Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do you have any closeups of the AMB? I can't get over how nice that looks in your top photo
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lilj4425

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have any closeups of the AMB? I can't get over how nice that looks in your top photo
Just these two below. I might make the trip back up again either tomorrow or Saturday to take more pics and videos.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Last edited:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP

Did the OBX with leather have hard plastic for the colored panels on the upper door (where the door handle is located)? The big bend I saw had this but not sure if it was different for OBX w leather

OP
OP
Lilj4425

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP

Did the OBX with leather have hard plastic for the colored panels on the upper door (where the door handle is located)? The big bend I saw had this but not sure if it was different for OBX w leather
This is a lux Badlands below but I believe the same applies for the OBX lux. The black area right next to the door handle where the locks are is plastic. The light grey area next to that and on the arm rest is not. It has more of a softer touch. The Area 51 panel is metal.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a lux Badlands below but I believe the same applies for the OBX lux. The black area right next to the door handle where the locks are is plastic. The light grey area next to that and on the arm rest is not. It has more of a softer touch. The Area 51 panel is metal.
That’s good to know. I sat in a BD and the upper door padding was actually hard plastic believe it or not. I think we are starting to find out that the packaging actually has some tiering of material quality. For now it seems limited to these upper door pads.

So you think it’s lux that drives this? I kind of thought that leather option would be the driver but maybe not. I sat in a BL lux and based on my photos the upper section looks to be MGV. I just didn’t notice. I was too focused on the BD mid package that had hard plastic here.

do you recall if it was padded/soft touch as well? Or if it was just hard plastic wrapped in MGV or pleather (OBX)

In photos below in order
1. BD mid. My photo. Heavy graining is really hard plastic
2. OBX lux navy pier. Not my photo but looks like pleather/vinyl
3. OBX lux roast. Same as above
4. BL lux. My photo but don’t recall touching it. Photo shows it’s MGV

Ford Bronco Blown away!!!! Got off roading in 2-door Outer Banks Sasquatch [pics w/ videos] B02D5136-063C-4CE2-84B4-737C07055E1F

Ford Bronco Blown away!!!! Got off roading in 2-door Outer Banks Sasquatch [pics w/ videos] 6CB00A46-FA47-4649-9798-CF11D04FC1CE

Ford Bronco Blown away!!!! Got off roading in 2-door Outer Banks Sasquatch [pics w/ videos] F764724B-34A2-4E16-8E7C-DEDD07721F9A

Ford Bronco Blown away!!!! Got off roading in 2-door Outer Banks Sasquatch [pics w/ videos] B4E0A423-3FE6-47A6-A29F-C5E84EF188E2

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lilj4425

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure if it’s the lux or leather option that decides it as the BL and OBX I checked out had both of these options. My guess would be lux but that’s just a guess. Maybe somebody else can confirm. The OBX and BL dash to the left and right of the hero switches were definitely soft touch and not plastic. Not sure what material it is though. Felt same as the light grey areas on the door panels. The other part of the dash closest to the windshield where the USB port is and possible accessory bar is plastic.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP

That’s good to know. I sat in a BD and the upper door padding was actually hard plastic believe it or not. I think we are starting to find out that the packaging actually has some tiering of material quality. For now it seems limited to these upper door pads.

So you think it’s lux that drives this? I kind of thought that leather option would be the driver but maybe not. I sat in a BL lux and based on my photos the upper section looks to be MGV. I just didn’t notice. I was too focused on the BD mid package that had hard plastic here.

do you recall if it was padded/soft touch as well? Or if it was just hard plastic wrapped in MGV or pleather (OBX)

In photos below in order
1. BD mid. My photo. Heavy graining is really hard plastic
2. OBX lux navy pier. Not my photo but looks like pleather/vinyl
3. OBX lux roast. Same as above
4. BL lux. My photo but don’t recall touching it. Photo shows it’s MGV

Ford Bronco Blown away!!!! Got off roading in 2-door Outer Banks Sasquatch [pics w/ videos] B4E0A423-3FE6-47A6-A29F-C5E84EF188E2

I’m not sure if it’s the lux or leather option that decides it as the BL and OBX I checked out had both of these options. My guess would be lux but that’s just a guess. Maybe somebody else can confirm. The OBX and BL dash to the left and right of the hero switches were definitely soft touch and not plastic. Not sure what material it is though. Felt same as the light grey areas on the door panels. The other part of the dash closest to the windshield where the USB port is and possible accessory bar is plastic.
This is a really great discussion, and one that I think warrants its own thread.

If these surfaces are in fact different materials depending on options, we should leverage our forum members and these events to get down to the bottom of it.

It would certainly influence my option decisions.

OP
OP
Lilj4425

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wish I would have checked out the interior of the Black Diamond that was there to compare and contrast. :(

OBX:

BL:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like some have tried to convey in the difference of the HLIP and that on the lower trims. It might not carry value to some, but having a soft touch on the upper trims gives a richer feel.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like some have tried to convey in the difference of the HLIP and that on the lower trims. It might not carry value to some, but having a soft touch on the upper trims gives a richer feel.
In the latest Order Guide, the High Level Instrument Panel is only listed twice. Both under “Interior/Comfort” in OB and BL only, and not tied to package or seat material.

(in the B&P it was originally listed under the technology heading)

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the latest Order Guide, the High Level Instrument Panel is only listed twice. Both under “Interior/Comfort” in OB and BL only, and not tied to package or seat material.

I was not trying to endorse a link tied to package/seat material as was mentioned above. Only that there was indeed a confirmation of the soft-touch difference in the OBX and BL vs. the lower trims. An aside, the WT and FE should also have the HLIP but I haven't looked at the order guide.

I think originally the HLIP listing under the technology made some try to draw the conclusion that it had to mean some technology/gauge difference. But there were a few of us that had always maintained that it was only a "touch/feel" difference. Seeing it listed under "interior/comfort" only lends credence to the difference between the upper/lower trims IP.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Maybe this is what is meant by the elusive “high level instrument panel”. Sounds like you have some investigation ahead for you Zack!

OP
OP
Lilj4425

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

So it might just go off trim level then. What about WT and FE?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was not trying to endorse a link tied to package/seat material as was mentioned above. Only that there was indeed a confirmation of the soft-touch difference in the OBX and BL vs. the lower trims. An aside, the WT and FE should also have the HLIP but I haven't looked at the order guide.

I think originally the HLIP listing under the technology made some try to draw the conclusion that it had to mean some technology/gauge difference. But there were a few of us that had always maintained that it was only a "touch/feel" difference. Seeing it listed under "interior/comfort" only lends credence to the difference between the upper/lower trims IP.
The order guide does suggest that the WT and FE include the HLIP, as each state they include all Outer Banks and Badlands standard equipment, respectively

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Y’all need to make a printable list of all these questions... for the next event. Maybe someone can follow it and get answers. I know that just about every question I had was forgotten in no time at all... being in awe of the whole thing. 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored