First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Purchased a BRAND-NEW 2022 Badlands Sasquatch on Thursday, January 12, 2023 for about $6,000 over MSRP (sticker was $62k) so about $68k total before tax/fees. Had the Lux + Marine Leather + Sasquatch that I was all dead-set on so I was fine with the price.

Everything was fine on the ride home, but upon parking it and getting in bed my FordPass alerted me (and I heard my alarm blaring) my alarm was triggered for the hood being ajar. Wind was blowing, so thought that could be it, went out and opened and closed the hood, no more alarms for that night.

Hood ajar alarm has been crazy since, went off at least 10 times just sitting in the driveway today. I took a trip to the store and had to get out and open/close the hood at a stop sign today because it said my hood was ajar, and it still said my hood was ajar all the way to the grocery store.

Tried to remote start from the key on my way out of the grocery store and my alarm went off instead of it starting! I assume since hood was "ajar".... (this remote start issue has happened three times since I got it)

I checked out the latch, the latch bolt has some slight wear where it was tightened or loosened, (at the dealer I assume, I'm sure this alarm issue was happening on their lot) as well as there is grease on the latch, to the point that some fell below the latch and there is a small glob formed.

Salesman called Friday morning to check in and I mentioned the one alarm the first night, he wasn't concerned and said any dealership could check it out. But it's happened 10+ times since I spoke to him. Pretty bummed that this keeps happening, and my neighbors are bothered that my alarm has went off nearly 15 times since Thursday.

I was happy to get my dream ride and wanted to protect it, so I did get the Ford Protect (5 year/75k, paid $3,650 from dealer....) as well as the maintenance plan ($1,550). I learned I got TOOK on the Protect Plan, maintenance could be a little cheaper also.

NEED INPUT: I plan to cancel the Ford Protect and Maintenance Plan first thing in the morning when I call the dealer about this hood alarm. Is this hood-latch issue covered on the included 3-year warranty? Additionally, like I mentioned, this is a BRAND-NEW Bronco that I paid $6k over sticker for, am I wrong to press the dealer for some sort of compensation for this issue since this issue was clearly known, not mentioned, and they attempted to pass it off on me hoping all went well...? (as well as took me on that Ford Protect plan pricing!)

IMG_2986.jpg
Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sure it's covered on your regular warranty and don't hesitate to take it back to get it fixed. I don't think I've seen this issue on the forum but I might of missed it. If it has happened to someone else I'm sure it's on the forum somewhere. Good Luck and let us know what happens.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Relax, it is just a switch in the hood latch mechanism. It needs to be adjusted or replaced. Same thing has happened to mine, well once. It is a low cost part on a high dollar vehicle, the dealership will repair/replace it. No biggie.

Sponsored

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Purchased a BRAND-NEW 2022 Badlands Sasquatch on Thursday, January 12, 2023 for about $6,000 over MSRP (sticker was $62k) so about $68k total before tax/fees. Had the Lux + Marine Leather + Sasquatch that I was all dead-set on so I was fine with the price.

Everything was fine on the ride home, but upon parking it and getting in bed my FordPass alerted me (and I heard my alarm blaring) my alarm was triggered for the hood being ajar. Wind was blowing, so thought that could be it, went out and opened and closed the hood, no more alarms for that night.

Hood ajar alarm has been crazy since, went off at least 10 times just sitting in the driveway today. I took a trip to the store and had to get out and open/close the hood at a stop sign today because it said my hood was ajar, and it still said my hood was ajar all the way to the grocery store.

Tried to remote start from the key on my way out of the grocery store and my alarm went off instead of it starting! I assume since hood was "ajar".... (this remote start issue has happened three times since I got it)

I checked out the latch, the latch bolt has some slight wear where it was tightened or loosened, (at the dealer I assume, I'm sure this alarm issue was happening on their lot) as well as there is grease on the latch, to the point that some fell below the latch and there is a small glob formed.

Salesman called Friday morning to check in and I mentioned the one alarm the first night, he wasn't concerned and said any dealership could check it out. But it's happened 10+ times since I spoke to him. Pretty bummed that this keeps happening, and my neighbors are bothered that my alarm has went off nearly 15 times since Thursday.

I was happy to get my dream ride and wanted to protect it, so I did get the Ford Protect (5 year/75k, paid $3,650 from dealer....) as well as the maintenance plan ($1,550). I learned I got TOOK on the Protect Plan, maintenance could be a little cheaper also.

NEED INPUT: I plan to cancel the Ford Protect and Maintenance Plan first thing in the morning when I call the dealer about this hood alarm. Is this hood-latch issue covered on the included 3-year warranty? Additionally, like I mentioned, this is a BRAND-NEW Bronco that I paid $6k over sticker for, am I wrong to press the dealer for some sort of compensation for this issue since this issue was clearly known, not mentioned, and they attempted to pass it off on me hoping all went well...? (as well as took me on that Ford Protect plan pricing!)

