Sponsored

Bought Brand-New on Thursday, am I being nitpicky about this flaw?

badlandstonka

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bought this Badlands brand-new this past Thursday. This is on the passenger side so I didn't see it until my coworker and I went to lunch today and he asked if I had noticed the spotting on the handle at which point I noticed the gouge on the door.

Am I being nitpicky to call the dealership and ask about this? I paid $6k over sticker and it's brand-new so in my opinion it's a valid complaint. They 'detailed' it while I was finishing up my paperwork, not sure if they were in a hurry and used the wrong cleaner or if this could be factory and something others have seen.

I'm fortunate this was my first big purchase, but between my hood alarm triggering on the night I got it home and several times since then (already took it by the dealer for that and they offered to keep it for further inspection because no sensor readings, see my other thread), it's just kinda killed my good vibes about making this purchase.

IMG_3053.JPG

IMG_3054.JPG

IMG_3055.JPG

IMG_3056.JPG
Sponsored

BitterBronco

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tuxedo Black Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m a Day 3 Res holder who waited 2 years. I wouldnā€™t have blown a gasket or anything but Iā€™d have made sure that truckā€™s keys were in my hands and then Iā€™d make sure the dealership was ordering replacement trim pieces (easy for me to say bc my dealership was awesome - shoutout to Monaco Ford in Glastonbury, CT)

Also, given the price of the Badlands PLUS your ADM, I think youā€™re within your right to ask the dealership to replace the parts.

Although, given the tendencies of this forum, I feel inclined to offer encouragement to handling this in a calm/cool/collected manner.

Sponsored

BeachTiger

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those spots look like overspray from maybe a lubricant or something. Have you tried simply wiping it off with some all purpose cleaner or mild degreaser? On the black plastic I'd probably just shave that little nub off with a razor and go about my day. You'll probably have more of those in short order from daily use.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Make appt, get it in writing, it should be replaced with no issues. Dont wait forever..

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Handle yes. Gouge meh, wait until you see how this plastic holds up (you have a good preview now). Maybe see if they will throw some swag your way..

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My touchscreen bezel paint came chipped from the factory. I quickly learned to embrace the interior quality as "thrasher grade" once I nicked up my rear cargo walls from hauling firewood the first weekend I got it :LOL:

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Bought this Badlands brand-new this past Thursday. This is on the passenger side so I didn't see it until my coworker and I went to lunch today and he asked if I had noticed the spotting on the handle at which point I noticed the gouge on the door.

Am I being nitpicky to call the dealership and ask about this? I paid $6k over sticker and it's brand-new so in my opinion it's a valid complaint. They 'detailed' it while I was finishing up my paperwork, not sure if they were in a hurry and used the wrong cleaner or if this could be factory and something others have seen.

I'm fortunate this was my first big purchase, but between my hood alarm triggering on the night I got it home and several times since then (already took it by the dealer for that and they offered to keep it for further inspection because no sensor readings, see my other thread), it's just kinda killed my good vibes about making this purchase.

Ford Bronco Bought Brand-New on Thursday, am I being nitpicky about this flaw? IMG_3056.JPG

Ford Bronco Bought Brand-New on Thursday, am I being nitpicky about this flaw? IMG_3056.JPG

Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Bronco concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At Ford, Quality is Job 1

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oof, that's bad. I'd say something but it may be too late.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a minor scratch on my Center Console and Ford replaced the entire console. Things like this will inevitably happen as you drive the Bronco, but (for what we paid) it would be nice if the cause was all ours to claim responsibility for. Definitely get that fixed.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ask nicely and I'm sure they will take care of it. These types of repairs don't come out of the dealer's pocket so they shouldn't care.

saban

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
those spots are probably from the dealer prepping the windows. probably sprayed invisible glass cleaner or something similar on the window and oversprayed instead of spraying onto a microfiber cloth
Sponsored