First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Had so much fun during East Jeep Safari with Ford and the other Broncos. Here is a short clip of how it does in the sand :)
This video is fantastic, Jason :). Thank you so much for sharing!
Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@jswenk any pointers on where in Moab this was? Planning a trip this summer and that looks like a blast

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice video! Looks like y'all had a blast. But, I would rather had listened to the sound of the engine and your reactions than the music! Sincere question, why does everyone feel the need to put music over their videos?
No shit.

cardad

Raptor
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Wrangler 4xe, Rivian R1T, Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
@jswenk any pointers on where in Moab this was? Planning a trip this summer and that looks like a blast
Probably White Wash Sand Dunes. Itā€™s closer to Green River than Moab and you can camp over there so youā€™ll want to plan accordingly. Kind of a schlep from Moab.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Probably White Wash Sand Dunes. Itā€™s closer to Green River than Moab and you can camp over there so youā€™ll want to plan accordingly. Kind of a schlep from Moab.
Okay cool. Iā€™ll have 2.5 days in Moab and finding impossible to decide what to do. šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

cardad

Raptor
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Okay cool. Iā€™ll have 2.5 days in Moab and finding impossible to decide what to do. šŸ˜‚
I live in Moab for much of the year so I know you can get a decent taste of things in 2.5 days.

You may want to avoid the harder ā€œoff roadā€ stuff with that little time because youā€™ll spend a lot of time covering very little ground.

If youā€™re not into rock crawling but want to get on some fun dirt roads you might check out the Bartlett Wash area which has a lot of fun easy trails. I wouldnā€™t get on the technical trails in that area without other vehicles/GPS locator/recovery gear. Then for the one day all out scenic cruise Iā€™d recommend Potash Rd to Shafer which goes by Thelma and Louise point and the area below Deadhorse Point, quick side tour/hike to Mesa Arch (or Island in the Sky), return via Long Canyon with a short unmarked hike at the top (best views here), then either finish with Corona Arch (short hike) or go to Arches after 6 pm (no entry ticket required) and drive to the end and do Landscape Arch. Youā€™ll want to pack food and drinks because itā€™s probably about 4-5 miles of hiking.

If you want to do some rock crawling Iā€™d check out the southern part of Fins Nā€™ Things first which has a variety of obstacles that are easier with detours. If you want to go straight into crapping your pants then do Baby Lions Back which is very short and right off the road (Sand Flats), but Iā€™d watch a video before you do it and Iā€™d recommend a spotter or a camera. For such a short trip I wouldnā€™t recommend any of the longer trails like Hellā€™s Revenge or full Fins Nā€™ Things because they do require a lot of time and get super crowded compared to a lot of the mellower stuff but if you do go up there after 6 (5 or 6 canā€™t remember) you can definitely knock out southern part of Fins

If youā€™re camping then you might want to go to Klondike Bluffs which has some fun trails and you can literally drive next to dinosaur tracks. This is remote camping so you will need to pack your own toilet etc.

If you are in town then the classic ā€easyā€ drive is into Kane Creek and continue on same road to Hurrah Pass which drops you off at the top overlooking the Potash Rd area. For a longer drive you can descend and add on Chicken Corners but just the bottom area is pretty cool with a series of natural caves thatā€™s worth exploring. This is easily a 3-4 hr drive and features a water crossing and driving along cliffs.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I live in Moab for much of the year so I know you can get a decent taste of things in 2.5 days.

You may want to avoid the harder ā€œoff roadā€ stuff with that little time because youā€™ll spend a lot of time covering very little ground.

If youā€™re not into rock crawling but want to get on some fun dirt roads you might check out the Bartlett Wash area which has a lot of fun easy trails. I wouldnā€™t get on the technical trails in that area without other vehicles/GPS locator/recovery gear. Then for the one day all out scenic cruise Iā€™d recommend Potash Rd to Shafer which goes by Thelma and Louise point and the area below Deadhorse Point, quick side tour/hike to Mesa Arch (or Island in the Sky), return via Long Canyon with a short unmarked hike at the top (best views here), then either finish with Corona Arch (short hike) or go to Arches after 6 pm (no entry ticket required) and drive to the end and do Landscape Arch. Youā€™ll want to pack food and drinks because itā€™s probably about 4-5 miles of hiking.

