Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
  • Banned
Was browsing my local Ford dealers websites and noticed some good news, but also some bad news. The good news is the Broncos are finally coming! The bad news is.... it's an unrelenting sea of ocean blues and cloudy grays. While I love Area 51 and the new Azure color is nice too, I just think A51 is kind of played out. Of 24 in-transit Broncos within a 100-mile range of me, there' s only 1 race red and 2 shadow blacks. And if that wasn't bad enough, there isn't a SINGLE real 2-door Bronco.

I know Ford will have zero problems selling each and every one of these, but for such a cool vehicle it just seems like such a shame that there isn't a more robust and exciting range of colors to choose from. I can't help but be a little jealous of all the fun colors that Dodges offers for their Jeeps and Challengers.

Does anyone else feel the way I do? Or are you happy with the current paint options?

Ford Bronco Boring paint options? boring broncos
Sponsored

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree mostly. However I love my Hot Pepper Red 2 door Badsquatch. I think that color is so cool.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Boring paint options? Or Boring people?

I'm not going to hate on the muted (Ford)blues, at least it's a color.

Can't have everyone looking good...

you know what really doesn't look good? The 4 door, still and always will be a pig, but whatever man, just makes me look that much better.

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just yesterday I completed a Ford Bronco survey that was sent to me. My final comment was how Ford should forget conducting exterior color studies and just realize the world is full of colors other than gray.

Sponsored

Builder

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 CC F350 4x4, 2002 F150 4x4, 2013 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ITS THE PEOPLE FOLK's they're the ones ordering the boring colors. not fords problem . they cook them when they are ordered.
The truth is that a lot of people were waiting on their Bronco that they ordered in their chosen color and Ford basically said, we know you ordered the only fun color that we offered on the Bronco but we changed our mind about that but here is another color of grey also known as Area52 for you.

OP
OP

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
  • Banned
ITS THE PEOPLE FOLK's they're the ones ordering the boring colors. not fords problem . they cook them when they are ordered.
Is it? These are dealer vehicles headed for the lot. While I won't deny that silver and gray aren't popular options and they definitely have their fans, it seems to me we're in a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy. If the dealers are only ordering broncos in Gray and Area 51... then that's automatically going to be the most "popular" paint, regardless if buyers would have preferred something else. With as hot as the Bronco is, it's not like they would have trouble selling a few more HPRs or a code oranges... so that begs the question, why is Ford or at least these 2 dealerships (I don't know what other dealer lots look like) so conservative with how they spec their orders?

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some people like myself like the A51 and CG along with the reds and such. Except I find it a little too much if it parks out front. I’ve always liked white, black and gray. So an A51 is stepping it up for me.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree. What happened to antimatter blue?
It has been discontinued, but my 2021 is superdeluxe!

I convinced my niece and nephews that one of my overhead switches controlled the color. They got in the Bronco when it was cloudy and it looked black. Then I had them flip the switch just as the sun was coming out (and they were exiting) and the Bronco looked much more blue!

Ford Bronco Boring paint options? Bronco At Northville Hills Entrance
Sponsored