Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So I've had my Velocity Blue Black Diamond for 5 days now and couldn't be happier with my order! Here's how my timeline went:

Reservation/deposit made: 7/13/20 @2000 CST
Reservation converted to an order: 1/23/21
Scheduled production week: 6/21/21
Re-scheduled production week: 7/5/21
Re-Re-scheduled producton week: 6/28/21
Blend Date: 7/2/21
Stay at Dirt Mountain: 7/2/21-ish until 10/10/21
Built Date: 10/10/21 with delivery ETA of 10/26/21-11/1/21
Shipped: 10/18/21 with new ETA of 10/30/21 - 11/5/21
Arrived at Shreveport railyard: 11/1/21
Arrived at Wray Ford: 11/5/21

My build info is in my signature, so I'll spare you guys that data. Here's the good stuff.

Ford Bronco BOLD's Blue Bronco Build 20211107_132809
Ford Bronco BOLD's Blue Bronco Build 20211110_121707

Wheels: American Racing AR172 in 17x8, 0 offset
Tires: BFG KO2s in 295/70R17
Stock ride height

The tires rubbed a little going forward at 90% lock, but rubbed a good bit in reverse at 60% lock. I removed the crash bars, so no more rub. I love how the wheels and tires completely change the look of it. I've always been a fan of this style wheel, especially after seeing it on some EBs. I'll have more modifications coming in the future, but my house's budget committee is about to meet and I'll have to restrain myself until I can save for future upgrades.

This thing is a blast to drive and I'm loving seeing it in the driveway each morning as I go to work. I've been driving a 2003 F-150 for a while now that's a basic as it gets (V6, manual locks, windows, 2WD). It's been a great reliable truck, but I'm happy to finally upgrade. First impressions are great so far. Road noise with the MIC is more than I imagined, but I've never owned a vehicle with a removable top of any kind before, so I had no baseline to compare it to. It's not bad, as I can have a normal volume conversation with my daughter in the backseat at 65mph. The 2.3L is perfectly adequate for this vehicle. It doesn't throw me in the back of my seat, although to be fair I'm still doing the break-in, but it doesn't feel sluggish. I think I'll put premium gas in my next tank and see if it feels any different. Ford says it produces more power with premium, but we'll see. A nice tune would really open this thing up, especially if it makes that boost available down low. The 7-speed is a lot of fun. I've had 3 vehicles since my last manual (2008 Mazdaspeed 3) and I'm so glad to get back to it. The clutch is well-balanced, not too light or heavy. I'd say it takes an appropriate amount of force to engage it.

The MGV is awesome. Love the feel and look of it. It seems to be very durable, but time will tell. The speakers do in fact suck in this vehicle. They sound thin and have next to no bass. My 2003 F-150's stock speakers sound way better and more full. I'll look to upgrade those first probably.

One thing I noticed when I took delivery is that there is already some honeycomb action going on with the MIC top. If that was the focus when Ford "fixed" the MIC, it's still an issue with MIC 2.0. I have a good bit on the driver side roof panel and some near the B-pillar on the passenger side. The dealership knows already so I'll monitor that situation. The only reason I think I have the MIC 2.0 is the delay after my blend date. I was "in production" for almost 3 months, so SURELY they were replacing my MIC with MIC 2.0, which didn't seem to fix the visual defect.

That's the only issue I've had so far *knocks on wood* and I look forward to driving this thing every day. I've gotten so many looks and compliments from random people. I had some Wrangler drivers give me the wave, but I of course ignored it. Looking forward to many many years in the Bronco family!

20211106_162547.jpg
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is exactly the Bronco I want and exactly the type of wheels I would put on it. Just beautiful. If I do a roadtrip when I buy one, I will definitely be on the lookout for my twin.

OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is exactly the Bronco I want and exactly the type of wheels I would put on it. Just beautiful. If I do a roadtrip when I buy one, I will definitely be on the lookout for my twin.
Thanks man! Loving it so far.

