Sponsored

Borrowed 2DR Outer Banks MIC for 24 hours. Any questions?

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealer let me borrow this thing for 24 hours! Anything you guys want to know / see?

Ford Bronco Borrowed 2DR Outer Banks MIC for 24 hours.  Any questions? 63DD7DD8-E804-4F58-88B4-60E27BB3986D

Only been poking around for the last 15 minutes and already even more excited for my 4DR Badlands to eventually be built. I’m not allowed to take the door / roof off, sadly. Apparently someone who borrowed it before me damaged one of the doors doing so, so they nixed that pretty quick.
Sponsored

OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you bring it to SLC?

;)
Afraid that might breach the 100 mile limit and cost a pretty penny at $.25/mile overage…

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What dealer my friend. The ones around me in NC won't allow test drives, but I can drive to a dealer that will.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does the trail armor look better in person?
Also have you test driven a 4door? If so, how does the 2dr's zippyness compare?

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you put a tape measure from ground to top of roof rack? I've got a low garage and from the pic it looks like a tight fit for you too

OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Out driving right now and meeting up with a Jeep buddy who snagged a 4XE recently. Will answer these later tonight! Happy to snap any photos tomorrow morning since it’ll be dark before I’m home today.

RyanM

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does it have the roast interior? If so, what are your thoughts on the dash? If cloth seats, what are your thoughts on their durability?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you take the back seats out and make a video?!😀 kidding that would probably be a pia

Sponsored
OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you take the back seats out and make a video?!😀 kidding that would probably be a pia
I have big dogs. Literally the first thing I did when I got home was see how difficult it would be to remove seats. I will probably try that in the morning. Looks like it’s just 4 bolts.

That said, I was pleasantly surprised at how flat the back folds down to. If this is how much room the 2DR has, my dogs will be ecstatic in the 4DR.

Ford Bronco Borrowed 2DR Outer Banks MIC for 24 hours.  Any questions? 77990FD2-DF7E-406C-8DF6-85F79DE2E4D6

OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What dealer my friend. The ones around me in NC won't allow test drives, but I can drive to a dealer that will.
Capital Ford in Charlotte. I don't know if they are only doing this for people who have already ordered or not. I just got an email from them 2-3 weeks ago saying they were getting one in and letting people with orders borrow it for up to 24 hours / 100 miles.

Worth calling them and seeing if you can swing by and at least test drive, if not borrow.

Enjoy your time with it. No requests from me, but damn that trail armor is ugly AF.
Agreed.

Does the trail armor look better in person?
Also have you test driven a 4door? If so, how does the 2dr's zippyness compare?
I think the trail armor is ugly in person. Also noticed while driving that the corners of it on the hood aren't flush with the hood itself. There's a couple inches with like a 1/8-1/4" gap and there were already crepe myrtle flowers stuck in it.

Have not driven (or even been in) the 4-door. Compared to a 4-cylinder turbo Wrangler, I would say it's similar zippiness around the city, but only in Sport mode. In normal mode it clearly has plenty of torque, but is sluggish on acceleration. On the highway in either mode, it slugs down a little above 50 mph in my opinion. Definitely feels capable, but I wouldn't be relying on rapid acceleration at highway speeds.

I might ask the sales manager if he'll take me for a ride in his 4-door soft top tomorrow, because I'm curious how much noise the soft top produces. Seeing people with later reservations than me and identical builds except for the soft top get build dates in September is making me reaaaaally consider switching. Wish there was a good aftermarket modular hard top in production.

Here's the manager's personal 4-door with a bunch of aftermarket upgrades:

Ford Bronco Borrowed 2DR Outer Banks MIC for 24 hours.  Any questions? IMG_6221 copy

Can you put a tape measure from ground to top of roof rack? I've got a low garage and from the pic it looks like a tight fit for you too
Roughly 76-77".

Does it have the roast interior? If so, what are your thoughts on the dash? If cloth seats, what are your thoughts on their durability?
Yes to roast interior. Honestly I was very happy with the dash quality. From the complaints on this board, I was expecting it to be way cheaper. Is it soft touch? Nah. But the fit and finish of everything is clean and feels strong. All the handles everywhere are great. My buddy who has been a Jeep guy for many many years said no one would complain at all coming from a Jeep and that it's a huge jump up in his opinion. I agree from the few times I've rented / driven Wranglers.

OP
OP
one800higgins

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just pulled up the equipment info on this build, in case anyone's curious...

- High package (313A)
- Modular steel front bumper
- Cargo area protector
- Towing package
- Connected nav (I thought this was a Lux exclusive, but apparently you can get it for $700 🤣)
- Aux switches
- Roof rails
- Leather trim / vinyl roast

Freyer

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Base CG 2dr manual & '22 Miata Club
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

NC - Charlotte Mark Ficken Ford has 2 on the lot...I have scheduled a test drive of the Badlands 4dr soft manual for tomorrow...also have a Wildtrack 4dr softtop but with the auto...imagine both are avaialbe for test drives. Susan Younis is the scheduler...704-552-2760

jllanglo

First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are you able to fit a golf bag in the rear or diagonally with the seats folded flat?
Sponsored