Sponsored

Boise: Anyone up for wheeling Memorial Day weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any locals what to hit some trails? I'm thinking of driving down to see my folks and doing a little wheeling while I'm there. It'd be great to get a group together.
Sponsored

NickVise

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m in Idaho Falls. Went up Big Southern Butte yesterday but couldn’t get to the top because there was still too much snow. Definitely interested in trying it again this summer. It’s no joke but the Bronco handled it like a champ.

OP
OP

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been collaborating with @50 and Fabulous to put something together. We're looking at the Owyhees south of Boise.

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2 door, 2022 Transit Connect
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is going to be a BLAST! Made a web site too for the group! www.idabronco.com

Sponsored

IDAbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would 100% be down... but still waiting on my Bronco. Maybe one day...

But glad to see some fellow Idaho Bronco owners getting together.

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would 100% be down... but still waiting on my Bronco. Maybe one day...

But glad to see some fellow Idaho Bronco owners getting together.
Your user name... too funny! Had to loo and see when you signed up ha ha ha guess I wasn't the first to think of www.idabronco.com ha ha ha

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OK - update first - May 29th Sunday eve is the target date and time.
Still working out the exact loop for us. The wife and I did 28 plus miles of recon on the trails yesterday and I think I almost have the perfect loop (I hope).
I want this to be fun and challenging but not anything that would put anyones Bronco at risk. I found a cool route with some good climbs, lots of janky rocky sections, some off camber, steep janky decent's but all something any novice like me can tackle. Including some random smooth sandy roads and deep ruts occasionally. Also looking for those optional lines along the way to challenge the more daring.
The views and trail is epic too so that helps. Right now cattle and calves are all over out there and feels so right for the Bronco to be in the mix of all that.
BTW I am finding spots along the way well suited for our different goat modes... the trail sorcery of our Bronco's is insane BTW. I was using rock crawl mode down a 15 degree janky rock section with hill decent in crawl gear and the combination of all that is just unbelievable.
Maybe we will get out and shoot an edit next time but I didn't want to spend time on cameras and shots... this was a recon mission!

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm interested in getting out in the hills with other Broncos. I'm not big on rock crawling or stuff that needs rock rails and winches, though. I like to go to the tops of mountains and visit the various lookouts up there. My main goal is to take my wife to many of the places that I've been on my motorcycles.

Not clear if I'm available Memorial Day weekend or not, since we'll be traveling to California right before then and may not make it back.

But keep me in mind if any of you want to get a group together. Weekdays are better for me than weekends.

Sponsored

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm interested in getting out in the hills with other Broncos. I'm not big on rock crawling or stuff that needs rock rails and winches, though. I like to go to the tops of mountains and visit the various lookouts up there. My main goal is to take my wife to many of the places that I've been on my motorcycles.

Not clear if I'm available Memorial Day weekend or not, since we'll be traveling to California right before then and may not make it back.

But keep me in mind if any of you want to get a group together. Weekdays are better for me than weekends.
Weekdays work best for me too! I Think the route I have lined up will be perfect fit for what you just described!

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it something that you can show using Google Maps?

For example, I've done this route a few times on a motorcycle through Silver City, then loop around to Oreana:
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/43....1c69ab833!2m2!1d-116.3951105!2d43.0534986!3e0
That looks like a blast and is on the to-do's! I will do another lap around the Wilson Creek route I am working on when we get back from Moab next week. I want to keep it under 3 hours since it will be evening for that one. We should plan this one for ourselves on a weekday? I am off work on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Would one of those days work for you???

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That looks like a blast and is on the to-do's! I will do another lap around the Wilson Creek route I am working on when we get back from Moab next week. I want to keep it under 3 hours since it will be evening for that one. We should plan this one for ourselves on a weekday? I am off work on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Would one of those days work for you???
Does the Wilson Creek route include going to the top of Wilson Peak? This photo was taken on the north-west side of Wilson Peak, right next to the warning sign on the road that you DON'T want to try going up. That's the peak in the background. Getting up it from the south isn't too hard if there isn't snow and mud. I had had the Bronco for less than a week for that one.
fjW782z.jpg

I'm "off work" every day of the week, so any day works with some advanced notice.

Three hours might be cutting it close if that included getting there and getting back. I try to not have a deadline when I head into the hills, other than to get back before dark.

50 and Fabulous

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does the Wilson Creek route include going to the top of Wilson Peak? This photo was taken on the north-west side of Wilson Peak, right next to the warning sign on the road that you DON'T want to try going up. That's the peak in the background. Getting up it from the south isn't too hard if there isn't snow and mud. I had had the Bronco for less than a week for that one.
Ford Bronco Boise: Anyone up for wheeling Memorial Day weekend? fjW782z

I'm "off work" every day of the week, so any day works with some advanced notice.

Three hours might be cutting it close if that included getting there and getting back. I try to not have a deadline when I head into the hills, other than to get back before dark.
NICE! If I can drive the route in 3 hours that equates to more like 4 with a group correct? I could even do a cool 2 hour loop instead for the Sunday eve meet? Got a fun easy route to hard trigger and looking into possibly adding in Opalene gulch section optional loop. Fun trails but I am a newbie beginner so still found it challenging but not anything to sketchy. My wife was nervous in a few sections though so that was fun!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.