@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Instead of rigging up your own fuse, you could probably splice together the red constant and yellow momentary wires to your aux switch wire so that it uses the factory fuse for the switch. I assume that would work but, disclaimer, I've never studied the circuitry of an electronic horse.
Can anyone confirm if this would work? This is what I was planning on doing. Any reason it wouldn’t work?
Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can anyone confirm if this would work? This is what I was planning on doing. Any reason it wouldn’t work?
No reason it really shouldn't, that's a better question for the accessory manufacturer than anything.

OP
OP
AbeFroman

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I tested it this way before going the route I did. It did not work
The trigger signal (yellow wire) needs to be independent of the red positive wire.

I wish it did work, would have made things much easier

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For just $40, this is a pretty solid investment.

portland_lol

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Pinto
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
oh lawd.....is the horn sound limited to a horse or could i realistically get a loop of biden saying "c'mon man"

Sponsored

L&Ebronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey bud, just got my horn in and wanting to get it installed. I found the non powered circuit wires, but can’t actually find the powered aux wires. Do you have a pic of where you found them? Thanks.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Crow #2 will beon aux switch #5
The caw caw was taught to us at an early age ,when spread out at a function or in a big store time to go caw caw .

OP
OP
AbeFroman

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hey bud, just got my horn in and wanting to get it installed. I found the non powered circuit wires, but can’t actually find the powered aux wires. Do you have a pic of where you found them? Thanks.
It seemed to me that the non-powered wires which carry power to the other areas of the truck are in the same wire bundle as the powered ones that go to the aux switches. Here is a picture that shows by color where each wire goes.

Ford Bronco Boom Blaster Horn Installed! This Bronco Sounds Like a Bronco 1630356839412

L&Ebronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It seemed to me that the non-powered wires which carry power to the other areas of the truck are in the same wire bundle as the powered ones that go to the aux switches. Here is a picture that shows by color where each wire goes.

Ford Bronco Boom Blaster Horn Installed! This Bronco Sounds Like a Bronco 1630356839412
Ok, so found the switches. Got it wired up a bit ago. Problem I’m running into is any time we turn momentary power on or start the bronco, the sound plays one time. You having that problem? Wired it up to auxiliary #6. Any help is appreciated.

OP
OP
AbeFroman

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ok, so found the switches. Got it wired up a bit ago. Problem I’m running into is any time we turn momentary power on or start the bronco, the sound plays one time. You having that problem? Wired it up to auxiliary #6. Any help is appreciated.
Does flipping aux 6 trigger it at all, or not work after the startup?

It sounds like the yellow wire is constantly getting power, rather than just momentary.

In mine, Red directly to battery, Black to chassis ground, yellow to aux 6. For me, no sound on start up (although that does sound fun)

when I flip aux 6, it doesn't make the sound until I flip aux 6 back to off again. In that way its a momentary signal that the horn is expecting.

If you want to send pictures that might help

Sponsored

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would like to mix this and this.

BTW, NSFW. You've been horned. I mean warned.

That horse whinny just doesn't do it for me.

L&Ebronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does flipping aux 6 trigger it at all, or not work after the startup?

It sounds like the yellow wire is constantly getting power, rather than just momentary.

In mine, Red directly to battery, Black to chassis ground, yellow to aux 6. For me, no sound on start up (although that does sound fun)

when I flip aux 6, it doesn't make the sound until I flip aux 6 back to off again. In that way its a momentary signal that the horn is expecting.

If you want to send pictures that might help
Yes, it still sounds the horn with the flip of aux 6. I ran red to +battery, black to -battery, and yellow to aux 6. Then I tried running the ground to chassis ground, same thing. Very frustrating. Horn works when I toggle aux off and on. But I don’t like it sounding when starting vehicle.

ABerrio

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's how I'm using Aux 6: https://www.boomblasters.com/product/horse-sounds-car-horn/

Very easy install, there is even a bracket on the front of the battery that serves as a great mounting point.

I simply zip tied it on there, ran the red wire to the battery, black wire to a negative terminal on the body, and the yellow actuation wire to the yellow/orange aux 6 wire. Now everytime I toggle the switch, unsuspecting wranglers get this (Sorry for the shaky video):

I legit turned down my volume because I was expecting something different! Reminded me of the rabbit scene in Monty Python.

• Haha
Reactions: sjp
OP
OP
AbeFroman

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes, it still sounds the horn with the flip of aux 6. I ran red to +battery, black to -battery, and yellow to aux 6. Then I tried running the ground to chassis ground, same thing. Very frustrating. Horn works when I toggle aux off and on. But I don’t like it sounding when starting vehicle.
very strange. When your black wire is connected to the chassis, that’s the same setup I have, not sure why you are getting a different result.

one thing you can test; before I installed permanently, I wanted to test it out. I connected right into the battery, red positive, black negative, and then used the yellow wire to tap the positive terminal to actuate it. As soon as I touched and released the yellow wire from the positive terminal, it would sound. Might be interesting to see if yours works the same way, and if not, ask the manufacturer.
Sponsored