Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

seems like every bumper nowadays has to look like a hammerhead shark
Maybe there's a reason for that. Oh, I know, to get as much clearance as possible for... rocks. Big rocks.
Sponsored

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Maybe there's a reason for that. Oh, I know, to get as much clearance as possible for... rocks. Big rocks.
I hear you, sort of. There has been a shift to this type of design in recent years and people were making it over rocks before then.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear you, sort of. There has been a shift to this type of design in recent years and people were making it over rocks before then.
I think we’re also seeing the results of new manufacturing techniques like CNC benders which allows for the multiple folds. Plus the evolution of the overlanding/off-roading sport.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This looks way low and way too heavy. Sort of like a cattle guard or what ever that low bumper was on the front of coal fired steam engines on the rail road. Keep em high and tight bro!!
Like this: Oh,.. and no glitzy bolts and rivets
Ford Bronco Bodyguard Bumper for 2021 Bronco - front bumper with camera relocation and winch all Iphon pics 12-9-14 064.JPG

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 4 year roadside assistance plan that comes with the Bronco. If I were to do this, I'd carry the spare inside.
When I am wheeling or traveling a long way, I bring tire plugs, complete valve stems, a giant can of slime and my compressor I use for airing up after trail rides. I do carry a spare as well. This way you are set for anything.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The counter argument to this is if you're actually going to use your Bronco for off-road (as it is intended to be used) then you are very likely to be in a situation where you would need a spare. I've had the sharp end of a branch from a fallen tree puncture a sidewall (not using a plug for that). I've also seen MANY tires come of the bead in an aired down situation. I would also advise having a high-lift jack for the trails as well....
If you have a stick in the side wall its a perfect opportunity to use the plug. It gets you out of a jam and the tire is junk anyway. Unless you haul your rig on a trailer and it has high dollar BFG super sticky's or Maxxis Trepador M8060's on it then plug as often as you can to get the use out of the tires. A plugged sidewall will get you home. Go prepared either way. spare or no spare.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a stick in the side wall its a perfect opportunity to use the plug. It gets you out of a jam and the tire is junk anyway. Unless you haul your rig on a trailer and it has high dollar BFG super sticky's or Maxxis Trepador M8060's on it then plug as often as you can to get the use out of the tires. A plugged sidewall will get you home. Go prepared either way. spare or no spare.
I said branch, not stick, the hole was fist size...

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why does every aftermarket off-road bumper have to look like it's doing its best stealth bomber impersonation? So many faceted surfaces🙄. I want a bumper that looks like it could be factory but with better function.

Sponsored

Gangstead

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BD 4DR 7MT Soft
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why does every aftermarket off-road bumper have to look like it's doing its best stealth bomber impersonation? So many faceted surfaces🙄. I want a bumper that looks like it could be factory but with better function.
Probably easier to put a sharp bend in the metal than however they make gentle curves (rolling? stamping with a big press and a die?)

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Needs a bit more for me, maybe some more like the A2 Extreme add some additional brush guards, maybe some expanded metal. It’s getting better.

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I pulled the trigger on one...had a blend date of 9/29 so uoping both show up around the same time. I'll post pics

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did the get a special on shinny rivets/washers/screws ? And what's with that center tube bar 😳 probably needed for camera relocation but...
Sponsored