First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
very strange. When your black wire is connected to the chassis, that’s the same setup I have, not sure why you are getting a different result.

one thing you can test; before I installed permanently, I wanted to test it out. I connected right into the battery, red positive, black negative, and then used the yellow wire to tap the positive terminal to actuate it. As soon as I touched and released the yellow wire from the positive terminal, it would sound. Might be interesting to see if yours works the same way, and if not, ask the manufacturer.
I did email the manufacture before I hollered at you. Waiting on their response. And I did the test too, worked just like you described. So confused right now.

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I did email the manufacture before I hollered at you. Waiting on their response. And I did the test too, worked just like you described. So confused right now.
Hey there,

So I just finished installing my silly horse horn, and I was worried I had the same problem as you.

Turns out, I just had the accessory toggle set to the on position by default, which makes it go off every time you start the car.

It seems that blue light on aux switch = off, amber light = on.

Leaving the switch set to blue (off) stops the horn from sounding on start.

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tested it this way before going the route I did. It did not work
The trigger signal (yellow wire) needs to be independent of the red positive wire.

I wish it did work, would have made things much easier
It's hard to roll one's eyes while laughing but I definitely did it while watching that video 😁

Instead of rigging up your own fuse, you could probably splice together the red constant and yellow momentary wires to your aux switch wire so that it uses the factory fuse for the switch. I assume that would work but, disclaimer, I've never studied the circuitry of an electronic horse.
@VoltageDrop , @BaseSquatch , @AbeFroman may I offer a workaround?

Assuming you have plenty of open Aux's left, supply the Red+ Supply wire to let's say Aux#5, leave it in the "On" position and then wire the Yellow Intermittent power supply wire Aux#6.

Should work perfectly that way. I'm going to test it out tomorrow.

OP
OP
AbeFroman

AbeFroman

First Edition
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@VoltageDrop , @BaseSquatch , @AbeFroman may I offer a workaround?

Assuming you have plenty of open Aux's left, supply the Red+ Supply wire to let's say Aux#5, leave it in the "On" position and then wire the Yellow Intermittent power supply wire Aux#6.

Should work perfectly that way. I'm going to test it out tomorrow.
So if I understand your suggestion, you’re saying use a second aux switch to act as a fuse? I would suggest just buying an inline fuse, wire it between the red wire and the battery, and then you only need 1 aux switch to act as the trigger. Or was there another reason to use two switches?

Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

watching old christmas movies reminds me of being a little kid on snow days.

this thing reminds me of being a teenager and flipping through JC Whitney catalogs. I need to see if I still have one.

sure this will get tired, but it will always be hilarious to see someone new roll their eyes. Especially the valet kid when I tell him aux 6 is the immobilizer.

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if I understand your suggestion, you’re saying use a second aux switch to act as a fuse? I would suggest just buying an inline fuse, wire it between the red wire and the battery, and then you only need 1 aux switch to act as the trigger. Or was there another reason to use two switches?
The main reason I thought of this way is that I have an inline fuse supplied via the aux switch at my disposal right now, and I'd have to order an "add a fuse" adapter online and wait a few days for it to arrive 🤣.

But thinking more on this my previously suggested method also has the added benefit of killing the Batt+ supply (and therefore all horn noise) when needed by simply switching that second Aux to the off position. I can see this as being handy should you (or your passenger) so choose to actuate at an inappropriate time, and your soundclip is a length one (I bought the "Big Bertha", which allows you to upload and sound clip you want. I have the Star Wars theme song right now, and this things def. LOUD. So having the option to stop it at the 3sec mark vs. it playing the entire ~30 clip upon activation of the Yellow Int. Power is a nice option to have.

L&Ebronco

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 bronco, 18 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey there,

So I just finished installing my silly horse horn, and I was worried I had the same problem as you.

Turns out, I just had the accessory toggle set to the on position by default, which makes it go off every time you start the car.

Funny you say that. Ended up being my problem too. Felt so stupid once I figured it out.

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Funny you say that. Ended up being my problem too. Felt so stupid once I figured it out.
Glad I wasn’t the only one!

It’s not like there’s a manual or anything to help us out with these damn aux switches.

• Haha
Reactions: Dom

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My kids just bought me this and they surely will regret doing so.
If I understand the install as detailed in this thread, to hook it up to say Aux 6, I need:
- butt connectors
- wire/terminal connectors to the battery
- an inline 5 amp fuse
- some grease
Anything else? Protective sleeves for the wires? A mounting bracket?

Sponsored

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The horn label says 20W, at 12vdc, current rating would be 1.67A. Wires are very small. 2A or 3A fuse might offer better protection.

Graybs

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is so lame. I love it!!

Shesadragon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey there,

😂😂
My neighbors would be so pissed If this went off at 7am every morning when I start the car. I have a neighbor that has crazy spotlights that shine into my bedroom window every night. I should get this and start my car outside his every morning.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet you’re fun at parties. 😂
I'm lots of fun at parties. Just not into stuff that's tacky AF.

I think it's funny my joke bothered you so much you had to revive a 1 1/2 year old thread...
Sponsored