BlackBeauty1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I've had my Velocity Blue Black Diamond for 5 days now and couldn't be happier with my order! Here's how my timeline went:

My build info is in my signature, so I'll spare you guys that data. Here's the good stuff.

Ford Bronco BOLD's Blue Bronco Build 20211106_162547

Stock ride height

The tires rubbed a little going forward at 90% lock, but rubbed a good bit in reverse at 60% lock. I removed the crash bars, so no more rub. I love how the wheels and tires completely change the look of it. I've always been a fan of this style wheel, especially after seeing it on some EBs. I'll have more modifications coming in the future, but my house's budget committee is about to meet and I'll have to restrain myself until I can save for future upgrades.

This thing is a blast to drive and I'm loving seeing it in the driveway each morning as I go to work. I've been driving a 2003 F-150 for a while now that's a basic as it gets (V6, manual locks, windows, 2WD). It's been a great reliable truck, but I'm happy to finally upgrade. First impressions are great so far. Road noise with the MIC is more than I imagined, but I've never owned a vehicle with a removable top of any kind before, so I had no baseline to compare it to. It's not bad, as I can have a normal volume conversation with my daughter in the backseat at 65mph. The 2.3L is perfectly adequate for this vehicle. It doesn't throw me in the back of my seat, although to be fair I'm still doing the break-in, but it doesn't feel sluggish. I think I'll put premium gas in my next tank and see if it feels any different. Ford says it produces more power with premium, but we'll see. A nice tune would really open this thing up, especially if it makes that boost available down low. The 7-speed is a lot of fun. I've had 3 vehicles since my last manual (2008 Mazdaspeed 3) and I'm so glad to get back to it. The clutch is well-balanced, not too light or heavy. I'd say it takes an appropriate amount of force to engage it.

The MGV is awesome. Love the feel and look of it. It seems to be very durable, but time will tell. The speakers do in fact suck in this vehicle. They sound thin and have next to no bass. My 2003 F-150's stock speakers sound way better and more full. I'll look to upgrade those first probably.

One thing I noticed when I took delivery is that there is already some honeycomb action going on with the MIC top. If that was the focus when Ford "fixed" the MIC, it's still an issue with MIC 2.0. I have a good bit on the driver side roof panel and some near the B-pillar on the passenger side. The dealership knows already so I'll monitor that situation. The only reason I think I have the MIC 2.0 is the delay after my blend date. I was "in production" for almost 3 months, so SURELY they were replacing my MIC with MIC 2.0, which didn't seem to fix the visual defect.

That's the only issue I've had so far *knocks on wood* and I look forward to driving this thing every day. I've gotten so many looks and compliments from random people. I had some Wrangler drivers give me the wave, but I of course ignored it. Looking forward to many many years in the Bronco family!

I wonder if the roof rails are contributing to the wind noise you hear? 🤔 Either way, great looking Bronco!

OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder if the roof rails are contributing to the wind noise you hear? 🤔 Either way, great looking Bronco!
Yeah I've thought about that. I'm going to take them off soon as I want to practice taking off the roof so I'll see how road noise changes when that is done.

Sponsored

Analog Kid

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you happen to test this out yet? I am debating adding rails. (On that note, anyone know if you can add accessories like this after you are scheduled for production?)

OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Did you happen to test this out yet? I am debating adding rails. (On that note, anyone know if you can add accessories like this after you are scheduled for production?)
No I didn’t yet. Haven’t gotten a chance to take rails off. With family in town this week I’ll have some extra hands to maybe do it. I saw another post that attributed a lot of road noise to gaps in the MIC panels so who knows if this actually helps lol.

As far as adding accessories after being scheduled, you missed the cut to have it put on at the factory, but Ford can do it through your dealer. You’ll have to pay shipping though.

Analog Kid

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No I didn’t yet. Haven’t gotten a chance to take rails off. With family in town this week I’ll have some extra hands to maybe do it. I saw another post that attributed a lot of road noise to gaps in the MIC panels so who knows if this actually helps lol.