If you want to do some rock crawling Iā€™d check out the southern part of Fins Nā€™ Things first which has a variety of obstacles that are easier with detours. If you want to go straight into crapping your pants then do Baby Lions Back which is very short and right off the road (Sand Flats), but Iā€™d watch a video before you do it and Iā€™d recommend a spotter or a camera. For such a short trip I wouldnā€™t recommend any of the longer trails like Hellā€™s Revenge or full Fins Nā€™ Things because they do require a lot of time and get super crowded compared to a lot of the mellower stuff but if you do go up there after 6 (5 or 6 canā€™t remember) you can definitely knock out southern part of Fins

If youā€™re camping then you might want to go to Klondike Bluffs which has some fun trails and you can literally drive next to dinosaur tracks. This is remote camping so you will need to pack your own toilet etc.

If you are in town then the classic ā€easyā€ drive is into Kane Creek and continue on same road to Hurrah Pass which drops you off at the top overlooking the Potash Rd area. For a longer drive you can descend and add on Chicken Corners but just the bottom area is pretty cool with a series of natural caves thatā€™s worth exploring. This is easily a 3-4 hr drive and features a water crossing and driving along cliffs.
Wow this is awesome. Thank you! What about top of the world? I read the views are amazing but it also looks like itā€™ll take awhile. Iā€™ve read 4 hrs and Iā€™m assuming thatā€™s each way?

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Screw the haters. Thanks for producing some cool, unique Bronco content. Keep it coming.

cardad

Raptor
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow this is awesome. Thank you! What about top of the world? I read the views are amazing but it also looks like itā€™ll take awhile. Iā€™ve read 4 hrs and Iā€™m assuming thatā€™s each way?
I havenā€™t done top of the world but I think Sasquatch with a rear locker should be able to do it if you stay right at the fork but there is damage potential since it has a lot of ledgy obstacles. The Jeep Badge of Honor app is a good place for recent trail reviews but I think the Wrangler can do some things without a front locker that Broncos might struggle with. The start is a bit removed from town but heavily trafficked so you should see a lot of people there on weekends unless itā€™s summer when the heat keeps people away. Moab is surprisingly slow sometimes even when the town is supposedly packed. It takes 40 minutes to drive to the start and then itā€™s probably a solid 4 hours RT. Iā€™m not looking at my book but itā€™s definitely better to start this one earlier in the day in case you run into problems. The hard part is relatively short but itā€™s a slow climb.

RR4W says you need front and rear lockers. But I have also heard people say it helps to have a winch and that you can do it with an open diff so who knows. Obviously 37+ makes the ledges substantially easier but you can always resort to stacking.

https://www.rr4w.com/trail-details.cfm?trailid=38

On the other side of the highway there is an easier trail called Dome Plateau with a difficult option and an easier option that goes by some really cool caves and old mining cabins. Off-roadeo used to take people the hard way which ends in an overlook of the same valley as Top of the World but now I hear they take the easier road (which is still pretty fun for a Bronco in Baja mode), probably because people were damaging vehicles. This area has a lot of cool stuff like arches, caves, big views but even though itā€™s ā€œeasierā€ there is still damage potential and itā€™s easy to get lost. You definitely need onX with a map download.

Top of the World is definitely a bucket list trail but again, itā€™s kind of like the Disney World version of Moab. If you only get 2.5 days you might want to do all the things your friends have heard about like Top of the World, Hellā€™s, and Fins. Thereā€™s just a vast amount of stuff you can do here and personally, with the family in tow they get more out of Baja mode to a cool spot than doing slow moving scary RC stuff ā€¦
Sponsored