Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any pics from drivers side front. How big is the gap between A-Piller and snorkel?
Sponsored

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sure thing!

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D NTR_9340

-Nick
Love the design. Couple things I notice :
- That gap, I wish there was a way to make the A Pillar and "downtube" come together.
- The air intake grill : WIll there be a way to put a filter in there for dust, like a "pre-filter". The snorkel is especially helpful with dust.
- Sometimes I see the intake reversed, pointing backwards. I dont know why people do that, maybe for dust. This looks like it can pivot.
- Some snorkels have a "hat" - that appears to keep rain out....

* ok thats alot. super curious about this project. looks like thoughtful work!!

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the design. Couple things I notice :
- That gap, I wish there was a way to make the A Pillar and "downtube" come together.
- The air intake grill : WIll there be a way to put a filter in there for dust, like a "pre-filter". The snorkel is especially helpful with dust.
- Sometimes I see the intake reversed, pointing backwards. I dont know why people do that, maybe for dust. This looks like it can pivot.
- Some snorkels have a "hat" - that appears to keep rain out....

* ok thats alot. super curious about this project. looks like thoughtful work!!
Great questions!

I'll also have more info on just these topics coming in the next blog update too, but here's some more info on these specific questions!

- The gap between the A-pillar and the snorkel was left for a reason, which is primarily to reduce flow restriction when only using the snorkel. Adding that much length of tubing to an intake has a negative effect on air flow no matter the circumstances so we wanted to make sure that our design kept things flowing smoothly.

- Yep! The head can be rotated and removed for those extra dusty terrains. We used a standard sized head opening so that you'll still be able to use cyclone separators and pre-filters with our snorkel setup

- I can get some more photos of these but our head does have a sort of asymmetric shape with the top section hanging over slightly. We also incorporated two drain holes on our design as well for any rain that does sneak its way in to the snorkel. The first is right after the first bend, and the other is right before it transitions into the airbox

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Nick

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Guys!

Just a quick bump since we've been doing some work on this behind the scenes. WE made some minor adjustments to our design and our latest sample arrived today! We're working on our final test fit and install guide this week. More to come soon!

-Nick

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That gap!!! :oops:

Customers look for two things when purchasing products: performance and styling. Which first depends on the customer and the product.

Given that the Bronco can never be submerged enough to actually require a snorkel (for reasons other than air intake) - I would think styling would take precedence over performance for this application.

That huge gap is certainly not very stylish. It smacks of something somebody made out of PVC pipe from home depot.

Padams7

Badlands
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wondering how this will work with the Gobi Roof Rack?

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wondering how this will work with the Gobi Roof Rack?
Hey @Padams7 - from the photos we have seen of the Gobi Roof Rack, there should be enough clearance between the A-pillar and our snorkel for both products to live together. We have not personally test fit this in house, though.

- John P

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey @Padams7 - from the photos we have seen of the Gobi Roof Rack, there should be enough clearance between the A-pillar and our snorkel for both products to live together. We have not personally test fit this in house, though.

- John P
Let me know if you'd like to send me one and I'll test fit for you. From what I see this is the only snorkel that might work with Gobi.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Let me know if you'd like to send me one and I'll test fit for you. From what I see this is the only snorkel that might work with Gobi.
Hey @GrumpyVet - thanks for the offer. I will check to see if we have an additional unit to send over. I will send you a DM.

While we are in the process of bringing this product to market, I thought now might be a good time to share some cool features.

Removeable/adjustable head + water drain
Some people prefer to run their head facing backward or prefer different head designs altogether. Our removable/adjustable head allows you to customize it depending on geographic (dusty) or weather (rainy) conditions.

The upper portion of the snorkel tube has a drain so that if you run into a freak rainstorm, the rain will hit the back of the snorkel head and drain out this hole.

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D Bronco Snorkel Water Outlet

Front airbox inlet cap
Our snorkel includes a cap to seal the front OEM airbox inlet (the inlet which draws air from the front grille). Because our 2.3L and 2.7L intakes utilize the stock inlet (with dust flap), this cap will also work with our intakes.

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D NT6_9119

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D 1677251835853

I hope everyone has a rad weekend wheeling!

- John P

Sponsored

tdiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F150, 2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been watching for a snorkel that works with the Gobi too. @GrumpyVet beat me to it but if you need any additional testing let me know.

Bronco UT

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Mishimoto I appreciate the work you guys are putting into this design. I have to agree with others here, though, that the gap is a deal breaker for me.

I understand the need to minimize bends and flow restrictions, but there has to be a way to get over the mirror mount and hug the A pillar without cutting off the flow. The everglades snorkel accomplishes this. The current gap is not the most appealing and also offers no support to the snorkel when driving through tree branches etc.

For what it's worth, I think you'll lose a significant number of customers by not adjusting your current design!

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D Capture.JPG

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Let’s be honest, how many people are going to submerge their $50k+ rig that deep in water.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Mishimoto I appreciate the work you guys are putting into this design. I have to agree with others here, though, that the gap is a deal breaker for me.

I understand the need to minimize bends and flow restrictions, but there has to be a way to get over the mirror mount and hug the A pillar without cutting off the flow. The everglades snorkel accomplishes this. The current gap is not the most appealing and also offers no support to the snorkel when driving through tree branches etc.

For what it's worth, I think you'll lose a significant number of customers by not adjusting your current design!
Hi @BroncoUT - thank you, we appreciate the feedback. We understand that our current design might not be for everyone.

- John

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Snorkel pre-sale announcement!!! [link here]

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D MMAI-BR-21N_2

When will my order ship?
We are targeting a 4/20/2023 ship date.

How long will the pre-sale pricing last?
Pre-sale pricing will last until the first units ship around 4/20/2023 (I'll give everyone a heads up before the pre-sale pricing is closed out).

What if I get an automated email about my product being on backorder?
Yes, this is a systems limitation on our side and you might receive more than one backorder email. Sorry it's such a pain, but remember you are ordering a product before we have 100% of the items ready to be shipped.

What if I already have a Mishimoto intake?
Make sure to select the 'Mishimoto Intake' from the dropdown on the product page. This will ensure you receive the adapter designed specifically for our Mishimoto intakes.

Can I bundle a Mishimoto intake with the snorkel?
You bet. We are still finalizing these pre-sale pages. I am hoping to have them up later this week or early next week.

What's with the Snorkel Airbox Adapter?
This is meant to customers who buy our snorkel and then later want to upgrade to one of our intakes.

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D MMAI-BR-21NMM_1

^this is the kit with the airbox adapter designed for the Mishimoto intake, specifically

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D MMAI-BR-21NS_1

^this is the kit with the airbox adapter designed for the stock intake

Ford Bronco Borne Off-Road Snorkel R&D NT6_6904

^this image shows how we connect to the stock airbox. It also shows the included plug for the front of the intake inlet (near the grille). Note - disassembled Bronco with no fender.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

- John P
Sponsored