Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Definitely take off your panels and check the seals to see if they are bunched/pinched or dirt is stuck in the chanels. That was one of the first things I did when I got mine home. I also don't go to automatic car washes. I either use my pressure washer at home or just the regular bays when I do take it to a car wash. No leaks on mine so far.
Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will suggest you researching what you bought. EVERY open top 4x4 hard top, and most covnertibles period, will leak water if you drive them through a high pressure wash. It does not mean anything is wrong with your Bronco. You need to adjust your expectations. If you want to be able to power wash the exterior and guarantee not a drop of water gets inside, then you need to go buy a 4 Runner. No Bronco or Jeep will ever meet that standard.
This is not true. I had a 04 TJ with hard top...not a drop in car wash or a driving rain. I had the TJ for 17 years. Same with my 09 JK Sahara...not a drop in 13 years. As it has been said before this is a mfg. issue and not the nature of the beast. Are you a paid plant from Ford??? Hmmmmmm!!

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is not true. I had a 04 TJ with hard top...not a drop in car wash or a driving rain. I had the TJ for 17 years. Same with my 09 JK Sahara...not a drop in 13 years. As it has been said before this is a mfg. issue and not the nature of the beast. Are you a paid plant from Ford??? Hmmmmmm!!
Did your Tj have freedom panels or was it a single piece hard top? Iā€™ll also call bullshit on a TJ not leaking in a high pressure car wash.
Anyhow, I had 2 JKUs and still own a JLU. They are fine for what the are, but šŸ’Æ water tight they are not. None of them leaked under normal use, but could all be forced to leak by spraying hard at the right angle.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did your Tj have freedom panels or was it a single piece hard top? Iā€™ll also call bullshit on a TJ not leaking in a high pressure car wash.
Anyhow, I had 2 JKUs and still own a JLU. They are fine for what the are, but šŸ’Æ water tight they are not. None of them leaked under normal use, but could all be forced to leak by spraying hard at the right angle.
Well...I wish I was half as smart as you think you are. The JK has not leaked, even though you said it did. You are why social media is a pain in the butt.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well...I wish I was half as smart as you think you are. The JK has not leaked, even though you said it did. You are why social media is a pain in the butt.
He is also why companies keep selling overpriced garbage. People like him thinking itā€™s totally ok and normal to buy a piece of crap means there is no reason to change it.

The Bronco is an amazing vehicle overall but letā€™s be honest this hardtop is crap. So many known issues, from QC to finish and edges, to leaks, or popping noise that people like him think itā€™s ok to DIY fix with a piece of rubberā€¦

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will suggest you researching what you bought. EVERY open top 4x4 hard top, and most covnertibles period, will leak water if you drive them through a high pressure wash. It does not mean anything is wrong with your Bronco. You need to adjust your expectations. If you want to be able to power wash the exterior and guarantee not a drop of water gets inside, then you need to go buy a 4 Runner. No Bronco or Jeep will ever meet that standard.
Not true. I drive my gladiator through high pressure washes all the time. It has NEVER leaked a drop of water. Even with the sunrider on it has never leaked.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And people laughed at me when I switched to the soft top. šŸ˜ No issues with mine.
I spoke to a lady in the parking lot last week. She did the same. She did say she will pay the money at some point for a 3rd party hard top. In MI there was some flap of the top in winter winds and she was getting the salt spray on the inside. She was concerned of it starting corrosion on the metal parts.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not saying it should happen, but this is why I said no to the carpet headliner. . .

Quiz

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Wrangler, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Everyone has known that there are issues with the hardtop. Ford trying to outdo the Wrangler by having 3 removable pieces was a mistake. Everyone thatā€™s complaining should maybe wait until 2023 or later and not roll the dice on a 1st year production vehicle. So far my soft top is fine and Iā€™ll buy a hardtop whenever they figure it out. The hardtop on my jlur has no issues and people have ragged on jeeps for years about road noise and bad quality. Ford is finding out itā€™s harder than they thought and itā€™s going to take awhile.

Sponsored

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So much this. Why are people driving any car through a car wash? I haven't used one since I was a kid. They are terrible for your clear coat and your paint.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the suggestion. A friend of mine brought his Wrangler with hardtop regularly to this car wash for the last 2 years and never got a single leak. I specifically asked him after I got the leakā€¦
On top of that, on another thread on this forum someone reported the same issue, and many replied they havenā€™t got any leak on their Broncos despite going through pressure washes.

The reality is more that this MIC 2.0 is not high quality and not consistent from batch to batch.
I've been through the carwash many times in my 4dr Badlands with MIC top and never had a drop leak inside. I've had the roof panels off and reinstalled a couple of times and still no leaks.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine has zero leaks at the car wash, but I'll come out to puddles in both driver and passenger front footwell if My Bronco is left in sustained rain.

Luckily I have washout interior so it's not too big a deal. Its a plastic, removable roof. I don't expect much else.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So much this. Why are people driving any car through a car wash? I haven't used one since I was a kid. They are terrible for your clear coat and your paint.
This is true...but sometimes ya gotta when it's 5 above, salt all over it and now place to go inside for a hand job...wash. Either that our you get a 3rd loan for the hand washes. My old ones go through the car wash. New ones I don't drive during the winter.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine has zero leaks at the car wash, but I'll come out to puddles in both driver and passenger front footwell if My Bronco is left in sustained rain.

Luckily I have washout interior so it's not too big a deal. Its a plastic, removable roof. I don't expect much else.
Maybe it's the family of Detroit rats relieving themselves. :rolleyes:
Sponsored