As far as adding accessories after being scheduled, you missed the cut to have it put on at the factory, but Ford can do it through your dealer. You’ll have to pay shipping though.
Right on, thanks. Enjoy family time and Bronco's first Thanksgiving!

OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Newest upgrade is Sasquatch flares. I got lucky and found someone an hour away who wanted standard flares for their SAS. Just in case anyone is wondering, 2 and 4 door flares are interchangeable. I know that seems obvious but I wouldn’t put it past Ford to have slightly different fitment.
Ford Bronco BOLD's Blue Bronco Build BA8415E8-6C51-430E-8682-4F542ACFA785

Fit is perfect for my needs. My wheels are 0 offset and this covers the poke almost exactly.

Next upgrades in the mail:
Builtright Front License Plate Bracket
Builtright Stubby Antenna
Covercraft Windshield Cover
Protech Anti-Glare screen protectors

Sponsored
OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Added a few parts to the Bronco (still haven’t figured out her name yet). Nothing crazy but stuff I knew I could acquire without needing approval from my house’s budget committee.

1. BuiltRight Industries Front license plate bracket. This is the best option I’ve seen so far and I’ve always been a fan of offset plates. I’ve seen others on here but this suits my taste. Made in the USA too!
https://builtrightind.com/products/license-plate-mount-ford-bronco-2021-w-steel-bumper

2. CTA Tools Torx Plus socket set. These were needed to remove the bolts on the Modular bumper to install the plate bracket. They say Made in USA on the packaging and they claim the same in their Amazon listing. Packaging was junk as the plastic was cut upon arrival. Sockets seem to be good quality though and did the job.CTA Tools 9605 11-Piece Torx Plus Socket Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005OH0ME...t_i_6472J411R2FJ2VBE9F5V?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

3. Cravenspeed stubby antenna. Perfect and easy swap out. No noticeable loss in reception. https://www.cravenspeed.com/the-original-stubby-antenna-for-2021-2022-ford-bronco/

4. Bronco Forum Shop gear hooks. Easy to install and great for hanging bags, dry cleaning, etc.
www.etsy.com/listing/1095884464

Ford Bronco BOLD's Blue Bronco Build A3D98D7F-9604-45E2-8B1B-494E2169ED45
Ford Bronco BOLD's Blue Bronco Build 984DF18F-A644-4D93-B813-7D5CDA1DCCF9
Ford Bronco BOLD's Blue Bronco Build 085D85ED-C717-49EF-B59C-105F73AB0A1C
Ford Bronco BOLD's Blue Bronco Build AB21891F-4F73-4B39-B55D-20B8AD9954E7
Ford Bronco BOLD's Blue Bronco Build AA1D92F2-D697-420F-8319-EACAD27238F7

I had a Screenprotech screen protector ordered but they sent the Bronco Sport version on accident so I’m waiting for the new one. I didn’t take a pic of it but I have the Covercraft windshield cover too. I’ve owned Covercraft windshield covers for every vehicle and love how well they fit and the quality of materials.

Hopefully 2022 brings more BIG additions to the Bronco! Cheers everyone

OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco BOLD's Blue Bronco Build 56BDA90F-00EF-4893-86CE-2B3A378F3871
Ford Bronco BOLD's Blue Bronco Build 5127A0C5-2303-4928-8B0A-33BFA9067DB1

added some more freedom to the Bronco today. @StickerFab distressed American flag inlays. Love them and easy to apply!

Jcirisan

Big Bend
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2033 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Stock ride height

After seeing your pics I believe I am going to be getting a set of those AR Outlaw wheels for my bug bend.

OP
OP
BOLD Renegade93

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After seeing your pics I believe I am going to be getting a set of those AR Outlaw wheels for my bug bend.
I almost went with the Outlaws but decided on the 172s instead. Both are great looking IMO
Sponsored