Sponsored

Boomba Racing Ford Bronco Weighted Shift Knob Now Available!

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is way too much black in the interior.

This was my primary choice but I went with the first aftermarket shifter that matched the trim color.

Sponsored

Sponsored

ToddGreen

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2022
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Still have it, still love it. 1000 X better than Ford knob
For those that have the Boomba shift knob - I’m wondering how the bottom of the knob feels to use? It looks like it doesn’t connect flush with the shifter at the bottom like the OEM knob, which has a metal ring that connects at the bottom. How does that feel to operate?

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
For those that have the Boomba shift knob - I’m wondering how the bottom of the knob feels to use? It looks like it doesn’t connect flush with the shifter at the bottom like the OEM knob, which has a metal ring that connects at the bottom. How does that feel to operate?
I never noticed to be honest, it's fine. The lockout needs to slip up under the knob, fits fine.

The only thing I want to be different is I really like the height of the B&M shifter, but I guess not enough to have pulled the trigger on it yet.

My thoughts are that the twisted shifter knob look kinda junky, and people been waiting forever on the AR. The Ford one is junk, I think it's meant to be replaced(at least on the base). And with ford not producing manuals there not going to be a lot of manufacturers producing knobs, just not a big market for them.

So with all that, I'm very happy with boomba. Even with others possibly coming out I see no reason to get another knob

You also need to consider it is something you are always touching, like steering wheel, you want it to feel great, solid