Sponsored

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Without a side view its hard to tell, but it looks like you may lose a considerable amount of approach angle.
Sponsored

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Bodyguard bumper on my F250. Extremely well built and looks great. It's 10 years old now so the powder coat is showing some age, but otherwise very nice.

$1500 sounds about right with what was shown in the picture...including pod lights and light bar. Anything custom built in the US is worth it.

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm apparently in the very unpopular group of loving a rear tire delete. I just want that plate to color match either the fenders/top or the paint of the vehicle and I'm all in.

I just like the boxy look of the originals. Delete the tire and give me square fenders and I'm happy.
I think I may be in the spare tire delete camp as well. That way I won't have to buy a fifth wheel and tire.

Honestly I've used my spare one time in 21 years of car ownership and now that I know how to use a plug kit that would have worked. I've been stranded by dead batteries 4 or 5 times but you don't hear of anyone carrying a spare battery.

bniknar

Big Bend
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An old EcoDriver
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think I may be in the spare tire delete camp as well. That way I won't have to buy a fifth wheel and tire.

Honestly I've used my spare one time in 21 years of car ownership and now that I know how to use a plug kit that would have worked. I've been stranded by dead batteries 4 or 5 times but you don't hear of anyone carrying a spare battery.
@bytheway Can you post the link to the Spare Tire Delete kit?

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do they relocated the radar cruise control sensor that is located just below the stock bumper?

IMO Ford should of used 2 sensors on sides instead of one middle as my 2019 Raptor has issues detecting a merging car until its 1/2 way into my lane. 2 sensors would catch the on comming car sooner and allow room for winch.

Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The counter argument to this is if you're actually going to use your Bronco for off-road (as it is intended to be used) then you are very likely to be in a situation where you would need a spare. I've had the sharp end of a branch from a fallen tree puncture a sidewall (not using a plug for that). I've also seen MANY tires come of the bead in an aired down situation. I would also advise having a high-lift jack for the trails as well....

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Signed up mainly to encourage companies to keep developing different stuff for the Bronco. This is the closest I've seen to a nicely integrated winch, even if it is a bit too extra for my taste.

Sponsored

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If I were to do this, I'd carry the spare inside.
My '83 didn't have either an external or internal tire carrier <shrug> when I bought it so I carried the tire inside. It was a PITA.

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

seems like every bumper nowadays has to look like a hammerhead shark

#Hopinandfindout

Wildtrak
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First setup I’ve seen like this. Gives some hope to high package folks wanting a winch. Plus some other goodies like spare tire delete.

https://www.bodyguardbumpers.com/bronco-products/

Ford Bronco Bodyguard Bumper for 2021 Bronco - front bumper with camera relocation and winch download (1)
Ford Bronco Bodyguard Bumper for 2021 Bronco - front bumper with camera relocation and winch download (1)

Added photos/notes by @Gangstead

The highlights:
  • The front and rear bumpers have the parking sensors on them
  • The front bumper has the front camera relocated so the 360° view isn't messed up by the winch. Hard to see in my low light picture but it's a little pump hanging on the bottom of the light bar.
  • This is the most stealthy winch mount I've seen.
  • They were still working on ideas for a front license plate mount
  • I forgot to take a pic of the rock sliders but they had the same silver bolt contrast with the black powder coat and stuck out more so they could function as steps

(sorry for this low quality picture, this was almost dusk so there was almost no light)

Body Guard merchandise is state of the art and the team there are a real class act. I cant wait to talk them into fitting my Bronco sometime in 2032......
Sponsored