours are fine, Dick! lol
Maybe yours dropped a valve on the way to/from DM and that's what the hold up was.

Sponsored

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I read the headline and really hoped there was going to be a Whipple in this thread.

Deep down I knew what it was really going to be.

OP
OP
Lance103222

Lance103222

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F250, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@Lance103222 Have you heard whether it’s not approved for replacement or just unavailable? I’ve been in contact with Ford Customer service and they say mine’s been escalated by my dealer, but the escalation is still to be determined due to unknown availability of replacement parts.

Also, Ford Customer service has been calling me every two days with updates. I would advise starting a case with them.
Thanks, I have contacted Ford's Customer Relations based in Houston Tx. However nobody has called me back, just one email a week ago giving me a CAS number.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see the problem, you were clearly abusing the powertrain by taking it off-road (see photo above). You didn't expect Ford to cover that, did you? ;)

I am sure that Ford will eventually authorize replacement, but that is what has kept me from making it a priority to relocate the heat exchanger so far. I don't want them to have any reason to deny a claim. I am still going to relocate it, but it is just further down the list. I don't think that my gas struts for the hood will be sufficient to deny a warranty claim. ;)

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have 200 miles on mine, and I'm almost nervous to drive it hearing these 2.7 grenade stories.
Actually, this is exactly the reason to put as many spirited miles post-breakin as possible on the engine. Much better to find out sooner rather than later. At some point, I am going to have to believe that this motor is either good or not good. At 5k miles, I am almost satisfied that it dodged the bullet (at 10k, I think that I would almost have to let go of the fear).
Sponsored