Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope, I'm still excited. I'd like a little more info, but I still can't wait.
Sponsored

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I still have a two year wait before I buy. So I have to go though....

• Build and price discussion and bitching
  • Ordering discussion and bitching
  • Waiting discussion and bitching
  • Potential order delivery delays discussion and bitching
  • Post delivery discussion and bitching
  • I wish I hadn't ordered the Sasquatch package discussion and bitching
  • I'm trading mine in for a Wrangler or 4Runner discussion and bitching
  • I can't find one on any dealer lot discussion and bitching
And then that all starts over again for MY 2022.
Garemlin,

As someone that checks in here about 3 times a day am having similar thoughts.
Feel that I'm waiting for progress ,, but praying for patience.

With some experience with project management in a past life, I started to think about keeping my objectives and decision points in mind , through all the clutter and distractions , and trying not to lose sight of my priorities through what could be a long-ish wait.

Then, just for fun listed out some probable milestones that many of us will be waiting for before we can get to the point of being able to place an order, or being able to make a decision to place an order with confidence that we have enough information to optimize the configuration to our perferences.

Submitted for your consideration::

Milestone 1 - A configurator tool
Milestone 2 - Precise pricing information
Milestone 3 - Ability to accurately determine what some not-well-defined features really mean and what feature combinations are really available, what items are a'la carte.
Milestone 4 - Arrival in dealer showrooms for in-person evaluation of colors, fit and finish, 'look and feel' evaluations.
Milestone 5 - Available for test drive and general operations at dealerships.
Milestone 6 - Point in time where you are able to walk into a dealership and they are able to accurately configure your purchase and place the order
Milestone 7 - Post-delivery live reports from new owners (how they feel about various configurations or features)
Milestone 8 - When the backlog of reservation orders is down far enough that you can get a somewhat reliable deliver date estimate _and_ pricing has settled down.
Milestone 9 - Some buyers will want to wait for 2nd model year to watch for any serious glitches with the first units out of the factory.
Milestone 10 - Release of details in the new, improved, or changed features or configurations for the second model year

Some of you all can likely add in some other significant milestone events to this list and certainly we can come up with about 1/2 million specific feature and configuration parameters we are hoping and waiting for.

Different people will be able to make a decision at different points in the timeline. For me it looks like it will be about a year before I can be serious and making a decision.

I certainly don't understand the reason(s) for the way the roll-out is unfolding. Am guessing that there are some really expensive marketing 'experts' involved. The product is looking great so far, so maybe the awkwardness of the roll-out is simply that Ford has their hands full and are concentrating on the important quality issues and will give us more info/details when they can get around to it.

So one reason for my typing this out is to say to you all - look down the milestones or a timeline you imagine, considering your wants and decision criteria, and you will likely see that its going to be some months and months to go. So be patient. The objective is driving off the lot with a quality product that you are happy to have configured in the best way possible for your wants and needs.

rak2

thehermdawg10

Base
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, 1985 Toyota Corolla GTS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm starting to be over it, I realize patience is key in a process like this, but the lack of info and the seemingly unprepared way Ford is handling this is bugging me. Plus I may need a car sooner than whenever my Bronco would show up so thats a factor as well.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As much as I want to take my frustrations out on Ford, let's not forget that the "sky is falling" mentality over covid has likely played a huge role.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are two groups of buyers--

Group A: absolutely HAS to have a Bronco, because it either speaks to them, or they would be Jeep customers, but won't buy Jeep for whatever reason.

Group B: likes Bronco, but doesn't NEED it and is shopping Bronco against other options like the 4runner, Jeep, etc.

I can see why Group B could be tired of waiting, especially when more delays seem likely. IMO I don't think anybody should expect to take delivery of a Bronco until this time next year, and that's if you got your reservation within minutes of open.

Personally, I'm in Group A -- Bronco lodged itself deep in the recesses of my brain and I don't think I'll ever get it out. Wasn't planning on a new car purchase so I'm fine waiting.

Sponsored

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I joined the fun late in the game, mid-August, so I know I'll be waiting a while for my WIldTrak but that's just that much longer I get to enjoy my Hellcat. I do hope a bunch of folks get fed up and cancel their reservations or don't place orders so I can move up in the queue.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As much as I want to take my frustrations out on Ford, let's not forget that the "sky is falling" mentality over covid has likely played a huge role.
Very true. Crazy times we're going through.

Reldn

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4Runner SR5P, '17 Patriot, '04 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not over it per se, but, I'm definitely growing tired and losing a bit of my initial excitement due to the lack of information and poor communication from Ford, and they keep promising this B&P that keeps failing to materialize.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Once I saw the bronco I knew I wanted it and actually don't mind waiting cause then I should be able to put $10k down. I have just lost interest because of the lack of info, but that hasn't changed the fact that I am getting one. I don't need a new car so I'm ok waiting.

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is a Covid year, nothing is as it should be. It's also a possibility that next year will be similar or worst. Manufacturer's existence may take precedence over B & P or color choices.
* vaccine may fix everything

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I feel like it will take forever and the second you think about another vehicle, you should March down to your dealer and demand your deposit back. Also let the admins know, so I can track my progress up the list.
Why bother going to the dealer? Cancel online.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The timing is ok, lets me iron things out. Had a good conversation about taking delivery, savings and about planning out the next year or so today. My plans continue to be refined well screw it.
Back to waffling on the number of doors but more set on what I am buying. Need build and price to hammer it out and go visit my current dealer. I want to give them a chance to give me something in writing before I switch. Wait wait wait. Would like to get pricing information so I could nail things down....

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was looking at the Ranger B&P last night and you can get a base model 4x4 with a locker and have double the towing for less than 30k. Only problem is I'm not a fan of the front end. If it looked more like the Bronco front end it would be a good looking truck.
And no cost auto trans

Tvcraig75

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Group A: absolutely HAS to have a Bronco, because it either speaks to them, or they would be Jeep customers, but won't buy Jeep for whatever reason.

Group B: likes Bronco, but doesn't NEED it and is shopping Bronco against other options like the 4runner, Jeep, etc.

I can see why Group B could be tired of waiting, especially when more delays seem likely. IMO I don't think anybody should expect to take delivery of a Bronco until this time next year, and that's if you got your reservation within minutes of open.

Personally, I'm in Group A -- Bronco lodged itself deep in the recesses of my brain and I don't think I'll ever get it out. Wasn't planning on a new car purchase so I'm fine waiting.
There should be group C. Owns a 4Runner, etc..., ready to switch to something new but can wait while being excited.

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good points. I'm a Group B person.

I'm sorta tired of gimmicks and games (tweet semantics, "Easter Eggs", this or that trim in the wild, photoshop paint swatches, surveys, etc).

Add lack of info to the fact that I am wondering if it'll be 15 months before the truck ever shows up, and it just starts to grind on you.

Still holding onto the reservation, and I'd like a Bronco, but the longer it drags, the less special it feels.

Sponsored