broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just picked up my 2022 Badlands with MIC top. My friend and neighbor just picked his too.
We went to the best touchless car wash in town and both our Broncos tops leaked at several spots. Including above rear seats, above driver side (I got several water droplets in my face during the wash).
The front passenger window also leaked at the bottom next to the mirror, on BOTH broncos. That means even if my MIC was changed it would still leak at least at that spot.

I have not removed the hardtop so this is not user error. I checked all the seams and the connections and everything looks perfectly in place.

I reserved my Bronco 7 minutes after the reveal, and having water in your face at a car wash after 10 miles of ownership and $60K less in your pocket is not the best feeling. The fact that my friend’s Bronco is exactly the same is not reassuring either…

C83BFF25-1198-461E-9382-4F519037D65E.jpeg

4089E0AB-727F-4B7A-A28C-D4CFAEF5F484.jpeg

994F20B0-DFDD-4F42-AB51-26F7FBF2E18C.jpeg

416C37D0-8D00-40C0-848C-BE206C2F6386.jpeg
Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will suggest you researching what you bought. EVERY open top 4x4 hard top, and most covnertibles period, will leak water if you drive them through a high pressure wash. It does not mean anything is wrong with your Bronco. You need to adjust your expectations. If you want to be able to power wash the exterior and guarantee not a drop of water gets inside, then you need to go buy a 4 Runner. No Bronco or Jeep will ever meet that standard.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take your panels off and reinstall them by doing the latches in the following order: small latches around the edges and then the big ones in the front last.

Inform your dealer immediately of the leaking issue.

I'd also suggest trying a different carwash. It's possible the one you guys went to had the nozzles pointed at the perfect angle to push water through the joints. I have a MY21 and I take mine through the local touchless carwash often and have had zero issues with water making it in.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will suggest you researching what you bought. EVERY open top 4x4 hard top, and most covnertibles period, will leak water if you drive them through a high pressure wash. It does not mean anything is wrong with your Bronco. You need to adjust your expectations. If you want to be able to power wash the exterior and guarantee not a drop of water gets inside, then you need to go buy a 4 Runner. No Bronco or Jeep will ever meet that standard.
Thanks for the suggestion. A friend of mine brought his Wrangler with hardtop regularly to this car wash for the last 2 years and never got a single leak. I specifically asked him after I got the leak…
On top of that, on another thread on this forum someone reported the same issue, and many replied they haven’t got any leak on their Broncos despite going through pressure washes.

The reality is more that this MIC 2.0 is not high quality and not consistent from batch to batch.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take your panels off and reinstall them by doing the latches in the following order: small latches around the edges and then the big ones in the front last.

Inform your dealer immediately of the leaking issue.

I'd also suggest trying a different carwash. It's possible the one you guys went to had the nozzles pointed at the perfect angle to push water through the joints. I have a MY21 and I take mine through the local touchless carwash often and have had zero issues with water making it in.
I’ll try that thanks

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the suggestion. A friend of mine brought his Wrangler with hardtop regularly to this car wash for the last 2 years and never got a single leak. I specifically asked him after I got the leak…
On top of that, on another thread on this forum someone reported the same issue, and many replied they haven’t got any leak on their Broncos despite going through pressure washes.

The reality is more that this MIC 2.0 is not high quality and not consistent from batch to batch.
I have bought 3 brand new Wranglers. 2 of the 3 leaked water when brand new. Jeep's standard for warranty is that car washes are NOT warranted at all. If it leaks, it leaks. They will spray a gentle mist of water from above. If this causes a leak, they will fix it. If it only leaks when being sprayed by a high pressure nozzle, then they will literally laugh you out of the service department.

The reality is that with all of the seams on the hard top and having 3 removable panels, 100% of them will leak when sprayed in the right spot at the right angle with a high pressure nozzle. None of them should leak under normal use, like you know, in a parking lot when it is raining.

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

not consistent from batch to batch.
Hit the nail on the head.

I got a MIC 2.0 built in Oct, finally took mine to a molesting (not touchless) car wash this weekend and didn't get one leak.

Double check the rubber seals, there's been some reports of being able to see sunlight in spots indicating improperly installed seals. I don't see sunlight anywhere on my top.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took my 2 door through a touchless wash (built on 11/16/21, delivered/picked up on 1/03/22). I was very nervous as it blasted away, but not a single drop. At the time, I hadn't removed any panels. Since then I've had the front panels off just once, and will be running it through the wash again - will be sure to report back.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have bought 3 brand new Wranglers. 2 of the 3 leaked water when brand new. Jeep's standard for warranty is that car washes are NOT warranted at all. If it leaks, it leaks. They will spray a gentle mist of water from above. If this causes a leak, they will fix it. If it only leaks when being sprayed by a high pressure nozzle, then they will literally laugh you out of the service department.

The reality is that with all of the seams on the hard top and having 3 removable panels, 100% of them will leak when sprayed in the right spot at the right angle with a high pressure nozzle. None of them should leak under normal use, like you know, in a parking lot when it is raining.
Jeep dealer has a 40+ page PDF on how to troubleshoot and fix Wranger roof leaks too...