First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ah, no sense in trying to heat a thermoset polymer, that never ends well. I suppose if I'm cutting a hole for the snorkel, modifying a fiberglass flare to fit the snorkel if necessary would be the better option. Thanks for the info, John đź‘Ť
Hey @Tex - in for a penny, in for a pound?! Happy to help. Let me know if you have any other questions!

- John
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here are some cool installed photos for you all!

This shows the seamless integration with our Intake + Snorkel (plus that cover on the front of the inlet which goes to the front grille). This also shows our 2.7L Intercooler Pipe Kit.

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D Full-Bronco-Suite-Installed-WEB_1

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D Full-Bronco-Suite-Installed-WEB_2

- John

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Really clean looking install, everything looks well thought out integrating the airbox and intercooler pipes together. Between this and the high mount intercooler I'm probably going to end up replacing the entire intake with your stuff.

Curious, what kind of power would all of this net together?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @Tex - There are a million dyno configurations between 2.3L and 2.7L and the multitude of products we have for each, but unfortunately we did not run that combination.

For the 2.7L intake, we saw 7.5hp & 7.4tq gains. For the 2.7L intercooler pipes (alone), we saw 5.4hp & 6.1tq gains. Although not as simple as adding these numbers together, my hypothesis is that you'd land somewhere in the middle.

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D 1681912846438

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D 1681912913418

- John

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will say... at least it looks like more R&D went into this snorkel than another company's snorkel that I installed...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Bronco Community - Just a heads up that we are about to wrap up our pre-sale. Thanks for all of the support. Get those orders in!

- John

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Completed install last week and what a super job from everyone involved over at Mishimoto. Shipping was fast and everything well packaged. Instructions were simple to follow and reference quickly during install and templates were spot on with tips for successful cuts. I used a jigsaw with a metal cutting blade and ended up with a clean cut. Then one quick pass with my file just to verify I had no burrs. I’m running a GOBI rack and wasn’t entirely sure this would fit but using the provided optional light mount and installing it under the snorkel mount for a spacer provided the clearance I needed to bolt the snorkel down.
IMG_1405.jpeg
IMG_1409.jpeg
IMG_1411.jpeg
IMG_1413.jpeg
IMG_1414.jpeg
IMG_1415.jpeg
IMG_1420.jpeg
IMG_1421.jpeg
IMG_1422.jpeg

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So did a little fishing today and at around 7400’ elevation the turbo sound was amazing. Listening to them spool up through the snorkel over Hank Williams Jr on the radio put a smile on my face.

whiteox

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Joel, OUTSTANDING PICS! Fender/quarter panel removal necessary to accomplish cut? Is fender removal simple? Looks great, professional job, kudos to you! Tommy Bronc

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Joel, OUTSTANDING PICS! Fender/quarter panel removal necessary to accomplish cut? Is fender removal simple? Looks great, professional job, kudos to you! Tommy Bronc
Appreciate the kind words! Yes removal is necessary but isn’t difficult. You wouldn’t want to chance drilling into the washer reservoir. For me, I have a winch plate that restricted me from removing the entire grill but there was plenty of room to just unclip the passenger side to get the fender removed. Also the plastic screws used on the wheel well cover can be tricky. I was lucky enough to get those out damage free. The couple that were stuck, I used either my finger or blade to hold the outer plastic while I gently turned the screws ensuring I was careful to not apply any downward pressure on the screw head. One tip that I don’t recall if it was in the instructions was I taped then glued my template before I pulled the fender. I did this so I could visualize everything appeared aligned while being mounted.

Last edited:

Sponsored

whiteox

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Joel, The "optional light mount", provided by GOBI or BORNE? No GOBI here but have larger PIAA circular ditch lights. Snorkel side ditch light will need to be moved further to the right. Many thanks, Tommy Bronc

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The mount is included from Borne. I was concerned that even with it, light would reflect off the snorkel but it gets around it perfectly and puts my light at a better angle to get out into the ditch without reflecting off the hood.

Cheers!
Sponsored