Sponsored

Boomba Racing Ford Bronco Weighted Shift Knob Now Available!

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be fair they're a small manufacturing company and they've had less than one business day to answer. You might give them a couple of days to see what they can figure out.
Fair enough…I hear you. However any response is better than none. Not hard to say, “We’ll consider it.”

That aside, the knob feels great! The only thing I would prefer is if the “cap” was flush, but that would make it difficult to remove, so I understand that engineering decision. Surprisingly, I actually prefer the Delrin to the leather on the OEM knob.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fair enough…I hear you. However any response is better than none. Not hard to say, “We’ll consider it.”

That aside, the knob feels great! The only thing I would prefer is if the “cap” was flush, but that would make it difficult to remove, so I understand that engineering decision. Surprisingly, I actually prefer the Delrin to the leather on the OEM knob.
We apologize for the delay on getting back to you earlier. We've had a very busy Monday and want to say that is something that will be discussed at one of our meetings. We appreciate your feedback and your continued support.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are there any considerations to potentially add a light knurling to the knob for a bit of textured grip?

I also agree that the double logos look a bit whack with the SSK.. If you can purchase everything as a kit, only one should be etched
We appreciate all the feedback and will definitely document all the suggestions we receive.

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really like mine as well, but unfortunately @Boomba Racing refuses to answer whether or not they will offer their SSK without branding, so guess I’ll return mine and wait for another vendor that is responsive to their customers. 🙄
I see it as Dont look a Gift horse in the mouth, along with I can paint, powder coat or file it off it need be.

I don’t mind it, but there are ways to deal with it in the future

rb1961

Base
First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
if anyone is selling their oem leather shifter knob after swapping it out, i am looking for one

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got one...like all have said, easy install, and I love the feel! I like that it's a smidge taller and puts the top of the knob level w/the center console door. w/my elbow resting on the console, my palm now falls perfectly on the top of the shifter. W/the original it felt like I had to reach down slightly...not far enough to be annoying, but now it's perfect!

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

At first i did not like the smooth feel, but it’s growing on me. @Bmadda is 100% accurate on instal (super easy) and also the location in respect to the center console. Sits just right when you are resting your arm/elbow. One thing i noticed was heat…it said it does not transfer heat? Last week, it was pretty hot in FL and did notice it being hot when I got out of work. Never felt that on the stock shift knob. 🤷‍♂️ Could have just been a really hot day?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Overall, I’m a fan. The height with the armrest is perfect as mentioned. I don’t see a need to install the short throw for the $ and effort. Perhaps I’m wrong.

The overall feel is nice - temps are moderate right now, so I can’t comment on that. I sort of wish the bottom/lower edge was beveled a bit more osomething. It seems harsh/cut off.

I’d be interested in some fun replacement caps instead of the gear pattern. I more flush/blank/black one might be preferred.

The added weight is nice. Especially through 1-2-3 gears.

OP
OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Boomba Racing
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boombaracing.com
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Overall, I’m a fan. The height with the armrest is perfect as mentioned. I don’t see a need to install the short throw for the $ and effort. Perhaps I’m wrong.

The overall feel is nice - temps are moderate right now, so I can’t comment on that. I sort of wish the bottom/lower edge was beveled a bit more osomething. It seems harsh/cut off.

I’d be interested in some fun replacement caps instead of the gear pattern. I more flush/blank/black one might be preferred.

Thank you for the feedback we appreciate it.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I second the fun caps, especially when the car already lets you know what gear you’re in if someone you’re teachings unsure or for us owners, we already know
Sponsored