Sponsored

Bob Blaylock—Future Bronco Owner, I Hope.

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Looking to spend a good chunk of my recent inheritance on a Bronco.

At this point, I know I need to wait for the 2022 model year to configure again, and hopefully get my reservation in., but here's how I configured my wished-for 2021. I'll have to wait and see what's changed for 2022, and start over.

I started out just thinking in terms of a more suitable vehicle for my current profession than the 2016 Dodge Dart that I currently own. At a time when my profession has turned in a direction that sees me spending a lot of time on construction sites, often with very bad terrain, is when, of all the vehicles that I have ever owned, I now have the one that is least suited to it. Even some of the main roads here in Sacramento are rougher than my car really seems up to.

OK, so the off-road capabilities of the Bronco are likely to be serious overkill for my needs; but in looking over various candidate vehicles, looking for a size that seems suitable for me, and a price range that seems suitable for me, and the features that I want, I keep coming back to the Bronco.

I've long considered myself a devout Ford guy. Since my early childhood, it always seemed to me that the best cars my parents had as I grew up were always Fords. My own first car was a 1969 Falcon, a hand-me-down from my parents. By the time they gave it to me, it was very well past its prime, and required constant maintenance to keep it going. No better way for a young man to learn how cars work, how they fail to work, and how to make them work again. When we finally hauled it off to the junkyard in the late 1990s, my wife angrily said “You wouldn't cry that much over me!” I guess there are some things that women just don't get. This picture was taken just before we hauled to to the junkyard. One of my biggest regrets in life is that I did not find some way to hang on to it, and restore it.

Ford Bronco Bob Blaylock—Future Bronco Owner, I Hope. Falcon_Bokeh

When my 1997 Contour was hauled off a few years ago, it marked the first time in about thirty years that I did not own a Ford. or Mercury. I'm now looking to spend a good hunk of my inheritance to remedy that. The Bronco seems the perfect response to what dissatisfactions I have with my current, not-a-Ford, and hopefully it will finally be a worthy successor to my long-gone Falcon..
Sponsored

Last edited:

SpeedTwin

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome to the forum. Lots of knowledgeable people here, and a few sarcastic...

OP
OP
Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
So, in case anyone cares, and is following this thread, I did get my order in, on Saturday, with Serramonte Ford, for a 4-door 2022 Bronco Badlands.

I ended up settling for the soft top, for now, in order to cut the wait time, even though I would much rather have a hard top.

Here's my configuration, as ordered.

Ford Bronco Bob Blaylock—Future Bronco Owner, I Hope. zB2021-10-16_16.31.06

Last edited:

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I say get what you want not what people push you towards. Hope your wait isn't to long either way. Good luck.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I say get what you want not what people push you towards. Hope your wait isn't to long either way. Good luck.
I agree. The "buy once, cry once," theory applies here. I would rather pay a little more, wait a little longer, and get exactly what I want than cheap out or take the easier path and enjoy my vehicle a little less everytime I drive it.

If will equally enjoy the soft top as much as the hard top, the. cool. If you will always regret the soft top, I recommend waiting.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, in case anyone cares, and is following this thread, I did get my order in, on Saturday, with Serramonte Ford, for a 4-door 2022 Bronco Badlands.
Congratulations on your Badlands order. You picked a good dealer. Sean (@Gloff) will take care of you. 👍

OP
OP
Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Congratulations on your Badlands order. You picked a good dealer. Sean (@Gloff) will take care of you. 👍
My wife and I drove quite a distance, and braved Bay Area traffic madness, just to deal with @Gloff, because of the reputation that he has on this forum.

OP
OP
Bob Blaylock

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I agree. The "buy once, cry once," theory applies here. I would rather pay a little more, wait a little longer, and get exactly what I want than cheap out or take the easier path and enjoy my vehicle a little less everytime I drive it.

If will equally enjoy the soft top as much as the hard top, the. cool. If you will always regret the soft top, I recommend waiting.
I was quoted an estimated wait time of fifteen months for the hard top, vs. nine months for the soft top.

I know that I am going to want the hard top, but after test driving a Bronco with the soft top, I decided that I could live with it for however long it takes for me to obtain a hard top to install in its stead.

I made a specific point, during the test drive, unfavorable traffic notwithstanding, to get the vehicle up—in short bursts as traffic allowed—to 80MPH+, just to verify that at that speed, wind noise wasn't going to be much of a problem for me. It really isn't much noisier than my current car, a 2016 Dodge Dart. Of course, once I have a suitable hard top, with a sound-deadening headliner, it'll be even better.

Perhaps the aftermarket will come through with something better/less expensive, in a Bronco hard top, before Ford's version becomes available to me.
Sponsored