First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for asking! The bronco is still at the dealership been over 3 weeks now. They said still waiting on Ford engineer to call. My patience is starting to run thin. They did give me a free rent car but starting to lose trust. I will post when/if I ever get my bronco back 😞 At this point I may just trade it in and be done with it.
Sponsored

Skip

Big Bend
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
2021 2.3 here last week cruise on someone cut me off, hit brake and it felt like it was welded in place and wouldn’t kick the cruise off, brake warning light came on. Managed to turn off the cruise control after a quick lane change maneuver. I stomped on the brake about a half dozen times and gained control again. Taking it in tomorrow morning. Scared the crap out of me. After turning it off and then restarting it, brake light went off, but came back on again.

OP
OP
AK SNO RIDER

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2021 2.3 here last week cruise on someone cut me off, hit brake and it felt like it was welded in place and wouldn’t kick the cruise off, brake warning light came on. Managed to turn off the cruise control after a quick lane change maneuver. I stomped on the brake about a half dozen times and gained control again. Taking it in tomorrow morning. Scared the crap out of me. After turning it off and then restarting it, brake light went off, but came back on again.
I know a number of 2.3 owners have posted similar issues. Don't remember what the cause is on the 2.3, they have a different brake setup (vacuum boosted vs electric).

A bit of searching you might be able to make an educated guess on what happened though.

It's amazing Ford has had major braking issues on both engines. Not exactly the kind of failure you want to have...

Skip

Big Bend
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks, cross posted in 2.3.

mirabf

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2023 Bronco Badlands with 1600 miles; I am having the same issue. My brakes gave out this past Saturday, almost hit a car. Had the Bronco towed to Ford, they upgraded the firmware and replaced the Brake booster yesterday. I picked it up this morning, drove about 100 yards and the brakes failed again! I opened a ticket with Ford Motors today. They will be sending out an engineer to see if they can find the issue.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2023 Bronco Badlands with 1600 miles; I am having the same issue. My brakes gave out this past Saturday, almost hit a car. Had the Bronco towed to Ford, they upgraded the firmware and replaced the Brake booster yesterday. I picked it up this morning, drove about 100 yards and the brakes failed again! I opened a ticket with Ford Motors today. They will be sending out an engineer to see if they can find the issue.
Hi Frank. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Wildtrak'n

Wildtrak
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
did the issue get fixed?
Sponsored