HOSS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 BMW X3 M-SPORT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man those spare tires can really wreck a car for sure! Glad to know the Bronco held up so great! Also glad to know everyone was alright. Back in HS we had a friends dad who restored old Chevy pick-ups, built him a hot rod 72, rear ended my 83 Bronco, dented my bumper and a where the tire swing arm latch was bent in to the tailgate...put the motor of his truck into his passenger seat.
Yep, time for a bumper upgrade at his insurance companies expense ;)
Sponsored

OP
OP
DaBroncstah

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Man those spare tires can really wreck a car for sure! Glad to know the Bronco held up so great! Also glad to know everyone was alright. Back in HS we had a friends dad who restored old Chevy pick-ups, built him a hot rod 72, rear ended my 83 Bronco, dented my bumper and a where the tire swing arm latch was bent in to the tailgate...put the motor of his truck into his passenger seat.
Yep, time for a bumper upgrade at his insurance companies expense ;)
WOW!! Iā€™m so impressed with how tough these broncos are. The funny thing is I donā€™t even think she made a mark on the spare :ROFLMAO: time for some upgrades I agree!!

OP
OP
DaBroncstah

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I bet her parents are super happy they bought her a beamer as her first car and totaled it already. My kids get a 1k junker as their first vehicle.
she was hysterical when I tried talking to her because she said her dad was gonna kill her. She was so upset. Her parents when they came to the scene were actually really nice to her and me, they were probably just happy she wasnā€™t hurt. She was supposed to leave for college on Friday with her beemer :(

Sponsored

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well this month just seems to be never ending with the excitement with the bronco :ROFLMAO: First the tie rod and now thisā€¦

Last night I was coming home with a friend and we got rear ended at a red light by a speeding beemer.

Luckily no major damage aside from the rear bumper, scratches on the muffler, and the trunk strut is broken but thatā€™s it. Unfortunately canā€™t say the same for the girls bmw. Apparently she had just gotten it yesterday as a graduation present so I felt really bad for her:(

Pictures:
0330053D-15C5-4BC6-81CD-5A30430EE40B.jpeg

37B9AE6B-FE30-4A0C-BCA4-CDB4437FA064.jpeg

88D5A70E-FD02-47EA-B3D2-091118ABA863.jpeg

47B7BFF0-0063-44D3-8D05-81B3F38547CD.jpeg
A38FD95D-CD0A-4C90-B0DC-5283DDDE0728.jpeg
EE577AC8-94C2-41B7-8BF2-5863CA173483.jpeg
Dang! Great news that no injuries were experienced.

Hope the young lady learnt her lesson too about driving and hope mom/dad help her become a responsible road user and pay for that deductible and inevitably high insurance premiums.

OP
OP
DaBroncstah

DaBroncstah

Black Diamond
First Name
Hadley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dang! Great news that no injuries were experienced.

Hope the young lady learnt her lesson too about driving and hope mom/dad help her become a responsible road user and pay for that deductible and inevitably high insurance premiums.
yep lesson definitely learned (I hope) for her!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just wow.
Glad ya'll and the other girl are all ok.
Nice to continue to see your overwhelmingly positive take on adversity and life in general.
It's really uplifting and inspirational to see.

I almost took out mine Sunday, and it was sheer guardian angel as to how I managed not to.
Coming back from Chapel Hill we were on hwy 54, taking backroads back home. Light traffic.
My wife was trying to get the screen to respond and get back to FM from CarPlay, as it has been freezing up sometimes. I was distracted, trying to help her.
Caught lateral movement ahead of me, looked up and saw I was going through a red light ahead at full 50mph. Absolutely no time to brake and not run the light.
Totally my fault.
A Velocity Blue Focus was coming through and I watched it out of my door-less side as I swerved right. There was literally less than a foot of room there and somehow they completely missed me.
Nerves shook for several hours afterwards, as all I could think about were our kids who had both parents in the vehicle at the time, and the fact the person (people) in that Focus could have ended up having a really bad day because I was distracted.
Giant wake-up call.
I lost a sister to an accident back in '98, and would not wish that on anyone, ever.
Stay safe and good luck.
Maybe this is the turning point where it smooths back out for you all.

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well this month just seems to be never ending with the excitement with the bronco :ROFLMAO: First the tie rod and now thisā€¦

Last night I was coming home with a friend and we got rear ended at a red light by a speeding beemer.

Luckily no major damage aside from the rear bumper, scratches on the muffler, and the trunk strut is broken but thatā€™s it. Unfortunately canā€™t say the same for the girls bmw. Apparently she had just gotten it yesterday as a graduation present so I felt really bad for her:(

Pictures:

Why would you feel bad? Iā€™m glad sheā€™s off the road for a bit.

Get your ride fully checked out.

Glad you are ok.

Sponsored

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
she was hysterical when I tried talking to her because she said her dad was gonna kill her. She was so upset. Her parents when they came to the scene were actually really nice to her and me, they were probably just happy she wasnā€™t hurt. She was supposed to leave for college on Friday with her beemer :(
That's nice of her parents taking it in stride. Kids will make mistakes it's up to parents to ensure it's a learning experience.
Time for her to get a bus pass! šŸ˜‚

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just wow.
Glad ya'll and the other girl are all ok.
Nice to continue to see your overwhelmingly positive take on adversity and life in general.
It's really uplifting and inspirational to see.

I almost took out mine Sunday, and it was sheer guardian angel as to how I managed not to.
Coming back from Chapel Hill we were on hwy 54, taking backroads back home. Light traffic.
My wife was trying to get the screen to respond and get back to FM from CarPlay, as it has been freezing up sometimes. I was distracted, trying to help her.
Caught lateral movement ahead of me, looked up and saw I was going through a red light ahead at full 50mph. Absolutely no time to brake and not run the light.
Totally my fault.
A Velocity Blue Focus was coming through and I watched it out of my door-less side as I swerved right. There was literally less than a foot of room there and somehow they completely missed me.
Nerves shook for several hours afterwards, as all I could think about were our kids who had both parents in the vehicle at the time, and the fact the person (people) in that Focus could have ended up having a really bad day because I was distracted.
Giant wake-up call.
I lost a sister to an accident back in '98, and would not wish that on anyone, ever.
Stay safe and good luck.
Maybe this is the turning point where it smooths back out for you all.
Hey, I drive a Velocity Blue Focus, but it wasn't me! šŸ˜‚

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, I drive a Velocity Blue Focus, but it wasn't me! šŸ˜‚
Yeah, if you're on here, scared Focus-driver that was, apologies.
I wasn't drunk or running from the cops in a stolen Bronc.
Sheer lack of sleep and attention.

JJBadlands

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad you are ok. Still very impressed with how well the bronco can take a hit after all examples over the last year or so.

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Pictures:

Note To Self: Upgrade to a hitch with a three ball adapter. It will protect your asset.
Sponsored