First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have them but I've looked at them. My thoughts are that it is still body mounted even though it appears to be a sturdy design. My worry is that using the jack points could cause damage in some situations.

I'm still waiting on frame mounted. Fun-Haver is suppose to be coming out with them.

Ford Bronco Bodyguard Bumper Sliders? 2005t-ap-dclb_1

These are not the Fun-Haver sliders but this is what I'm looking/ waiting for.

OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have them but I've looked at them. My thoughts are that it is still body mounted even though it appears to be a sturdy design. My worry is that using the jack points could cause damage in some situations.

I'm still waiting on frame mounted. Fun-Haver is suppose to be coming out with them.

Ford Bronco Bodyguard Bumper Sliders? 2005t-ap-dclb_1

These are not the Fun-Haver sliders but this is what I'm looking/ waiting for.
Would you mind elaborating? Aren't the jack points you are referring to on the underside of the frame itself? Or are their jack points on the steps?

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would you mind elaborating? Aren't the jack points you are referring to on the underside of the frame itself? Or are their jack points on the steps?
There are 2 hi-lift jack points built into each slider. They are meant to be used with an aftermarket hi-lift jack. I'm just not fully confident about jacking the truck like that on the body.

Some after market sliders and bumpers have hi-lift jack points built in. Its mostly an offroad only thing. Hi-lift jacks are not the best for standard flat replacement or tire rotations.

But yes, there are standard jacking points under the vehicle for the factory jack or whatever you use at home.

OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are 2 hi-lift jack points built into each slider. They are meant to be used with an aftermarket hi-lift jack. I'm just not fully confident about jacking the truck like that on the body.

Some after market sliders and bumpers have hi-lift jack points built in. Its mostly an offroad only thing. Hi-lift jacks are not the best for standard flat replacement or tire rotations.

But yes, there are standard jacking points under the vehicle for the factory jack or whatever you use at home.
AH got it! thank you!

Sponsored
OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ended up installing these today. Honestly, I’ve never had a more difficult time doing anything in my life.

if you’re going to get these - be advised that you should get different hardware for the bolts That go through the pinch weld. Something a little longer. I fucked around with it for four hours before trying that and in addition to almost breaking my thumb, the level of frustration was off the charts before I swapped out.
But, they’re on there. Look cool. Hopefully they stay functional!

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ended up installing these today. Honestly, I’ve never had a more difficult time doing anything in my life.

if you’re going to get these - be advised that you should get different hardware for the bolts That go through the pinch weld. Something a little longer. I fucked around with it for four hours before trying that and in addition to almost breaking my thumb, the level of frustration was off the charts before I swapped out.
Yep, the stock bolts aren’t long enough to screw into the pinch weld. Guessing the videos on YouTube skipped over this because of sponsorship. Those metal clips are a fun one too.

one of the bolts you’re meant to reuse was also missing from my rails (pretty sure it flew off when I was driving since I ended up running over a screw). So waited a week for those.

I was worried it’d look off because all the videos make it look pretty bulky, but pleasantly surprised at how nice it came out.
Ford Bronco Bodyguard Bumper Sliders? A575767A-53C7-49FC-8F10-87963FE3744A

Last edited:
OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, the stock bolts aren’t long enough to screw into the pinch weld. Guessing the videos on YouTube skipped over this because of sponsorship. Those metal clips are a fun one too.

one of the bolts you’re meant to reuse was also missing from my rails (pretty sure it flew off when I was driving since I ended up running over a screw). So waited a week for those.

I was worried it’d look off because all the videos make it look pretty bulky, but pleasantly surprised at how nice it came out.
yes, same! I'm very happy with them

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Could you share some more pics of the side of your Bronco with the sliders? Wondering if they offer much door-ding protection.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could you share some more pics of the side of your Bronco with the sliders? Wondering if they offer much door-ding protection.
That is the side with the sliders:ROFLMAO:

here’s a better angle of it on another bronco if you’re trying to see how far it sticks passed the door. A fair amount of protection unless you get it from another lifted truck
Ford Bronco Bodyguard Bumper Sliders? E3A8F6F0-4F93-4035-BC97-21FAE2247277

Sponsored

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is the side with the sliders:ROFLMAO:

here’s a better angle of it on another bronco if you’re trying to see how far it sticks passed the door. A fair amount of protection unless you get it from another lifted truck
Ford Bronco Bodyguard Bumper Sliders? E3A8F6F0-4F93-4035-BC97-21FAE2247277

You, sir, are awesome. Thanks so much!

Broncin21

Wildtrak
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Good to know info about the Bodyguard sliders. I'm still leaning towards these sliders for a '21 Sasquatch 2 door. Hope you don't mind answering a few questions: What different hardware did you use for installation? Any other advise to decrease the frustration level? Are you satisfied with the product still? Would you choose anything different now?
I appreciate any comments you wish to share. Thanks

nd4spd569

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good to know info about the Bodyguard sliders. I'm still leaning towards these sliders for a '21 Sasquatch 2 door. Hope you don't mind answering a few questions: What different hardware did you use for installation? Any other advise to decrease the frustration level? Are you satisfied with the product still? Would you choose anything different now?
I appreciate any comments you wish to share. Thanks
You can just get new bolts from Home Depot. they are 5/16” and 1-1/2” long. The ones that come with are 1” long. I did bring the spring nut along to make sure they went in smoothly and fit the threads. I also got a small 4” long adjustable wrench to get the bottom slider nuts tightened as I could not get a socket over mine and I didn’t have smaller wrenches. Have someone help lift it into place while you bolt it in. I did it by myself and it was a lot harder holding and bolting. I like them a lot and would go with them again. I prefer them over the tube style.
Sponsored