John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

We're back again with EVEN more goodies for the Bronco platform, this time from our adventure-focused Borne Off-Road brand to add even more protection for your wilderness adventures! Head over to our Engineering Blog to learn more!

HIGH HORSE – 2021+ FORD BRONCO BORNE OFF-ROAD SNORKEL R&D, PART 1 – CONCEPT AND DESIGN PLANS

NT6_9156.jpg

The Bronco rolled back into relevance on a high horse. During the decades-long hiatus from the streets and trails, Ford had ample time to plot their domination of the off-roader market, and so far, it seems to be going to plan. From towering tires to sophisticated trail cameras and everything in between, these Broncos roll off the assembly line fully prepared to dominate any obstacle that gets in their way. However, as well equipped as these wild machines are, even the most prepared adventurer can find themselves tumbling from that high horse, so adding layers of protection is ideal.

One of the best means of protecting your Bronco from the trials and tribulations of the great outdoors is with a snorkel. But with all of the protective measures integrated into the Bronco’s design, how would raising the EcoBoost’s induction point keep the engine internals safe? Well, we’re glad you asked! Continue Reading...[/Quote]

FAQ

When can I get my Snorkel?

While we've already dug in on this project, we still have a ways to go in terms of testing and production. We are currently slotted to begin shipping by early Spring 2023, but we'll keep you guys posted as this project progresses

How much will this Snorkel Cost?
Our pricing is still being finalized currently, but we anticipate a price of around $500-700 for the kit. We will also have a discounted presale price available for a limited time before we launch

Thanks guys! As always, feel free to reach out with any questions you might have!

-Nick
Sponsored

Chrisr24

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So excited for this! Take my money please

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hate teasers... 😜

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

Just bumping this thread with another update as we progress through the development of this project! Make sure that you head over to the Engineering Blog to get the full scoop!

HIGH HORSE – FORD BRONCO BORNE OFF-ROAD SNORKEL R&D, PART 2 – PROTOTYPE

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D Thread NT6_0002

Also in our last post, we showed off our new design inside our digital modeling workspace. Using this software and our Faro Design ScanArm, our Ye could generate a virtual replica of the front of the Bronco to bring this design to life. As thorough and accurate as these engineering aides are, nothing quite beats physically installing the new design on the vehicle, so we turned to the help of our 3D printers. Continue Reading...

As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

-Nick

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

I just wanted to give this thread a quick bump with a couple of new photos I grabbed of our production sample the other day:

And here's what you see from the driver's seat:

More to come soon!

-Nick

Bigguyry2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How come everyone is cutting fenders instead of chopping a $100 plastic cowl trim piece to route it out of the hood

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How come everyone is cutting fenders instead of chopping a $100 plastic cowl trim piece to route it out of the hood

I'm not an engineer, and I haven't had a chance to actually look at Bronco that close, but usually the cowl area captures water in routed to a drain tube somewhere.

If you were to just cut a hole in it, you'd be creating a leak... Not to mention you can't cut down usually because that's inside the cab.
Sponsored