Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just wondering... have you tried the garden hose at home? It could just be the angle of the pressure.

Goodluck!!!
Sponsored

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

And people laughed at me when I switched to the soft top. šŸ˜ No issues with mine.
Yeah but my hard top doesnā€™t leak, no issues with mine. Plus I got a hard top! šŸ˜

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is true...but sometimes ya gotta when it's 5 above, salt all over it and now place to go inside for a hand job...wash. Either that our you get a 3rd loan for the hand washes. My old ones go through the car wash. New ones I don't drive during the winter.
Yeah, I lived in Iowa for many years, so I feel ya. Fortunately, I live in a place that rarely has a high of under 65 degrees.

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have bought 3 brand new Wranglers. 2 of the 3 leaked water when brand new. Jeep's standard for warranty is that car washes are NOT warranted at all. If it leaks, it leaks. They will spray a gentle mist of water from above. If this causes a leak, they will fix it. If it only leaks when being sprayed by a high pressure nozzle, then they will literally laugh you out of the service department.

The reality is that with all of the seams on the hard top and having 3 removable panels, 100% of them will leak when sprayed in the right spot at the right angle with a high pressure nozzle. None of them should leak under normal use, like you know, in a parking lot when it is raining.
I've had 4 door Jeeps ('12, '16, and '20) with hard tops and they all leaked to some degree when run through the car wash. Plus, water would come in the door seams at the bottom on the A-pillar seam. I'd always get a nice ankle misting when I was wearing shorts. It's just part of a removable top / removable door vehicle.

At the end of the day, a few drips really don't matter. My '12 was topless and doorless when a surprise downpour popped up one afternoon while I was at work. It dumped close to an inch of rain in a very short time, then the sky went completely blue again. The interior was flooded - to the point that water was swirling around in the floorboards and blowing out while I was doing 70 down the highway. I got home and pulled out the shop vac and proceeded to fill it up 5 times with all of the water in my Jeep. A few more topless/doorless days with loosened carpet in the sun and it was back to 100% with no signs that it had ever been completely soaked.

MuttonBuster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12/20 Build BL/SAS/LUX/Tow/Soft Top
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've taken my soft top through the car wash and haven't had any leaks.

Sounds like you both got a bad batch of MICs. You both should check with FORD about getting it replaced.

I disagree that ANY roof should be expected to leak. I didn't own a soft top JEEP, so I don't know. I've never had leaks in any of my cars, so it's unacceptable from a brand new vehicle.

Sponsored

Broncoder

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will suggest you researching what you bought. EVERY open top 4x4 hard top, and most covnertibles period, will leak water if you drive them through a high pressure wash. It does not mean anything is wrong with your Bronco. You need to adjust your expectations. If you want to be able to power wash the exterior and guarantee not a drop of water gets inside, then you need to go buy a 4 Runner. No Bronco or Jeep will ever meet that standard.
Never once had this issue with my Wrangler. Just sayin.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never once had this issue with my Wrangler. Just sayin.
I appreciate your comment as well as several other comments in this threads that clearly show several Wrangler and bronco hard top owners have 0 leak issue at a car wash.
Because from other comments it looks as if itā€™s normal and expected to have a roof that leaks water in my face and how do I dare complaining about it.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will suggest you researching what you bought. EVERY open top 4x4 hard top, and most covnertibles period, will leak water if you drive them through a high pressure wash. It does not mean anything is wrong with your Bronco. You need to adjust your expectations. If you want to be able to power wash the exterior and guarantee not a drop of water gets inside, then you need to go buy a 4 Runner. No Bronco or Jeep will ever meet that standard.
My 2013 JK wrangler has never leaked in a car wash. During winter months, I take it through weekly. Definitely should not be expected.

Broncoder

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I appreciate your comment as well as several other comments in this threads that clearly show several Wrangler and bronco hard top owners have 0 leak issue at a car wash.
Because from other comments it looks as if itā€™s normal and expected to have a roof that leaks water in my face and how do I dare complaining about it.
Not that it's an apples-to-apples comparison, but I never had this issue in either soft top Wrangler I owned either. And just to be clear, I'm not carrying water for Jeep/Fiat (I'm here praying for a Bronco all day every day for a host of reasons), I just thought declaring that you were a fool for thinking this was an issue for this "vehicle type" was uncalled for.

Sponsored

Joez60421

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fleet of Toyota 4runners and Land Cruisers
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Funny reference, as my 1987 4runner does not leak through a carwash, and the gaskets on that hardtop are 35 years old. Neither did my K5 Blazer. The expectation should not be lowered, the roof should seal.

Markpf189

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So much this. Why are people driving any car through a car wash? I haven't used one since I was a kid. They are terrible for your clear coat and your paint.
If you live in an area with constant salt rotting away at your car..then youā€™ll understand why. Good luck trying to wash the undercarriage yourself when itā€™s 10 degrees out :D

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you live in an area with constant salt rotting away at your car..then youā€™ll understand why. Good luck trying to wash the undercarriage yourself when itā€™s 10 degrees out :D
I mean, I lived in Iowa for 15 years - so I know how bad it sucks.
We had some self service car washes that I went to in full winter gear. Didnā€™t do a great job making it look clean, but it cleaned off the salt and beet juice.

happy now I love where it isnā€™t that cold.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is complete utter BS.

And people laughed at me when I switched to the soft top. šŸ˜ No issues with mine.
*laughing at you

OP, take a flashlight through the seams and you will see the problem areas. A lot of us got gaskets installed by monkeys. Could be fine in rain, but a touch less car wash will expose the flaws.

Ford Bronco Both our 2022 Badlands MIC leak at car wash 52B2585F-0E15-44AD-8070-5E9259F91974

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just took my 2dr though a touchless today and bone dry inside. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø I've had the front panels off 5-6 times now.
Sponsored