First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been waiting 6 weeks for a brake booster line as my dealer states the part is on back order. I am extremely frustrated waiting this long and seeing new broncos be built every day. Has anyone waited this long for this issue, I know it’s a common problem. I’m in Ontario Canada and have the 2.3L.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not to make your situation worse but the part changed numbers again at the beginning of this month and it's showing 109 on back order until 11/4/22.

The remarks almost indicate this might be in the process of becoming a recall. I checked and didn't see any new recalls pop up but none of that changes the fact the part delay is unacceptable.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Would the part from the Ranger get you on the road until the back order comes in?

OP
OP

Joeyton

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If that’s an option ford has not offered it to me unfortunately

OP
OP

Joeyton

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not to make your situation worse but the part changed numbers again at the beginning of this month and it's showing 109 on back order until 11/4/22.

The remarks almost indicate this might be in the process of becoming a recall. I checked and didn't see any new recalls pop up but none of that changes the fact the part delay is unacceptable.
I appreciate your reply and oh boy that’s quite wait still.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, but I have been driving with the contaminated vacuum line for over a year now. And come to think of it, it has been several months since I got a brake error message.

OP
OP

Joeyton

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No, but I have been driving with the contaminated vacuum line for over a year now. And come to think of it, it has been several months since I got a brake error message.
Did you ever get the line cleaned out or anything?

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

nope. I honestly had forgotten all about it until this thread popped up.
Out of curiosity, did you initially get the error when driving with cruise control engaged? Seems like that might be the culprit from what I'm reading.

OP
OP

Joeyton

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Out of curiosity, did you initially get the error when driving with cruise control engaged? Seems like that might be the culprit from what I'm reading.
Yes you’re right, what do you think then. Minor concern just the debris in the tube?

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Seems you cant get any parts for broncos locally in my area. Parts stores laugh when you say bronco. I just ordered an axel that shipped from Michigan. Most cars you can get an axel locally at 10 different places. Must be covid ,lol.

thesocalexplorer

Big Bend
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes you’re right, what do you think then. Minor concern just the debris in the tube?
In another thread here, there's a hypothesis that since the 2.3's brake booster is vacuum driven, cruise control (in certain driving conditions) keeps a small amount of boost applied -- e.g. driving slightly uphill, highway speeds, or if the rig is fully loaded. This constant boost for minutes on end, even if negligible at 0.5-1 psi, could kill any vacuum in the system which results in no vacuum for the brake booster for a few initial pumps. This is compared to non-cruise control driving, which has pedal modulation, therefore giving back some vacuum to the system periodically.

*Edit* Here's the thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2-3-vacuum-brake-boost-failure.51629/

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In another thread here, there's a hypothesis that since the 2.3's brake booster is vacuum driven, cruise control (in certain driving conditions) keeps a small amount of boost applied -- e.g. driving slightly uphill, highway speeds, or if the rig is fully loaded. This constant boost for minutes on end, even if negligible at 0.5-1 psi, could kill any vacuum in the system which results in no vacuum for the brake booster for a few initial pumps. This is compared to non-cruise control driving, which has pedal modulation, therefore giving back some vacuum to the system periodically.

*Edit* Here's the thread: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2-3-vacuum-brake-boost-failure.51629/
Yep, this is my theory.
Sponsored