IMG_2986.jpg
Everything is covered the first twelve months. Everything. As for the issue if it happens so often thatā€™s a slam dunk for a repair because itā€™s the repairs that a dealer canā€™t replicate that are the real problem to fix. You over paid for your ESP so get your money back. You have 30 days to cancel it. Go to Granger.com and buy it for half the price.

NaMinesClarence

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How in the world did you spend 13k more than a Badlands, Sasquatch, soft top, high package and only get lux instead?

OP
OP
badlandstonka

badlandstonka

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How in the world did you spend 13k more than a Badlands, Sasquatch, soft top, high package and only get lux instead?
I was mistaken, mine has the leather trim/vinyl seats, plus surcharge for the cyber orange, as well as on-vehicle door-bags, keypad, bumper + mats (can't forget the $6k markup lol)

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Make sure you don't have a loose fuse (or fuse box)...some rigs got delivered with loose ones in the engine-located fuse box.

OP
OP
badlandstonka

badlandstonka

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hood Alarm was going crazy on Sunday so I went out and pressed down on the sensor to get it to stop. Took it by the dealership, they weren't able to get any sensor readings on it. They offered to keep it for further inspection but considering I live 2 hours from the dealership I wasn't interested.

Hasn't occurred again since I pressed down on the sensor, good for my neighbors sanity, but hate that I wasn't able to get it resolved at the dealer, no replacement latch or sensor, dealer swears it wasn't doing anything on their lot but in my OP, the grease on the latch and wear on the latch-bolt suggest otherwise...

Sponsored

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Found this thread because ever since receiving my Bronco, the alarm has gone off about 20 times from "hood opened detected". Only thing the dealer and I can come up with is the hood latch is defective. They're going to look at it and probably replace it on the 9th when it's in for bash plate install. The alarm issue has been super annoying.

Glad I found this thread. Seems to be a known issue.

OP
OP
badlandstonka

badlandstonka

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Found this thread because ever since receiving my Bronco, the alarm has gone off about 20 times from "hood opened detected". Only thing the dealer and I can come up with is the hood latch is defective. They're going to look at it and probably replace it on the 9th when it's in for bash plate install. The alarm issue has been super annoying.

Glad I found this thread. Seems to be a known issue.
Hate it happened to you, but glad to know Iā€™m not alone.

took mine to the dealer and they said no error codes, offered to keep it for a couple of days but the dealership is 2 hours from me, plus I hadnā€™t had it for 72 hours, so wasnā€™t interested.

happens once every four days or so now, still need to get it checked out. I was hoping it solved itself but went out with some friends Friday and Iā€™ll be danged if I didnā€™t get the FordPass notif when I was a mile away from it and sure nuff got back to it flashing, as the horn had stopped blaring.

Iā€™ve got a case open with ford about an interior issue on mine as well, need to check up on that tomorrow as well as tell them to make arrangements for the latch replacement when they put my new passenger door panel in.

Kills that new ride vibe doesnā€™t it?! Happy trails to ya!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hood Alarm was going crazy on Sunday so I went out and pressed down on the sensor to get it to stop. Took it by the dealership, they weren't able to get any sensor readings on it. They offered to keep it for further inspection but considering I live 2 hours from the dealership I wasn't interested.

Hasn't occurred again since I pressed down on the sensor, good for my neighbors sanity, but hate that I wasn't able to get it resolved at the dealer, no replacement latch or sensor, dealer swears it wasn't doing anything on their lot but in my OP, the grease on the latch and wear on the latch-bolt suggest otherwise...
Sorry to hear about the bug. But man, I hope my future base Bronco is unconnected and not having any of these sort of "features", alarms, etc. I do not want my car pestering me, lol.

Regarding the optional extended warranty, is it really only 5 years? I never buy the extended warranties, but was considering making an exception, given the Bronco is a new design. But 5 years doesn't seem that long. (My wife's Kia Soul I think has 10 year/100,000 mile drivetrain warranty standard.)

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hate it happened to you, but glad to know Iā€™m not alone.

took mine to the dealer and they said no error codes, offered to keep it for a couple of days but the dealership is 2 hours from me, plus I hadnā€™t had it for 72 hours, so wasnā€™t interested.

happens once every four days or so now, still need to get it checked out. I was hoping it solved itself but went out with some friends Friday and Iā€™ll be danged if I didnā€™t get the FordPass notif when I was a mile away from it and sure nuff got back to it flashing, as the horn had stopped blaring.

Iā€™ve got a case open with ford about an interior issue on mine as well, need to check up on that tomorrow as well as tell them to make arrangements for the latch replacement when they put my new passenger door panel in.

Kills that new ride vibe doesnā€™t it?! Happy trails to ya!

No good. I feel ya. It sucks to wait for a vehicle for so long and then get it and its filled with issues. No matter whether theyre big or small, it still takes some of the fun out of getting it. Mine was misbuilt, has the hood latch/alarm issue and Ford forgot to put something I ordered from the factory in with the vehicle. So three issues so far in first 3 weeks of ownership. Hope all of yours get sorted out and fixed soon. Good luck!

Thingfish

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Area 51 High pkg - no Squatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My ā€˜23 BL has started doing this after a month of ownership. Any resolution or developments?
Sponsored