First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Company Car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody else having this issue? It comes on when I put cruise control on. Emergency break stays on and Check Brake System pops up. I took it in once already.

CF66CD97-D8F3-4AB1-9BEA-A3C426FF72B3.jpeg
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anybody else having this issue? It comes on when I put cruise control on. Emergency break stays on and Check Brake System pops up. I took it in once already.

Ford Bronco Brake Light and Check Brake System CF66CD97-D8F3-4AB1-9BEA-A3C426FF72B3
Hi there, Alex – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi there, Alex – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage, along with some more details about your situation. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!
Enjoy that you're more active here helping your customers. Stick around. Ignore the people asking you to do things you have no control over

Cheers 🍻

Mhenry303

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Big Bend 4DR Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just had this issue today. I was driving home this morning after a 12 hour night shift at about 70-75 mph down a 3 lane major interstate and the check brake system message came up and the red brake light came on. I stepped on the brake pedal and had no brakes whatsoever. Scared the crap out of me. After slowing down by just not using the gas I tried the brakes and nothing and after pumping them a few times they kicked in. I’ve turned the car on and off several times and the message pops up and the light stays on.

OP
OP

Ahauser2010

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Company Car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please take care of this. This happened AGAIN to me after taking it to the dealership. I almost got in a bad wreck because of it.

Sponsored

Clean68

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Ford Bronco, 2008 Triumph Thuxton
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Please take care of this. This happened AGAIN to me after taking it to the dealership. I almost got in a bad wreck because of it.

You ever get this fixed? What was it?

JLEE8008

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m also getting check brake system warning lights and also the brake fluid level low warning each time when I start my Bronco. It clears after a few minutes and then pops up multiple times during the drive. But this happens every time I drive my Bronco. I’ve taken it to the dealership and they checked everything but there were no codes to clear and I had brake fluid. Hearing others on this forum experience a loss of brake ability when this warning pops up is concerning to say the least.

Ford Bronco Brake Light and Check Brake System 1648587281136

Ford Bronco Brake Light and Check Brake System 1648587281193

BroncoAMB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco AMB Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same thing just happened to me, now it won't go away. I have been to ford 4 times already to get defective parts replaced they have no loaners and I cannot keep going back and forth there and missing work. Is there a fix for this?

Moto36

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 f150 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

foxer2000

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CMAX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This happened to me today. This was the first time after four months and almost 6000 miles. Just driving to dinner - no speed control or other uncommon conditions. Then it happened again on the way home. Everything seemed to work fine, but it's still concerning. Was planning to take it on a road trip this weekend, of course. I'll take it in the dealer, I guess,.

Sponsored

Binky

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the day
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Common problem in at least the past 10 years across all Ford platforms related to either a vacuum leak or a finicky sensor.

Mine pops inconsistently while driving a constant speed on the highway for more that about 20 minutes. FORScan shows:

P050F - Brake Assist Vacuum Too Low
P0556 - Brake Booster Pressure Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
U0401 - Invalid Data Received from ECM/PCM A

The first two are related and indicate low vacuum (or a bad sensor assembly)

The second may or may not be related to the first two codes.

I have not noticed any abnormal braking behaviors either before or after the light and message pop up.

TSB associated with this code https://ford.oemdtc.com/7474/2-3l-i...-module-and-firm-brake-pedal-2021-ford-bronco

JLEE8008

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m also getting check brake system warning lights and also the brake fluid level low warning each time when I start my Bronco. It clears after a few minutes and then pops up multiple times during the drive. But this happens every time I drive my Bronco. I’ve taken it to the dealership and they checked everything but there were no codes to clear and I had brake fluid. Hearing others on this forum experience a loss of brake ability when this warning pops up is concerning to say the least.

Turns out the SOP ABS ACTUATOR had to be replaced. Took a long while for the right part to come in , but the light has not come on since installed last week.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Turns out the SOP ABS ACTUATOR had to be replaced. Took a long while for the right part to come in , but the light has not come on since installed last week.
Thanks for the update

ahick2

Outer Banks
First Name
Alyssa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My new bronco just did this as well did you find a solution to this issue?

Stormsports9

Black Diamond
First Name
Storm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just happened to me tonight driving on the expressway at 70 mph. Brake light came on and breaks pumped for a second. Pulled over turned car off and break light still on. Haven’t noticed any breaking issues yet. Anyone have a remedy to this?
Sponsored